Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The forums = Godly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The funniest twist would be if he was successful at some boring job and had a loving family and still did this.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol wtf.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IndestructibleCat posted:

Funny you should mention, "Hikkiari" once claimed to be one of the localizers for the original Nier and when a bunch of us looked in the credits to disprove this easy lie. He got really pissy. He even brought it up once again like 3-4 years later after we all cut him off (feel free to look it up on his discord, it's probably still there)

lmafo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cholifut posted:

Has anyone mentioned the dude who showed up maybe four years ago, claiming to be Id's brother, in his movie server to call him out on all his poo poo? Saying where he really lived, with his parents, no kids.
I was already tuned out by that point so I don't recall.

Wtf

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fruck!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that's the dark id too

This

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Twisty seeing a Halloween party advertised on Facebook and showing up not only being the only white person there but the only person in costume (Roman soldier) has entered the chat

lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

That's a fair point. Dark Id's lies only really started coming to light when we can piece them all together in hindsight. He was juuuuust charismatic enough that we smoothed them over and believed him until it all came crashing down now.

Erm..Let's not get ahead of ourselves..I don't think most of us believed any of these individual nutty lies outside the daughter dying thing lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think most people were not aware of the Number Two Deep Lore and simply believed it when a funny LP guy they vaguely rememver announced that he had turbo cancer. Thank you

It's this. Or thought he was just a normal boring vet when he mentioned combat stuff offhand in LP

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The fact that id and his fake sock puppet both have matching Tekken 8 avatars makes everything so much funnier to me. An extra layer of cringe.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The YOSPOS sex criminal goon got off easy with this taking all the thunder...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

He's going to puppetmaster and claim it was a social experiment or he's going to triple down and make up stuff about slowbeef and how his righteous anger at being slandered made the cancer go into remission which will make the rubes clap and cheer.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Violen posted:

having lucifer completely overwhelm the screen as that boss theme hits and the kagutsuchi icon has DEAD splayed over it then he lightly flexes his finger 4 times and kills two of your demons is without question the sickest poo poo to ever happen in a jrpg final boss fight

Yep. Many have been saying this.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lmao.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There used to be a guy in the webcomic threads who would just doxx people at random if you pissed him off and he was just kept around because this site used to be even stupider than it is now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

was this webdog or another crazy person

Yeah it was them I think lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

the star citizen thread has it's own culture and is mostly posted in by people who have never looked anywhere else on the site and it's led to multiple blowups when one of them does something bad and gets hit and the regulars don't 'get' it. Like when HopperUK probed someone there for being a TERF and riled them all up lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Playing an Ironman in Runescape (the modern one..I'm loving twisted) and Necromancy is cool as hell. Glad Ironman sections you off from all the awful p2w and microtransactions poo poo. OSRS is better tho but it's still fun.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Saw this posted on reddit lol

> Like honestly, it makes a event in retrospect feel like the real him breaking through. I woke up one morning to find disarray as one long term member had discussed feeling suicidal and his post was to tell them how to correctly position the gun. Lots of WTF from people, the poster left, and he claimed it was the angry depressed girlfriend of his dead daughter who posted it in the account he left logged on. According to him it was something he said to her dad before his failed suicide that he had to mercy kill.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

its when you signpost things like climbable walls with yellow paint splatters

signposting in games is always done but yellow paint tends to rub people the wrong way for whatever reason.

For me it just looks bad a lot of the time. Like the tarps in Dying Light never bugged me because they felt like they made sense within the context of the game. Yellow paint being on random mountain sides in the middle of nowhere on each individual climbing rock just looks dumb.

Basically, signposting is good and desirable but yellow paint is a very low effort way of doing it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What if you love yellow paint but hate disabled gamers...?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Multiple Horizon devs talking about how the inscrutable Japanese hate disabled gamers because of Elden Ring ftw.

My favorite was the article that said no quest log makes the game inaccessible to the "intellectually challenged" lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the thing is i get that some people, because of taste, will see a game that's like "go wherever you want" and get kind of overwhelmed in an unenjoyable way but i don't know how you get from there to "the Japanese hate disabled people"

It's their mind on ubisoft checklist slop. the Souls games were big but Elden Ring was WAY bigger so I think it made a bunch of other people who never played the other games take a look and when they only play Far Cry and Modern AssCreed...well....It probably looks insanely impossible lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also people think there to be some sort of moral wrongness to a game having any sort of friction or difficulty. Like the infamous Sekiro article that generated the cheated yourself etc phrase. I don't think anyone gives a poo poo really that the guy used cheat engine to go slo mo to win...But like why did he need to write an article acting like it was some failing of the game that he *had* to resort to that lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I tried the Ubisoft Avatar game while I still had ubi+ and it was extremely pretty but so soulless and bland that I got bored after 2 hours. Such a stark difference to exploring in TW3 or Elden Ring etc lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I bought Kenshi back in the day when it had 0 sfx or music and was completely silent. and it was like this for years of dev. FTW.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if you use long hair mia you're a chud

Yep. That's why I did it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I have an extremely hard time doing micro and stuff so I can't play RTS games like at all (WC3 campaign tho...ftw) but I simply don't play the games instead of acting like they're bigoted towards me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

slice and dice v3.0 is coming to steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1775490/Slice__Dice/

i think it's suited for all brains

I spent so much time at work with this game lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

HopperUK posted:

It's frustrating because there *are* accessibility issues that could be easily sorted out and disabilities that can be easily accommodated and this stupid poo poo just dilutes the issue

Yep. Like how bad audio mixing is in modern games, or how games will offer subtitles but not sub stuff that happens in combat etc.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've not heard even a second of the Sekiro dub. I'm getting sick just imagining it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dongicus posted:

yakuza 8 has subtitle customisation now so there's 0 excuse to use the dub lol

wtf..was this by default...?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stux posted:

giving up quality of performance for the main character etc and all of the cutscenes so you can understand the combat barks is pyschotic. doubly so bcos not understanding combat barks makes them 1000x less annoying

This.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

...Mods?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cdpr made a digital gwent tcg and it wasnt very noteworthy but in the beta the spy cards worked how they did in witcher 3 and that didnt last long lol

I rather liked the standalone Gwent but they like completely reworked how the game and cards work on a fundamental level multiple times so everytime I'd come back it'd be completely different so I stopped playing lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

It’s not the same nor as good as gwent but I’ve been similarly entranced by queen’s blood in ff7rebirth so far, absolutely one of the first things I’ve been rushing to do in a new area.

its ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Is there any info on if Dragon's Dogma 2 is good or not, I don't normally pre-order games anymore but it's tempting

Jesus dude.