Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
glory's hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

One time me and a friend were walking through the local university grounds as it was a shortcut to the club we were going to. Saw lights and music coming from one of the buildings and figured it was a student party so we gatecrashed.

it wasn't. It was a black woman's 50th birthday party. we were the only two white people there

[c-spam voice, also a white guy] typical yts, always seeking to colonize black women's spaces

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

one of the funniest overlooked parts is that he apparently planned to continue running the discord as a teenage japanese runaway

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

his best friend is a japanese teenager who had an abusive father the dark id beat her father to near death and rescued her and now she lives with him and his sexy wife

he named the japanese girl both after utada hikaru and her hit song, hikari which non weebs might know as simple and clean. just like nohman hes clever with the names

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

(utada hikaru is nicknamed hikki)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Wormskull posted:

(Thank you.)

hm. surprised you didnt know

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

symbolic posted:

getting absolutely pissed my run of Schrodinger's Daughter (Any%) gets ruined by the elevator glitch and resorting to the extremely risky "Terrorist's Gambit" skip

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol he really did say it was boneitis and it killed everyone in his family and was going to kill him in 24 hours and people lapped it up......anyone still buying it???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its my birthday today and im 15!

and that means only one thing........BRING IT IN GUYS!!!

*all of the fake cancer victims and japanese girlfriends i made up come in bring in cake, snackage, drinks, and meal items*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

maddox was the first guy who posts epic poo poo like hes going to 360 noscope a child for enjoying a water slide or whatever. first discord cult leader psycho???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

webcomic artists are a rare breed because they draw and draw and draw and never seem to get any better at it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pentyne posted:

wtf I thought he was living in like eastern europe or something when he posted that

how the gently caress can anyone believe that in Canada a man fought off and killed a gang of dozens of neo-nazis, leaving corpses all over his property like nbd?

rowsdower........

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol the cad thread went from making fun of loss.jpg to posting pictures of buckley's house and blaming him for his dog dying

a stiff warning to this thread to not become too involved in any one saga

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i just want to know from his discord freaks whether hes trying to post there as himself or any of his characters then we can put this thing to bed.

im still playing pacific drive, a real hidden goty for those who know

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

am i crazy or did they create a whole star citizen subforum for derek smart to play in at some point

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

star citizen guys obviously have a lot of disposable income i wonder if anyone hired a private eye to doxx someone for making fun of their $20,000.00 spaceship jpegs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

the star citizen thread has it's own culture and is mostly posted in by people who have never looked anywhere else on the site and it's led to multiple blowups when one of them does something bad and gets hit and the regulars don't 'get' it. Like when HopperUK probed someone there for being a TERF and riled them all up lol.

it belongs in CCCC, with the hitler thread

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pov youre a russian nazi killsquad ninja about to get domed on PEI

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

swap the star citizen threads with the trump threads

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

Early draft of losing my religion sounding real good

thats tim in the corner
thats tim with the crutches
scrooging my own nephew

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

That DICK! posted:

I want to know the full cat strangling story

i wish to know less

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it rules seeing someone called a concern troll and getting probed for trolling when they are doing something like telling a goon not to eat buckets of lard

i agree you should be probed for telling a goon not to do something very funny and permanently disabling to themselves

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

symbolic posted:

have you played any game that's come out in the past like two years

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont care about yellow paint because i dont care about eating slop from the ubisoft trough

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

bring back floating spinning pickups

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think there's a weird midpoint where designers don't like explicit tutorialization which is why you get practices where the game tries to kinda hide tutorials under diagetic poo poo and that can feel strangely condescending

i wish aaa game designers would unlearn putting step by step tutorials in every game. just let me skip all tutorials, like in cyberpunk 2077. get me to the action you fucks!!!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its 2024 i know that i need to tilt the stick to move

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Why do you hate people with disabilities so much

i watched enough giant bomb quick looks to know that they over tutorialize because games journalists are retarded

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Note Block posted:

You've heard of Arab Spring, now get ready for Mario Party Summer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ive never enjoyed or played an open world game as much as i did vice city and saints row 3. so im thinking the secret is to put It's My Life by Talk Talk on the radio station

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

when they started giving every unit abilities you had to remember to cast is when i could no longer hang

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

I like open world games :twisted:. Ubisoft stuff is too far though. Skyrim or Fallout 4 still have a fair amount of pushing you forwards. It's a nice balance where you can choose to follow the path or to go delve into repetitive dungeons for the +2 sword. Bigger problem is that they are very badly written lol

i challenge a tripple a game to write a script that's above a 4th grade reading level. every game is written like johnny tremaine

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HopperUK posted:

It's frustrating because there *are* accessibility issues that could be easily sorted out and disabilities that can be easily accommodated and this stupid poo poo just dilutes the issue

the dev commentary is a masterclass in how to train your player to play the game without tutorializing or making them felt hand held. its seriously inspirational in terms of teaching someone just through action and subtle a/v clues

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Stux posted:

teh most confusing aaa thing is why western games nearly universally have dogshit voice acting but jpn devs that dub in house or only eng like from soft have absolutely incredible voice acting

you have two choices for male lead, steven blum or troy baker. which way, western man?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dongicus posted:

deus ex/yakuza/bloodlines style city hubs are my favourite open worlds

you forgot RAGE

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the yakuza english dubs (which are haram to use) should just be guys with thick brooklyn, queens, bronx, and new jersey accents

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

looking at his wiki, astarion was also in the 2022(???) expansion for the old republic(??!??!??!?!?!?!???)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Honestly, when I see that an English voice track for a game has a big name (see: Hollywood actor) attached to it, it makes me less confident in the performance, not more.

usually they can only afford a couple of cutscenes worth of a famous guy anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

stunt cast for kiryu adam driver stunt casting for nishiki steven yuen stunt casting for majima jim carrey