Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
re: imp zone lurdiak thread: anyone remember what was in these posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Stux posted:

was clips of this

ty lol

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

no need to make a new rule about it. people get arbitrarily banned all the time, just do it to this guy too

e: use a bill of attainder

Cassian of Imola has a new favorite as of 23:36 on Apr 30, 2024

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

I agree, drakes suck. they're just lovely dragons

say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

I wasn't weirded out

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

no really what 'line of posting' lol

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

anyone want to buy me helldivers 2... or just chip in

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

spookykid posted:

I snapped after being bullied a bunch in the 4th grade at a lovely christian private school and beat the poo poo out of my bully with the spine-end of a bible we were carrying to "chapel" class. 3lb of scritta paper makes an effective bludgeon.

Liquid Communism posted:

My senior class was the reason my high school stopped doing those 'Most Likely To...' votes for the yearbook after my angry goth self got voted 'most likely to be a member of the trenchcoat mafia'

Captain Log posted:

I always had a strong self-preservation instinct, so I never did anything insane like getting in pellet gun fights. Strangely, I would always be willing to hurt myself for a laugh. But that was a controlled thing, where I knew what I was getting into. But having some neighborhood dumbass unload on me with a .177 or slingshot? I would have strangled somebody for that poo poo. I was always the guy you absolutely did not prank.

Captain Log posted:

A well placed throat punch can turn you from a joke into a hero.

To this day, I keep it a secret that I was aiming for the noggin.

Proper Kerni ng posted:

I got bullied in junior high right up until one little rear end in a top hat stared me down and wouldn't let me off the school bus, and I stared back while running my tongue around the inside of my lower lip like a "thinkin' about it" nervous tic or something, because I knew he would do an exaggerated version of the same thing to mock me, and when he stuck out his chin and did exactly that I popped him under the jaw with a jab that was all speed and no power. It made a noise like a clapperboard on a movie set when his teeth clacked together; he looked confused for a moment before opening his mouth and saying "...Buh." and ten billion gallons of blood poured out all over everything because he'd bitten a hole all the way through his tongue.

A few weeks later a different little rear end in a top hat tried to force a "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" in front of a bunch of other kids, and when I wasn't interested and turned around to walk away he sucker-punched me in the side of the head from behind. I just stopped and looked over my shoulder at him and told him to leave me alone and walked off, which apparently was super impressive to the crowd that had gathered because they went all supahotfire.gif about it? I just wasn't impressed with any of it, I had a class to get to.

By high school I was extremely damaged in the head from alcohol/drugs/PTSD and my Official Nickname™ was "Psycho", so bullying was no longer a problem. If I'd gone to school post-Columbine I would almost certainly have spent my 20s in some kind of facility.

Speaking of dumb idiot violence, not gonna lie-- I'd kill somebody over that. I have a lovely house and a lovely job and the newest vehicle I own is 15 years old; this land and my wife are pretty much all I have that really count for anything, and if some shitfuck burned this place down because of something as subhuman and sociopathic as a goddamn gender reveal party... that is very solidly on the list of things I'm okay going to prison for.

Captain Log posted:

I grew up around some brutal loving dogs, and shared my father's hatred of them until meeting some cool ones in my teens.

- When I was a toddler, some of my earliest memories are getting knocked down and bullied by a neighbor's Chow-Chow. Which made my father furious when he learned about it. My mother thought dealing with a dog like that would, "toughen me up."

- My piano teacher had two foaming at the mouth, psychotic golden retrievers that always tried to kill me. She would always come out and say, "Oh, they're more scared of you than you are of them!" without doing a loving thing.

- My neighborhood when I lived with my grandmother had a roaming pack of dogs that could attack people when they grouped up.

I've learned to hate the owner, not the dog. But funny enough? The worst I ever got hosed up by a dog was a Bassett hound. He ripped off both my knees while his owner did nothing, outside of yelling, "Bad Charlie! Bad!" (Charlie being the dog.)

Had it been outside, without the owner watching, I would having kicked that loving dog backwards.

Akion posted:

Well I just had a fun little mini heart attack moment. Went for a walk to the store for a Red Bull and passed by a house where a guy was on the porch with his kid playing. Dude goes inside, kid waves, I wave, keep walking.

About 15 seconds later I hear the door open, then I hear a muffled dog bark and look back to a Great Dane barreling down the sidewalk towards me. Dog stops about a foot from me (now with my hand on my gun) and the lady who came out of the house called the dog and apologized. I don't think she saw me really well due to some shrubs between me and the house, but the guy working on the house I was in front of certainly did. His eyes were fairly wide, so I'm guessing he saw where my hand was.

I don't even know the legality of shooting a dog in self defense, and I'm glad I don't have to find out. Great Danes are scary when they are moving quickly towards you. :(

Proper Kerni ng posted:

It beats trying to outrun a pack of feral dogs, or fending off a meth head with a water bottle and trail mix.

Fanny packs aren't as good as proper gun-belt-under-an-outer-garment concealed carry, but they beat the hell out of carrying in a purse or backpack/messenger bag because the pack sits right in close and is secured to your waist so it doesn't flop around and can't be easily snatched. The main thing is to either get a fanny pack that's specifically designed for carry or semi-permanently secure a holster in a regular one, because it sucks to draw on a Proud Boi advancing with a baton and get a gun that's still holstered just as much as it does to forget which pocket has the gun and put your keys in there all up in the trigger guard's personal space.

I wonder where defend equality gang tags' rich fantasy lives come from

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

not today, air bud

:blastu:

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

lol at catching 18 hours because a mod misreads your post and instead of thinking 'that's absurd, maybe I misread it' probes it for being absurd. Many such cases!

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

it's okay tho arf is well known for flying off the handle and making poo poo up about his posting enemies

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

bird brains dude

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Dongicus posted:

lmfao @ gun guys

I swear to god...

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

lol

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Do you think the TFR mod is citing rules in the probations because they look up to Koos?

I posted like 2000 words in that thread in a day, some of them even sincere, and got 24 hours for violating the thread rule against drive-by posting

Cassian of Imola has a new favorite as of 14:50 on May 11, 2024

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

YOU HAVE SIX HOURS TO COMPLY

Woah buddy let's be reasonable here, Im putting down the joke

YOU HAVE TWELVE HOURS TO COMPLY

I put the joke down, I'm no harm

YOU HAVE ONE WEEK TO COMPLY

Please, I have a family

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Once I understood Dwarf Fortress I also understood that DFHack was indispensable. Luckily it's a Steam app now and can be installed effortlessly alongside it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

I obviously have a poo poo load that I'm catching up on, including a few issues that I've PM'd specific people about. There's a lot that Chilly and I are having to discuss with others at the moment, and obviously I haven't exactly been around a ton in the last few days.

That said, I do think that we have an opportunity here to do something positive with all of this avatar buying.

A lot of you have lost TFR gang tags. I know a lot of people want them back, and I'll be happy to give you instructions on how to add them when you decide to buy yourselves an av.

But I think this is a good chance for us to have another LGBTQ+ fund raiser and hopefully get some needed money in the pockets of people who could use the support. If people are willing to dump hundreds of dollars on buying us pictures of mass murderers and a gun control guy that no one really cares about, I think it's only fair that we rummage our pockets and toss a few bucks at a worthier cause.

What I'd like to do is have a new TFR LGBTQ+ gang tag. The defend equality one is good, and if someone wants both of them when they donate I'll be happy to hook that up, but it would be nice to freshen things up in general. Perhaps something not even specifically TFR focused like the AR on the pride flag, but something a bit more basic and direct in stating support for that community. I dunno, I'm a loving terrible artist. I assume at least one of you isn't poo poo with photoshop and can gin up something. Please do the hard work for me.

Anyways, let's get a new gang tag cooking and raise some money for people who are getting poo poo on.

sounds like a certain someone got told how embarrassing a certain gangtag is