Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

650+ posts, is it still dark id stuff or are we back on how great video games are. I like video games and had fun playing cs2 with goons this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

lobster shirt posted:

i liked the jon bois thing where he made every incoming draft class in nba2k 5 feet tall with 0 ratings and it ends up with nerlins noel winning mvp like five years in a row because he's the only real nba player left

I enjoyed the adventures of Clarence BEEFTANK

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

that chatter being MonsterEnvy, better known as the goon who spent hundreds of dollars on vtuber superchats

I thought that was plinkey

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I liked fallout 3. It was a novel experience and fun when it came out.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Misterbibs was right that the vvitch was a terrible movie. I watched it with a non-native English speaker and they couldn't understand what anyone was saying.

I'm a native English speaker and I could only get about half of it. The dad guy's voice was just bass and vocal fry, I'm not even sure he was using words at all

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

you should play the much better game about being a lovely cop, sleeping dogs

goty every year

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Babe Magnet posted:

very little in street fighter makes me happier to see than someone getting SPD'd over and over

SydePhilDarked?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Don't besmirch buckley's angel like that

Edit I have installed Prey (the space station one) and am going to see what all the fuss was about. I'm hoping it isn't super scary or I'll stop playing it

ilmucche has a new favorite as of 14:12 on Mar 18, 2024

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Whenever the topic of the UK being poo poo comes up, this tweet pops into my head:

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDWAVE/status/1633477051914256384?s=20

Wait so if you're smuggled into the country and forced to work the government just goes "lol, lmao, get the gently caress out we don't care about the crime committed against you"?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

This seems like it would encourage people smuggling rather than discourage it as the government seems to believe

Yeah

Solefald posted:

basically yeah

:britain:

I left the country and no longer post in the UK thread :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bobsleigh and skeleton are cool as gently caress because tobogganing professionally is something that appeals to 8 year old me.

What I really want to see is the noma gt snow racer grand slalom at kitzbuhel

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

They are books for children

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Was in the shower today and suddenly I was asking myself "whose head goes all the way around?"

What a tune

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

https://x.com/gogcom/status/1770450466184278236?s=46&t=DvvqeOcggle6VW8Wu5D9WA

If you haven’t played it you are doing yourself a disservice by not checking it out.

Oh gently caress yeah. Turn up the radio!!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Jeff woke up and remembered SA has a Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/Something_Awful/status/1770845617616466155

Third post in the last calendar year. Personally, what I think SA needs to really bring the kids running to the site in a Bluesky account.

Didn't jeff hire someone to run this? I have vague memories of a new mystery staffer

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

American McGay posted:

We're not allowed to talk about that.

Oh my bad

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The sarcastic holomodor thread op being the poster who bought themselves transphobic avatars is a weird set of circumstances that goes through my head now and then

At least my brain remembers it like that, maybe I'm wrong. Whose head goes all the way around

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Don't forget this image, created in response to a list of Cinema Discusso posters' film blogs:

Was there not also a cinema discusso list of CD podcasts and on the list the average listener count was like single digits?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Danaru posted:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, they let you buy praxis points

Suddenly cspam buys deux ex: mankind divided en masse

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What is malding? I've only ever seen it used on SA so I'm assuming it's something praxis related

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I forgot that smarxist was permabanned. Lol

Oh what? Lifetime achievement award?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

pog boyfriend posted:

imagining someone paying money for the no homo dlc and lolling

Lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Fae pronouns kid is also the destiny slurs kid

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CelticPredator posted:

I like watching people make props or sculptures

Kurtis Conner/danny/cody ect making fun of people and cold ones

I enjoyed the guy who made weird dioramas, but there were only two videos at the time so there wasn't hours of content to see

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Heath posted:

I kept fuckin everything and rediscovering my NES in like 1999 was a ton of fun because the games were all dirt cheap. Crystalis for $6.99!

Amazing game

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hot Diggity! posted:

Slice and Dice kicks rear end play Slice and Dice

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jose posted:

That guy got really weird in the UK chat thread about people calling him mate

That's like a fundamental base for the UK thread though

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Fifty Farts posted:

This post reminded me of the old dude I used to work with who bought an Xbox One as his first videogame system ever, so he could play a driving game. He didn't like shooting games; he'd gone AWOL from the army instead of being shipped off to Vietnam. The FBI was trying to find him for years, and they tapped his mother's phone so he couldn't even tell her where he was. He's a pretty interesting guy. Anyway, the last time he'd played a videogame was when arcade machines first came out in the 70s/80s (Pong, Pac-Man, Space Invaders, etc). He complained that there were too many buttons on the xbone controller for him. Turns out, he'd been setting the controller on his knee and using the two analog sticks like arcade joysticks and was having trouble because he couldn't comfortably reach any of the buttons he needed to use. Using my phone, I showed him how to hold the controller and use his index fingers for the triggers/bumpers, and where to put his thumbs and all that. He seemed to get it and said he'd try it and let me know how it went. The next week, I asked him and he kinda sheepishly said "I... uh... I went to GameStop and bought a racing wheel. But don't worry, it wasn't that $500 beast I showed you on amazon!" I went over to his place one day to check it out, and he had set up a big comfortable armchair to sit in while he drove around Australia. His "racing" was just finding another (NPC) car in the open world and driving with them for a while. :3: He hadn't even done the "welcome to the game, here's how to drive/race" tutorial.

That dude rules. Last I heard from him, he's using a gigantic television for his computer monitor and watches videos of people walking around in Toronto and San Francisco (he's lived in both places) while he uses his treadmill.

this guy rules

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

i find the mounts aren't great to control

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I like that one user who posted all the funny usernames in the YOSPOS thread and it made them melt down because ????? Donald pentium still makes me smile

Good ol' arf. Hasn't he caused multiple mods to lose their stars just for innocuous posting in qcs?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I thought bread and roses came about due to yikesaroo and not the troubles. Clicking on qcs for the first time out of curiosity and trying to figure out what the (forums) troubles were was an interesting experience

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mad Hamish posted:

I know I had no idea any of the KM coup poo poo was going on but it must have been happening in parts of the forums I don't usually go to and now I'm wondering how many other posters were ignorant of it and found out by reading about the drama elsewhere. Like, if you just paid attention to bookmarked threads or spent most of your time in one or two subforums it would probably come as a surprise that there was drama big enough to almost tear the forums apart.

The yikesaroo seemed to be way 'louder', if you will, but I feel like that spilled out everywhere in a way that the KM stuff didn't.

I just stumbled into qcs one day and went "what in the gently caress is this website, actually?"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

why would anyone need SA credentials on the dark web? an account costs ten bucks

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The imps seem like they just really enjoy video games and wrestling. Seems like a good life tbh

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I never saw confirmation but I remember someone elsewhere saying Elephant Ambush is in his 40s with a wife and kid and it's like how can you still act like that lol.

There are a few posters I wonder about that are in that situation tbh

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Phlegmish posted:

I missed out on so much lore not reading any of the sagas threads for several years before and after the Troubles. Catching up on stuff now that some of the older threads are being linked.

What on earth

Arf is pretty good at counter strike

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

forgot to recommend king of the hill

Top tier recommend

I enjoyed legend of the galactic heroes but never finished it :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Plant MONSTER. posted:

There's a lot of song of time puzzles and oddly placed cows in MQ

cows are cool and more games should have cows

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dongicus posted:

you're gonna love pathologic 2

That game sounds scary so probably never going to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Orbs posted:

It's more creepy than scary, based on playing it a few times. Like it has some weird or disturbing dialogue, and an oppressive atmosphere of dread at basically all times, but there are not many actively scary moments I can think of. It mostly focuses on the mundane drama of trying to save the town and the people in it from the plague.

That can be pretty grim at times, especially when you fail and characters you care about die, but that's one reason it's such a good game.

I uninstalled prey before I made it to the spaceship

Or I think I did, maybe I was on the spaceship all along but I killed the first creepy alien and realised it wasn't going to be a game for me