Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which ketchup is best
Spanktchup
Squeezetchup
Goku-tchup?
View Results

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Klyith posted:

That's meaningless though, they're not all using the same type of peppers.

Siracha is made with jalepenos. That's why it's not as hot as many other hot sauces, if you eat a spoonful. Tabasco is made with tabasco peppers, which are like 50% as hot as habaneros. So even diluted with vinegar it's hotter than many other basic hot sauces.

(I like plain old tabasco because you can make stuff hot without adding a ton of salt.)

depends on if you want mostly the flavour of the pepper, or if you're just looking for heat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the ideal sauce has a lot of heat and a little flavor too

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

the ideal sauce has a lot of heat and a little flavor too

hot sauces are a lot like one man shows, in that regadr.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol a very sweet but also a bit bitter call back

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I use Crystal because the South.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

I use Crystal because the South.

Lol double meaning

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Wendigee posted:

Lol double meaning

Burgers too.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the best ones always end in a blowout

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
There are so many plants and ingredients to mix together I love trying new types of sauce. Mix em up and send me to flavor town

In general though, yellowbird serrano plus a bit of crema and lime ranks super high

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

uber_stoat posted:

the Rooster sauce company really poo poo the bed. they used to dominate that space and now there's a bunch of competitors.

big time drama. they took their sole supplier of peppers (for decades) to court and lost. their product disappeared from stores for years, they had to pay a big rear end settlement, and now they look like assholes who won't honor contracts.

https://underwoodranches.com

Their previous pepper supplier started doing their own line of hot sauces after they won the lawsuit. I’ve tried a few of them, they are good. I’m not normally a big sriracha guy but theirs is primo. Little on the expensive side for a hot sauce but it’s worth it

Also shoutout to their jalapeno bbq sauce. It’s got no tomatoes and instead it’s made with jalapeños, and then seasoned like a regular bbq sauce. Very good very unique very much worth a try

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Ranch Dressing

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

yamok sauce is p good, ngl

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Ziv Zulander posted:

Their previous pepper supplier started doing their own line of hot sauces after they won the lawsuit. I’ve tried a few of them, they are good. I’m not normally a big sriracha guy but theirs is primo. Little on the expensive side for a hot sauce but it’s worth it

Also shoutout to their jalapeno bbq sauce. It’s got no tomatoes and instead it’s made with jalapeños, and then seasoned like a regular bbq sauce. Very good very unique very much worth a try

yeah, Underwood's first attempt was kind of meh, but I think I like the new version more than the original huy fong recipe

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

ChickenHeart posted:

Alternative uses for kertcherp:

-Spaghetti sauce
-Soup base
-Ice cream topping
-Ear wash
-Seafood marinade
-Fryer oil substitute
-Tool for feigning death so guards open your jail cell
-Pie filling
-Embalming fluid
-Taco sauce
-Lethal injection substance

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Ziv Zulander posted:

I wonder how the rooster sauce people felt when they realized that pretty much anyone who has peppers can mash them up to make hot sauce.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

bitchin’ sauce is fine as an ingredient, but on its own can hardly be considered “bitchin” or “a sauce”. this is today’s truth for the sauce thread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TrashMammal posted:

bitchin’ sauce is fine as an ingredient, but on its own can hardly be considered “bitchin” or “a sauce”. this is today’s truth for the sauce thread

Bitchin sauce is weird and unnatural

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Smugworth posted:

Bitchin sauce is weird and unnatural

it’s so close, but it’s like they forgot the ingredients that would make it taste good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you have a good sauce you don’t need an edgy name imo

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Ketchup of still the best sauce hope that helps 😄

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

My grandpa put catsup on everything and it was really loving weird.
Eggs? Catsup. Tacos? Catsup. Sandwiches? Catsup.

I saw this man sneak bottles into restaurants and put it on food you wouldn't dream of putting catsup on.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t use restaurant catsup anymore ever since I saw someone at another table run his finger around the rim and lick it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I don’t use restaurant catsup anymore ever since I saw someone at another table run his finger around the rim and lick it.

LOL when I was a small child I observed my father fully cleaning a ketchup bottle at a public establishment.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

LOL when I was a small child I observed my father fully cleaning a ketchup bottle at a public establishment.

He was right to do so

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
General Tso's Sauce is the best general sauce

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Ranch Dressing

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

Ranch Dressing

It has its uses

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

general sauce thread getting kind of stale, perhaps it’s time to pull the conversation in to mustards or bbqs?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

TrashMammal posted:

general sauce thread getting kind of stale, perhaps it’s time to pull the conversation in to mustards or bbqs?

everyone knows theres' only 1 bbq and it's beans

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

there are two mustards however. yellow and the rest

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

3 DONG HORSE posted:

everyone knows theres' only 1 bbq and it's beans

the only place beans are allowed to be a sauce is in the commonwealth threads

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Mustard is the best sauce if you just gotta pick one.

Ketchup is an insane answer, it literally only goes on two kinds of foods. Potatoes and fried things. I can't think of anything else ketchup would go on that would go on it not only because a child is eating it and wants it covered in sugar sauce.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

there are two mustards however. yellow and the rest

I like whole grain

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sweet baby rays

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's a good general purpose sauce for dipping things in

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Not barbecue, of course, but like chicken nuggies and fries

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Worse than ketchup. Utter trash sauce for trash people.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

It's a good general purpose sauce for dipping things in

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Worse than ketchup. Utter trash sauce for trash people.

you okay brother?