Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which ketchup is best
Spanktchup
Squeezetchup
Goku-tchup?
View Results

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Whatever Rib Kid recommends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Worse than ketchup. Utter trash sauce for trash people.

unhinged

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I like to mix in a little hot sauce to make my SBR spicy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Rough night. Thinking Baby Ray needs a Savory lineup, the OG just tastes like sugar to me

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bags prefers kc masterpiece

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like Rib Rack’s bourbon sauce, that one’s ok. Otherwise I get the Texas Pepper sauce from a local place called Bear’s.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Sweet Baby Rays made Mark Zuckerberg the creature he is today.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I like Rib Rack’s bourbon sauce, that one’s ok. Otherwise I get the Texas Pepper sauce from a local place called Bear’s.

get you some for the low price of $8.99

https://www.bearsfoods.com/shop/p/texas-pepper-bbq-sauce

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Posting on page 9 to say anyone who DIDN'T say Whataburger is wrong.

EDIT: about ketchup, not barbecue sauce.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Stubb’s Sweet Heat is dope and exactly what it says on the bottle. Great on oven-baked BBQ chicken.

But yeah, Sweet Baby Ray’s for general purpose ‘cue. Good stuff.

dweepus
Nov 25, 2021
The hickory brown sugar sweet baby rays is the best, but like any store bought BBQ sauce it can use a little jazz. I like to put a couple dashes of vinegar-pepper sauce in there, a little wishtersher sauce, and some hot sauce, usually crystal. Takes it from good to great

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Crystal is an awesome hot sauce. Couldn’t find it anywhere here for the longest time, but now Dollar Tree and Dollar General both sell it.

Snatched a couple of bottles for my eggs and pizza.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Famous Dave's Devil's Spit is the superior barbecue sauce by a wide margin

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Truth be told I only ever use Crystal for gumbo when I make it. And exclusively Crystal

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Famous Dave's the restaurant sucks tremendous rear end

Full disclosure I have some devils spit pickles in my fridge that are ok but this isn't the pickle Megathread

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Ew, Sweet Baby Rays
It's not all that good tasting
Tossed into the trash

Spicy Stubb's is great
I could really bathe in it
Lather me up, please

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Grey Cat posted:

Ew, Sweet Baby Rays
Tossed into the trash

Spicy Stubb's is great
Lather me up, please

Hai-‘cue

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

Ew, Sweet Baby Rays
Tossed into the trash

Spicy Stubb's is great
Lather me up, please

sick of boomer cat's poo poo

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I'm loyal to Stubbs

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

stubbs is p good.

tell you what isn't though, open pit. my ex liked it and its so gross. its watery, and tastes like sugar

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If you haven't been to Stubb's in Austin to see a show (my last show was Father John Misty back in 2014-2015) I'm afraid you haven't had the real Stubb's :mmmsmug:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Deal

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

store bought bbq sauce is meh, but not any more so than the lesser homemade styles. might as well save the effort if that’s what you dig. not gonna hate on anyone enjoying them, but i’ll pass every time

nc style vinegar is sublime when made well. start with a fine vinegar as the base—unfiltered, mother intact, not too old and barrel finished; bloom a handful of dried chilies and peppercorns in a bit of the smokey rendered fat and drippings coming off of the hog you’re gonna pair it with; burr it all together with a preserved ramp and some peak season tomatoes that you’ve been slowly reducing down at the edge of the pit until they’re nice and thick—just enough to emulsify everything and give the sauce a touch of sweetness and body. tastes like heaven

hardly worth it made mediocrely though. if you’re sucking down a sauce that’s just slapped together without obsessive effort, the various texas styles rarely disappoint; nashville is similar, but tennesseans more often miss the mark; st. louis sitting in third as another generally solid standard, but with more misses still

the native sauce that sc put their name on, the mustard one, is horrid. a bizzare consequence of the sand hillers’ german heritage. the old style from the lowcountry is where the state’s pride should shine. essentially the same as nc’s vinegar sauce, but done so poorly and dirty for so long in favor of that mustard abomination that they hardly have a right to that crown

florida’s is intriguing, but hardly ever done well. kansas city’s is slop. oklahoma’s an inferior, sweeter version of texas’ worst. alabama’s is a real wtf, but honestly not bad with a good smokey bird

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

uber_stoat posted:

Sweet Baby Rays made Mark Zuckerberg the creature he is today.

Project Sugar Mountain began shortly after the Special Projects Team at Omnidyne Universal admitted to itself that the uncanny valley effect is a problem that cannot be overcome by roboticists of our era working to create human-like androids. The endeavor is based on a simple, but ingenious, pivot; can we weaponize what we cannot correct?

Mk-14, or Mark as he came to be known as by the world, is the result of that project. Every physical aspect of his design, to say nothing of the way his AI responds to external stimuli, is fine tuned to cause a deep sense of unease in those who interact with, or even behold, it.

The project has been an unqualified success; one which we quickly lost control of after MK-14 escaped (this may be a bit of an exaggeration, given that MK-14 was aggressively shoved out our facility by a night janitor who was, in his own words, “Weirded out by the way it would not break eye contact while repeatedly attempting to moisten its fingers with its tongue in order to turn the pages of an old issue of Modern Bride.”). We did not even instruct it to create Facebook; the unit simply, correctly, deduced that the best way to bother civilization to its knees was to create an internet-based version of interacting with it that subtly encouraged the userbase to do the bothering itself, thus taking much of the workload off MK-14’s plate.

Before going out of business entirely, Omnidyne had hoped to sell technology based off the MK-14 model to governments and multinational corporations in the market for new psy-op elements that could insinuate themselves into a target organization, then destabilize it through sheer disquieting oddness, but that ship has sailed. No government, military, or company that knows what “Mark” really is (and at this point they all more or less know, thanks to MK-14’s insistence on sharing videos of itself attempting to prepare and consume food) would do business with us. During meetings with the CIA, Mike Pompeo concluded discussions by saying “Even we have our limits, you loving monsters. One of these goddamn things out there wreaking havoc is already more than enough.” After that, given that few organizations operating today are less moral than the CIA, we knew our hopes of turning any profit from this boondoggle were sunk. The entire fortune of Omnidyne was divested into MK-14. We were finished.

I would say that I’m sorry for what I had a hand in doing to the world but if I’m being honest, I didn’t get into building evil robots because I have a surfeit of empathy for my fellow man. Mainly, my pride compels me to tell you what I and my team achieved through MK-14. We dealt all of civilization a blow from which it may not recover. That is OUR legacy; it doesn’t belong some loving BBQ sauce, you goddamn cretin.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the correct answer is: the vinegariest one possible

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
There’s like one place around here that has Duke’s bbq and it’s pretty good as a thick dipping sauce. It makes a good replacement for Sweet Baby Ray’s

emSparkly fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 20, 2024

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The secret to a good white BBQ sauce is a little miracle whip

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
In a sweet baritone voice ♫Barbeque Sauce♫

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Whooping Crabs posted:

In a sweet baritone voice ♫Barbeque Sauce♫

Chili's baby back ribs

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TGI Fridays Jack Daniels Sauce hasn't been the same since it became TGI Friday's Signature Whiskey sauce

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Another taste developed from poverty is a love for Kraft BBQ Sauce. It was always a buck at Winn Dixie.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Garbage condiment for garbage people

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
As a kid my maternal side of the family always had Kraft and my dad’s side liked Bulls Eye. I tried them both recently and they weren’t as good as I remember.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I use store bought bbq sauce as a base/bulk for good homemade poo poo. But I probably won't now because all commercial food is poison

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

interwhat posted:

‘bout to get you a whoopin

e: oh, never mind, proceed

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

interwhat posted:

I use store bought bbq sauce as a base/bulk for good homemade poo poo. But I probably won't now because all commercial food is poison

Do you grow and raise all the food you eat yourself?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
get used to it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

TGI Fridays Jack Daniels Sauce hasn't been the same since it became TGI Friday's Signature Whiskey sauce

Yet another victim of 🅱️idenflation

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

hardly worth it made mediocrely though. if you’re sucking down a sauce that’s just slapped together without obsessive effort, the various texas styles rarely disappoint; nashville is similar, but tennesseans more often miss the mark; st. louis sitting in third as another generally solid standard, but with more misses still

I didn't try St Louis but I had BBQ at some notable joint on Minneapolis and had some of the worst BBQ of my life. It didn't even come with the normal stuff, white bread pickles jalapenos and raw onion and such. Dickies is better and nobody should ever eat Dickies unless they need a bathroom cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

interwhat posted:

reported for trolling