Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Buce posted:

jared harris would be an example; just as a hypothetical to get the ball rolling, it what I'm saying

It ruled when Anna Torv killed him hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

The ending is extremely funny as well

I think the movie is one of the best comedies of the last 30 years and it's puzzled me how it doesn't get more buzz. Absolutely stacked cast, the Coen Bros, just going absurd with it.

Maybe it's too focused on "older" people issues, maybe? Too dry?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That said, I also absolutely LOVED Hail Cesar and that's a stacked cast with super sexy gray haired man Clooney in a hilarious role, and yet got even less buzz than BFR.

So its probably me. I just love the Coen Brothers.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

redshirt posted:

That said, I also absolutely LOVED Hail Cesar and that's a stacked cast with super sexy gray haired man Clooney in a hilarious role, and yet got even less buzz than BFR.

So its probably me. I just love the Coen Brothers.

No you don't

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

...! posted:

No you don't

Love em so much, freaking geniuses.

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

My hair started going grey at 28. I’m 33 now and my hair is a bit moar grey. I’ve accepted it tho. I kinda like it in fact.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

tehslime posted:

My hair started going grey at 28. I’m 33 now and my hair is a bit moar grey. I’ve accepted it tho. I kinda like it in fact.

I like your positivity, fellow young greyer.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it's probably hair cancer :(

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Young? lmao

...!
Oct 5, 2003

kntfkr posted:

it's probably hair cancer :(

:hmmyes:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

...! posted:

It ruled when Anna Torv killed him hth

hmm, very curious how wrong you are

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Buce posted:

hmm, very curious how wrong you are

Ah, I see you haven't watched it then. The elderly these days just don't know good TV when they see it

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I'm tired of olds

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

...! posted:

I'm tired of olds

Take it to TikTok pal

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
This thread is full of baby greys.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My beard hair is largely white but that's not what this thread is about

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Take it to TikTok pal

I'm too old and grumpy for TikTok :mad:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Smugworth posted:

My beard hair is largely white but that's not what this thread is about

I'll allow it on account of white hairs being older grey hairs.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

I'll allow it on account of white hairs being older grey hairs.

And even more uncool than gray hairs

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

I think the movie is one of the best comedies of the last 30 years and it's puzzled me how it doesn't get more buzz. Absolutely stacked cast, the Coen Bros, just going absurd with it.

Maybe it's too focused on "older" people issues, maybe? Too dry?

beats me, Raising Arizona is in my top 5 so I was the target audience

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

...! posted:

And even more uncool than gray hairs

Such a grumpy gus over everything.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

Such a grumpy gus over everything.

And...?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Toxicity is not a good fit for my old person's home thread.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Grey Cat posted:

Eating seeds as a pastime activity

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Grey Cat posted:

You have enough toxicity with all the lead you ingested straight from the garden hose

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Songbearer posted:

You have enough toxicity with all the lead you ingested straight from the garden hose

And the paint. That sweet, sweet paint...

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

The thread's entire point is toxicity and black cats

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Songbearer posted:

I'm under the legal limit, officer.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Welcome to the club :(

I think I recently noticed a Grey hair in my stubble urghh

But ya if you value your appearance use a nice mineral based SPF 30+ every day for the rest of your life :suicide:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I've started noticing a lot more hairs that are lighter than the others coming in, it's hard to tell if they're grey quite yet or just greying. The one's I found that are definitely grey were almost white.

I always use sunblock if I'm outside for more than 20 minutes, and I moisturize so I plan on still looking 20s in my 40s.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
farmer tan ftw

white belly, brown arms, straight line across the forehead from the dekalb gimme hat

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Grey Cat posted:

I've started noticing a lot more hairs that are lighter than the others coming in, it's hard to tell if they're grey quite yet or just greying. The one's I found that are definitely grey were almost white.

I always use sunblock if I'm outside for more than 20 minutes, and I moisturize so I plan on still looking 20s in my 40s.

Bad news, you need to use sunblock even if it's like 1 uva outside. In the dead of winter. . In Sweden *shrugs*. . While indoors.. If you do want maximum Mewing Gainz that is.

There is always some combination of uva and uvb radiation during daytime slowly killing your skin cell telomeres off

I'm too lazy but will probably regret it when I turn 40

gently caress rubbing that slop on my face and limbs if the UV index isn't high enough to be painful within seconds of stepping out of my front door

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Grey Cat posted:

But surely you lick the sunblock off when you moisturize your fur

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I still don't have any gray hair which I find pretty weird at this point. But I don't have many hairs so many that's part of it?

No hate to the gray hair havers, you're beautiful.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
You have grey hairs. You just can't see them. They're under your skin, growing backwards, slipping into veins and seeking out organs. You will turn inside out and poof outwards like some gigantic dust bunny. Then you will scream.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

AEMINAL posted:

Bad news, you need to use sunblock even if it's like 1 uva outside. In the dead of winter. . In Sweden *shrugs*. . While indoors.. If you do want maximum Mewing Gainz that is.

There is always some combination of uva and uvb radiation during daytime slowly killing your skin cell telomeres off

I'm too lazy but will probably regret it when I turn 40

gently caress rubbing that slop on my face and limbs if the UV index isn't high enough to be painful within seconds of stepping out of my front door

For sure I'm just never outside so when I am it's usually not even long enough to worry about it. If I am I always put on sunblock. Also I'm at altitude so I definitely need it or I burn to a crisp.

Songbearer posted:

You have grey hairs. You just can't see them. They're under your skin, growing backwards, slipping into veins and seeking out organs. You will turn inside out and poof outwards like some gigantic dust bunny. Then you will scream.

:psyduck:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

My grey in my temple barely shows, but you know what absolutely does? The tufts of hair growing out of the front of my nostrils, especially since a few of them can approach 1" all curled up in my nostril except when they decide to see what's danglin' if I don't care about trimming. I found this out because of cloth/kn95 masks and being an essential worker on an overnight.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 23, 2024

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Songbearer posted:

You are a gray hair

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
gently caress it.
I've worked outside for 20 years have never worn sunscreen sunblock or any of that poo poo. I still get carded occasionally when I buy booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

...! posted:

You are a gray hair

and I'm inside yoooooooou