Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

Professor Funk posted:

Why does no one want Troy Franklin? Jets should consider double dipping at WR with one of their three 4s tomorrow. But I bet it’s DT, S, QB in some order.

His hands are complete and utter garbage. I'm real high on Franklin despite the hands - he and Bucky made Nix the YAC king. For Buffalo he spreads the field, runs gadget plays, and had time to work on hands.

I guess the Duke DT was a 3x captain, Kurgarra has a point about DaQuans health.

We do have a billion picks tomorrow, trading up. For Franklin is on the table still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

lol it looks like a solid draft, but i wouldn't look at the two offseasons right now and say "the jets finally built a roster focusing around aaron rodgers"

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I'm down with Polk. People seem mad we passed on McConkey, but we needed the outside skillset far more than another 186 pound slot receiver

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I like Paul as a pick. Fits the team's archetype, should hopefully get most of a season (okay three games) protected development as a guard.

Also his grandfather was president of Nigeria, you can't coach bloodlines like that :v:

Hopefully they can take fliers on recievers with the day 3 picks, and I can imagine them trading up given the expected comp picks they'll get next year

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Hopefully we'll now see more of this....
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1713227295186407549
..instead of...
https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1749310798223089812/
Hopeful Cole Bishop will be a good safety. DeWayne Carter is probably another year of a DL addition who isn't the gamewrecker the team really needs and just can't find.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Anderson Koopa posted:

I picked Marvin Harrison Jr, T'Vondre Sweat, Jonathan Brooks, and Joe Milton with the first four picks as the Goon Draft GM. Does anyone else prefer that set of picks?

Setting aside the fact that I think the Pats need to pick a QB rather than MHJ in the first the rest of your draft is terrible. Injured RB in the 2nd round when they have plenty of RB talent. I like Sweat a lot as a player but the Pats do not need a DT. Joe Milton has incredible arm talent and is awful at football. You managed to draft zero o-line pieces and the Pats badly need a tackle.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
It's called a mock draft because it's laughable

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

Hopefully we'll now see more of this....
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1713227295186407549
..instead of...
https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1749310798223089812/
Hopeful Cole Bishop will be a good safety. DeWayne Carter is probably another year of a DL addition who isn't the gamewrecker the team really needs and just can't find.
I mean…I wish I could be a homer and argue otherwise, but the Bills have an eerie ability to draft/sign defensive linemen who cap out at “pretty good” but are mostly JAGs.
Especially when it counts!

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Not thrilled with the Bills draft so far.

The Bills trade downs weren't worth very much. They combined for +26.8

Cardinals +97
Falcons receive: 35th, 186th overall picks
Cardinals receive: 43rd, 79th overall picks

Panthers +292 depending on how you value 2025 picks.
Rams receive: 39th overall pick
Panthers receive: 52nd, 155th and 2025 second-round pick

I'm all for trading down, but like make it worth your while, drat.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Phobeste posted:

It's called a mock draft because it's laughable

Yeah? Well the mock store called.. they’re running out of YOU!

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

th3t00t posted:

Not thrilled with the Bills draft so far.

The Bills trade downs weren't worth very much. They combined for +26.8

Cardinals +97
Falcons receive: 35th, 186th overall picks
Cardinals receive: 43rd, 79th overall picks

Panthers +292 depending on how you value 2025 picks.
Rams receive: 39th overall pick
Panthers receive: 52nd, 155th and 2025 second-round pick

I'm all for trading down, but like make it worth your while, drat.

I don't know enough to really say one way or another, but you can't always judge your own teams results based on the desperation and/or stupidity of other teams. Like take the Rams trading up - there was a run on DTs and the Rams clearly had a position of need they wanted to fill being rapidly drafted away, so they made a bad trade (or maybe rather than bad, let's just say a high-cost trade). Bills couldn't take advantage of something like that because the Rams didn't need to trade up to where the Bills were.

You can always argue that the Bills could have got more, but we really have no way of knowing what was available where/when.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm fine with the trade downs. I think they would have still drafted Coleman at 28 without the trade downs.

My issue is mostly just with Coleman and the more I read on him the more I dislike the pick. Sounds like his upside is Gabe Davis with good hands? which is an improvement over Gabe Davis but a pretty mega downgrade from Stefon Diggs.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah? Well the mock store called.. they’re running out of YOU!

sorry i missed your call buddy :11tea:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
The Bills were never getting a player looking as good as Diggs at the end of the 1st. That's the top 3 WRs of the draft. Best you can hope for at 28-33 is a player who looks solid to good and hope he develops in to something special. That player could still be on the board right now but it's a crap shoot as to if your team lucks out.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

All of us that took pass catchers can furiously huff the “Diggs was a fourth rounder!!! It could happen again” copium

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RB and Safety and DT would probably be good gets in the 4th.

I know they want a developmental QB but they can probably wait on Jordan Travis in the 6th instead of burning a 4th on Rattler or Pratt.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

QB WR OT that’s what the Pats need :shrug:

No Rutgers players what the

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Phobeste posted:

sorry i missed your call buddy :11tea:

You’ll still be invoiced for time

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sunday Morning posted:

The Bills were never getting a player looking as good as Diggs at the end of the 1st. That's the top 3 WRs of the draft. Best you can hope for at 28-33 is a player who looks solid to good and hope he develops in to something special. That player could still be on the board right now but it's a crap shoot as to if your team lucks out.

I think AD Mitchell at least has a chance of being in that general stratosphere.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

QB WR OT that’s what the Pats need :shrug:

No Rutgers players what the

The fact that there was a Rutgers DB available and they didn’t take him is the truest sign yet that things have changed in Foxboro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Kind of funny. Is this because the top UDFA signings are actually more expensive than the 7th round slot money or something?

https://twitter.com/thejetpress/status/1784254266749710709?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw