Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
It's 2024 now, all of these teams are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

American Fraud Conference East

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Josh Allen, you are the only hope for an AFC East playoff win next January

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

he can't even take responsibility for helping his girlfriend get out of the car, can't rely on him for anythign smh smh

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

That… is a pay cut

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I'm surprised that there is a new AFC East thread. I'm scared of the draft this year. I'm used to waiting all night only to have the Patriots trade their first rounder away. It's going to be weird knowing what their plans are early in the evening.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just re-read the tweet and he says "holy forking shirtballs" twice.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Time is a flat circle.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Nodoze posted:

It's 2024 now, all of these teams are bad

You could say they’re all cheeks :smug:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Holy poo poo a new thread.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

This might be an all-time great year for this thread. The Bills and Dolphins are gutting their defenses to get under the cap (and the Dolphins are about to give Tua $50 million/year). The Jets are a clown show on offense led by a 40 year old anti-vaxxer coming off a popped achilles tendon. And the Patriots have almost no talent on their entire roster and are entering the offseason with no GM in place. God bless the AFC East.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Athletic has a few QB predictions out.

-Vikings get both Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson
-Brissett chooses the Patriots starting opportunity over the Jets.
-Jets sign Gardner Minshew to back up Aaron Rodgers.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Getting in on the ground floor of this thread that I’ll probably never post in again to say Tom Brady rules.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

This might be an all-time great year for this thread. The Bills and Dolphins are gutting their defenses to get under the cap (and the Dolphins are about to give Tua $50 million/year). The Jets are a clown show on offense led by a 40 year old anti-vaxxer coming off a popped achilles tendon. And the Patriots have almost no talent on their entire roster and are entering the offseason with no GM in place. God bless the AFC East.

You really are never going to beat rodgers playing 4 plays.

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Athletic has a few QB predictions out.

-Vikings get both Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson
-Brissett chooses the Patriots starting opportunity over the Jets.
-Jets sign Gardner Minshew to back up Aaron Rodgers.

I would donate 10 dollars to a thread funded Minshew Jets jersey for syzpid.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 7, 2024

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1765729948852006954
$2.5m for the Titty Kisser (I'm guessing he won't play enough for the incentives)

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1765729948852006954
$2.5m for the Titty Kisser (I'm guessing he won't play enough for the incentives)
If he does, Josh is dead and we win, like, 7 games tops.

Anyway, I’m still shocked they cut Morse in tandem with trading Ryan Bates away for a 5th, but I’m glad they’re being proactive about creating cap space and not being sentimental idiots. It just sucks this is happening because we gave Von Miller a gazillion dollars for him to get hurt and suck poo poo after, what? 6-8 games?

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Hey, he sure was great before being sacrificed to the turf god midseason!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1765759123423965266

Joe Douglas is a fat incompetent loser.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This agent speak. They traded what, a 6th for him? And he was ok. Feels like thats an overpay for a guy the Vikings gave up for a ham sandwich and a stale bag of chips.

edit: Yes I understand he would be an upgrade for the Jets and they could have afforded a 5th for him (to outbid the Jags) but its not some world beating move.

\/\/\/\/ hell yeah brother

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 7, 2024

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Patriots

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This agent speak. They traded what, a 6th for him? And he was ok. Feels like thats an overpay for a guy the Vikings gave up for a ham sandwich and a stale bag of chips.

edit: Yes I understand he would be an upgrade for the Jets and they could have afforded a 5th for him (to outbid the Jags) but its not some world beating move.

\/\/\/\/ hell yeah brother

They traded a 6th and are paying decent money for like the 20th best starting guard in the NFL whereas the Jets spent both money and draft picks to try to fix guard and have jack poo poo to show for it. (because their GM is a fat incompetent loser.)

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
20th best guard is really top 10 of every team needs 2

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

20th best guard is really top 10 of every team needs 2

It doesn't matter. He could be top 40 or 50 and my point is still valid. He's a solid starter.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Nothing matters mcmagic.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Kurgarra Queen posted:

If he does, Josh is dead and we win, like, 7 games tops.

Anyway, I’m still shocked they cut Morse in tandem with trading Ryan Bates away for a 5th, but I’m glad they’re being proactive about creating cap space and not being sentimental idiots. It just sucks this is happening because we gave Von Miller a gazillion dollars for him to get hurt and suck poo poo after, what? 6-8 games?
VM's salary made it worse but I think a lot of it was still coming; a lot of aging players from the early years of the current regime who's salary was creeping up while their performances were starting to decline.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

VM's salary made it worse but I think a lot of it was still coming; a lot of aging players from the early years of the current regime who's salary was creeping up while their performances were starting to decline.
Oh, absolutely, it's just that blew up in their faces and left them less wiggle room to maybe keep someone like Morse (who is still playing at a high level) another year, for example (I'm definitely concerned about the center situation now). It's def time for Tre White, Micah Hyde, and Jordan Poyer to go regardless: they're all at or past their expiration dates, and big money safeties aren't a luxury we can really afford now that we're paying Josh something like what he's worth anyhow. Deonte Harte and Nyheim Hines underperformed, Neal was a bit of a luxury.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/von-miller-can-get-back-to-17-5-million-with-10-5-sacks
Incentives are based on how much he manages to sack instead of suck.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 7, 2024

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Bills making a lot of moves to pay Gabe Davis 20 a year

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Hey I will have you know the defense is pretty OK :mad: Maybe we can get a full season of Christian Gonzalez and Judon this year

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Getting in on the ground floor of this thread that I’ll probably never post in again to say Tom Brady rules.

:hmmyes:

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Patriots

:hmmno:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 7, 2024

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Metapod posted:

Bills making a lot of moves to pay Gabe Davis 20 a year

Nice try, but I’m not ending up on cnn this offseason

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It sucks to lose the names but outside of Morse everyone was either toast or pretty expendable. We’ll have to see what the plan is

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Morse was a big one, though, and they also got rid of Ryan Bates for some reason??

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Morse was a big one, though, and they also got rid of Ryan Bates for some reason??
I mean, how could Brandon Beane pass up on that sexy 5th-round pick. It could be anything, even a center, and we really need one of those!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
The plan is to move McGovern to center

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

fsif posted:

Just re-read the tweet and he says "holy forking shirtballs" twice.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1765808347234599154?t=k2xuIkrH84_6CY3Ltp2rGg&s=19

Barf

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Another TE for the dolphins to never use

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AFC EAST INCEST IS DISGUSTING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Depraved signing