Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

This might be an all-time great year for this thread. The Bills and Dolphins are gutting their defenses to get under the cap (and the Dolphins are about to give Tua $50 million/year). The Jets are a clown show on offense led by a 40 year old anti-vaxxer coming off a popped achilles tendon. And the Patriots have almost no talent on their entire roster and are entering the offseason with no GM in place. God bless the AFC East.

Hey I will have you know the defense is pretty OK :mad: Maybe we can get a full season of Christian Gonzalez and Judon this year

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Getting in on the ground floor of this thread that I’ll probably never post in again to say Tom Brady rules.

:hmmyes:

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Patriots

:hmmno:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

You know what the funny part is? Jonnu's most productive season was last year except for touchdowns, by a lot

Well yeah it's not like he was competing for snaps with the literal highest drafted tight end in history or anything. Wait, hang on...

It wasn't really a bad touchdown year (for him), 3 is right in line with his career norms. He just had one weirdo outlier year in 2020

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

3 years, $27m, up to $30m with incentives for Henry.

Perfectly happy with that.

yeah I am totally fine locking down one of the 9 million roster holes with a reliable vet even if he's nothing special

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol. Dude will be 39 this year, might finally be the end of the line for Hoyer the Destroyer.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Rodgers hasn't demonstrated that he isn't cooked in a live fire situation yet, so I'm honestly not sure if signing Wilson would be worse for the Jets than Rodgers.

Signing him to that megadeal that the Broncos gave him, plus the picks? Absolutely a mistake. Holding off on Rodgers last year, then swooping in on Wilson for vet min this season while the Broncos keep paying him? Probably puts the Jets in a better situation overall heading into this season.

Benefits of hindsight I guess

Wasn’t at least part of the reason they did zero at backup QB to avoid denting Rogers’ ego? Imagine dropping Russ into that locker room lmao

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

If Daniels goes to Washington at 2 I don't see them taking Maye at 3 the way he's losing stock rapidly with each day.

I also don't see them reaching for any other QB @ 3 so if they don't end up trading for Fields or signing a FA in the next 48 hours then they should take MHJ.

Taking Maye @ 3 and running things back with Parker and Bourne as their top two receivers would be malpractice for a team that won just four games last year while ranking 31st in points per game last year

Who is Maye “losing stock” with? It only matters how the front office evaluates him, not various pundits whose livelihood depends on the top ten shuffling constantly so they can put out another mock draft.

The team is probably going to be rear end for at least another year no matter what. If they have a high grade on a QB I think they should take the QB. Take some shots at pass catchers on day 2-3 and hope at least one works. It’s rare to be in a spot to draft a top QB prospect and I would like them to take the shot while they can.

I wouldn’t hate them taking Marvin or Nabers but it’s not my preference. I mostly don’t want them to trade back and come away with NONE of the blue chip guys.

E: congrats Tim that is amazing :unsmith:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 11, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Holy crap Gabe didn’t sign with another AFCE team or the Chiefs

We are probably getting at least one game of Mac Jones to Gabe Davis this year though lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jags signing Gabe probably puts Ridley to the Pats in motion.

It’s gonna be a huge over pay but I am still good with it. I do not need to see every down player DaVante Parker at this stage of my life

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m pretty happy with all NE moves so far. Not like in a win the division way but in a pulling the chute on a roster that was in free fall toward worst in the league way. Draft will be huge of course.

Brissett feels like the biggest tell yet that they are taking a QB at 3

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jets probably would have been in the mix with Pittsburgh to get the last wild card spot (then obviously and immediately lose) year with Tyrod so uh there’s that I guess.

The plan really does seem to be either become living gods in New York when Aaron wins MVP and drags everyone to a championship. Or Aaron bombs again and everyone is fired. So either way who cares about 2025.

Maybe Douglas doesn’t literally think of it in those terms but it’s sure the aura the team has projected since the second ARod went down. They think they have everything but the QB in place to take down the Chiefs

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AFCE 2024: bullshit that doesn't have anything to do with winning

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Is Mack Hollins just an (even more) off-brand Gabe Davis?

I had him in the thread fantasy league :v: Along with Gabe ironically.

He’s not even that level cause there is no potential for the rare Davis 100 yards and a TD game. His ceiling is like 3 catches for 40 yards. He’ll probably matter about as much as Harty did last year except without the punt returns.

Supposedly he is a great club house guy, as I learned desperately googling for reasons to feel good about drafting him.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It would be dumb as hell for the journalist to go on record with the claim if it was totally made up, since Rodgers is definitely going to go on McAfee and get a bunch of conspiracy nuts to harass her.

It’s CNN so “dumb as hell” is definitely in play. But still not something I’d just throw out there lightly.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Lol, dangit. I thought this would be our mid-value signing. Though honestly, not sure how much he provides over even JuJu.

I can't get worked up over "missing out" on Samuel. He's a fine professional journeyman but does he give you anything significant over like, Pop Douglas

Edelman could unretire and possibly provide more value than Juju at this point lol.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Mad my team didn't do this as well

For real. Pats have infinite cap space and Keenan would be a wonderful security blanket for a rookie. Why not done :argh:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Other than shooting the moon and making the SB with ARod, a total collapse that forces even dipshit Woody to blow everything up is probably the next best outcome for the Jets? Who wants to see 5 more years of Saleh and Douglas farting out 7 wins and wasting what I will grudgingly call some of the coolest young players in the league

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

quote:

Aaron Rodgers, the outspoken NFL quarterback who Kennedy had been considering as his VP pick, is out of the running, a source close to the campaign said. The prospect of his selection prompted concerns among donors to the campaign.

When you're too much of a fuckin weirdo for RFK donors

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tyreek feels like a lock to be arrested for something really terrible once he’s been out of the league a few years and has run out of money and clout to use to bully people into settling

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Retiring because you love weed too much is maybe the most relatable thing an NFL player has ever done. That and Eddie Lacy’s struggles with China Food

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

I mean we've got 3 guys you want to chuck straight into the bin, so yeah, he's better to have around then Juju, Raegor or Thornton. I agree, I'm just whelmed, he's another Kendrick Bourne.

Yeah it's like the most :ok: signing ever, and yet he is still almost certainly an upgrade which is horrifying

Nosre posted:

Trying to imagine the offer that would make me consider it [starting from the assumption that the Pats believe in Daniels and Maye both].

11 (Vikings, so one of the most interested counterparties) is a dead zone where you're likely to miss out on Alt/Fashanu/Nabers/Odunze, so it'd have to be heavy to the point where I doubt they'd do it themselves.

I know I've said this like 50 times but agreed. I don't hate trading back in a vacuum, but the spot it lands them in really sucks because it's where a big run on defensive players happens in all the mocks (for what that's worth heh). I'd need an avalanche of first and second round picks to look at <whatever QB they like>/MHJ/Nabers/Alt all sitting there and go "nah I'm good".

I guess the counterpoint would be that everyone is wrong about which players will be good or suck all the time. So just get as many picks as possible and hope a couple work. I just think this draft has a lot of guys you'd forever regret passing on in the top 10. Maybe the draft-industrial media complex has brainwormed me.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I would be very happy with Williams on the Pats, though I haven't heard any noise about it. Even if we only get 8 games of very good play from him, that's 8 more than we've gotten in a long time. Our last 1000 yard receiver was Edelman in loving 2019 :shepface:

You can pin some of that on QB play, but Garrett Wilson managed it with Zach Wilson + various jagoffs. Twice!!!

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 19, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Boston is an actual desert when it comes to NY staples: bagels, pizza, and breakfast sandwiches.

I got accustomed to readily available breakfast burritos and when I moved back to Boston for a while I was so mad that you simply cannot loving get them anywhere. Your best option is like literally McDonald’s. Dunkin rules the Boston breakfast landscape despite being the actual worst food chain in existence

I did find this random rear end shack that served coffee and Australian meat pies that was surprisingly delicious

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Was this in East Boston? I lived right next to KO Pies when I first moved to the area. Amazing place for a pie and beer. Sadly they sold and closed during the pandemic.

No it was right by North Station downtown, I used to work over there. http://www.trycuppacoffee.com/

East Boston is like the literal one area of the city I never lived in or knew anyone in so I pretty much have no idea what goes on over there besides the airport

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

We really need an AFC East team to do something to save us from BostonTalk

Look buddy the rest of us don't like hearing about whatever weird Jersey urban dictionary sex move a "pork roll with ketchup" is either but we let it slide for the offseason

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

seaport is weirder, Eastie has always been a first wave immigrant neighborhood. seaport was frank mccourts parking lots and a place to buy drugs 15 years ago (and the whiskey priest / ABG and also no name :rip:). now its like McKinsey offices and F1 arcades and high end hotels and poo poo

Yeah I remember when the first high end condo towers went in the seaport and various local sports stars moved into penthouse suites. I was like wtf isn’t this where Whitey Bulger dumps bodies to never be found

Chelsea gentrifying was also weird, when I was growing up it was basically known for murder and crack. Now my friend lives there in a bougie condo with his little French bulldogs and constantly posts pictures of himself at craft cocktail bars

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Parallax posted:

We had chase claypool on the field last year do you think he's a downgrade from that

Claypool's snap shares are pretty funny.

Chicago: 80% of offensive snaps
*trade*
Miami: 0-15% of offensive snaps

McDaniel took one look at the dude and was like "lol welcome to special teams dipshit"

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Phobeste posted:

he's gotta go to pittsburgh for his own good. only one man can save him now

After playing for the jets last year I’d think about jumping off a skyscraper too

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Vontae Davis retiring mid-game was a Jets tier laugh. And the Bills have suffered in being losers in completely unbelievable fashions these past several years that no one else can hold a candle to (Hail Murray, 13 seconds, JJ catch, Wide Right II, probably three or four more I forgot).

The Dolphins drafting the Ted Ginn family is in that category as well. Most of the noteworthy bad things I associate with the Dolphins are a bit darker, though—Richie Incognito, letting Tua play on a short week with a concussion, Pat White being demolished, etc.

The Patriots obviously mostly just spent the past two decades winning Super Bowls but the post-Brady years I guess have been Jets-esque. Hiring Matt Patricia as OC and the Mac Jones saga and such.

Hey now the Pats are by no means immune to clownshoes losses. Never forget the Jakobi Meyers lateral that may or may not have made Bill run him out of town. Or the Miracle in Miami.

E:

Nodoze posted:

I hope this is just posturing and he isn't for real

The optimistic reading is that he said “have a future” which could mean they aren’t dogshit but also aren’t on the short list to draft early in the first. At least that is my copium response

Lots of guys “have a future” as a Nathan Peterman career practice squadder!

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 25, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

How far back are we going cause it's pretty hard to top "lost 4 super bowls in a row to the NFC east" for ridiculous events

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

And it's kinda countered by how going to 4 consecutive SBs is ridiculously awesome despite the losses considering they're the only team to ever do it. Also, only 3 teams have even made 3 straight SBs and they're all AFC East teams coincidentally.

*extremely Kawalimus voice* If the Bills win a super bowl, it would actually be bad, because then they lose the record of being the only team to have all of their appearances come consecutively and all end in defeat. Which is really unique and special!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nosre posted:

https://twitter.com/alexkatson/status/1773062513938047469

Steve with the trademark family sense of humor

:thurman:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

I love the New York Jets.

Like I actually hate them and want them to lose all the time, but if the Bills ever move and I had to become a fan of a new team, I think I'd just become a Jets fan.

I am content to enjoy whatever the Jets are doing from a very safe distance. I can’t imagine being emotionally and financially invested in this franchise

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Twitter is saying this was about the Metlife turf lol

That seems like a totally valid thing to be mad about but also probably like number 20 on the list of things Saleh should be mad about

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anime Store Adventure posted:

If watching the XFL taught me anything it’s that without a hereditary fandom I will root for whatever team first builds a massive beer snake or equivalent alcohol centric idol.

I chose the Sea Dragons for very good deep seated personal reasons cause they had a cool name and were like the one team that wasn’t from the southeast.

I want to root for Michigan but why in gods name are they the Panthers? This dogshit XFL/USFL merger isn’t even trying

Put The Rock’s character from Ballers in charge instead of the actual Rock :colbert:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 28, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

pasaluki posted:

Sean McDermott goes alot of different directions in his analogies.

“It’s like wearing corduroys. Every couple years, it’s like, are corduroys in or are they not? And so actually, you should be wearing them when they’re not in, to really be ahead of the curve. Right?”

This is in response to the question of the Bills weapons at WR...

I mean compared to praising the 9/11 hijackers this is like nobel laureate poo poo

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah if they take a QB at 3 I can’t see him riding the bench much if at all. You don’t spend that kind of capital not to use it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Metapod posted:

I promise you no one who watched Spencer rattler thought the noise about him being a top pick was real. It was just these weird national draft people just saying poo poo for clicks and thats what it is most of the time when a qb goes from projected top pick to out of the first

Remember when everyone got whipped into a frenzy because some anonymous reddit post said Will Levis told his family he was moving to Carolina lmfao. Like to the point where it drastically moved betting lines

Professor Funk posted:

Phone, tablet, laptop, doesn't matter to me. I'll post whatever way I can. I'll never stop posting.

I will run through a brick wall for this man

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Supposedly Bill is working on a book, subject matter not revealed. I hope to god it’s a PhD level 1000 page tome on the history of football formations or something. But it’s probably going to be some cringe legacy book called No Days Off

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I would have gone Maye but I did not sign up to be the GM! :v: I think in real life they would run to the podium to take him, or possibly trade back if something like the 3 firsts from MIN scenario is on the table. With Maye and MHJ on the board you have SO MUCH leverage in that spot, it would be insane to me to not use it on either the QB or a huge trade. Or hell, everyone seems to think Arizona is mega horny for Marvin, can you bluff them into flipping spots? In our no trades allowed mock it makes more sense though

I'd rather add the QB now if they think he can really be the guy and figure out receiver later. Unless Maye evolves to be a god tier QB taking MHJ isn't going to look bad though, dude seems incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

tarbrush posted:

Which is exactly what the pats don't have

I’m sorry to inform you that the Belichick to Mayo transition will pick right back up in a Favre to Rodgers situation :smug:

Just with like, less mental illness and hallucinogens and dick pics and stuff hopefully