Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
As an Oregon Ducks person who really likes Bo Nix - lmao, lol, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Phobeste posted:

Aaron rodgers: it seems pretty tough to get thaaaat many people to those camps. Trust me they can’t even get ME to go

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

someone tell the krafts to spend some loving money

they spent the last two months blaming bill for all the problems and so far all they've done is resign players bill drafted or signed

not sure who's around that I think they ought to open the wallet for though, this free agent class is pretty underwhelming.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Nodoze posted:

Pats don't have a #1 or a #2 receiver right now

bourne is probably a 2 if you squint hard enough

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i feel like life is gonna imitate art on this one

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

you can get taylor ham from wegmans in new england now

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Honestly, not super hard to do, just a bit painstaking as most French desserts are.

edit: the thing that mainly goes wrong is that the eggs get a little bit cooked when combined with the heated cream because the cream is too hot. don't do this and you should be fine. use real ramekins and a water bath in a baking dish and you will be fine. you can broil the sugar on, it doesn't work as well but it's better than buying a kitchen torch.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Professor Funk posted:

"Eastie" is becoming a thing now, which is insane to me in concept because, as you said, that's where the loving airport is.

seaport is weirder, Eastie has always been a first wave immigrant neighborhood. seaport was frank mccourts parking lots and a place to buy drugs 15 years ago (and the whiskey priest / ABG and also no name :rip:). now its like McKinsey offices and F1 arcades and high end hotels and poo poo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Docjowles posted:

I mean compared to praising the 9/11 hijackers this is like nobel laureate poo poo

what would mohamed atta wear

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It's so, so much easier to find a good WR than to acquire a good QB on the open market. At this point in time the only really viable path to a Tier 1 QB who puts you in a position to win a superbowl is drafting the dude.

Let's go back ten years:

Brady (drafted 6:199) - Russ (drafted, 3:75)
Peyton (late career vet) - Cam (drafted, 1:1)
Brady - Ryan (drafted, 1:3)
Foles (lol) - Brady
Brady - Goff (drafted, 1:1)
Mahomes (drafted, 1:10) - Handsome Jimmy (actual trade of a decent QB for picks)
Brady (late career vet) - Mahomes
Stafford (high tier QB swap) - Burrow (drafted, 1:1)
Mahomes - Hurts (drafted, 2:53)
Mahomes - Purdy (drafted, 7:262)

Like last year for the right amount of money you could sign Deandre Hopkins. Teams don't let good QBs walk. You either have a good QB or you need to search the draft and you need to draft QBs until you get one. The only exception is if you have a superbowl-contending team otherwise and you can pick up a decent vet but that's happened two times in the last ten years.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

fsif posted:

Take the QB until you have the QB. I really don't buy into the idea that QBs get "ruined" outside of really extreme situations.

agreed. It's more about coaching and scheme when QBs get "ruined"

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

tarbrush posted:

Which is exactly what the pats don't have

there is no way that the pat's current coaching staff is worse than last years or two years ago

i hope

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

this is like the coaching staff equivalent of Best Shape of His Life

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Anderson Koopa posted:

I agree with you for what it is worth. I don't value the argument of "Next year's QB class is bad" because draft hype will push some people up boards and organizational dysfunction will lead to the release of QBs. I would rather have a sure fire WR who can be a safety valve for whoever is playing QB.

In the later rounds they can even draft another WR or an OT. The Patriots aren't a QB away from contention. I view QB as a luxury pick when you have an okay roster that needs a QB. I worry that if the Patriots pick the wrong QB it sets them back several years.

The Patriots aren't a QB away from contention, but you can assemble a roster through FA and the most common route to getting a QB is through the draft. Any team that doesn't have a QB needs to take shots at drafting a QB until they hit. That's just the reality of the NFL now. That doesn't mean draft guys you don't like, but they need to draft a QB if there's one available at 3 that they like.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

tarbrush posted:

I don't necessarily think the risk is drafting a bust, it's drafting someone like Mac/Daniel Jones or Pickett who clogs up your spot for years while you try to figure out if you can elevate them from A Guy to The Guy.

Sure, but that's just kind of the reality of being a NFL team?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

To be fair, how many quarterbacks can you be sure are the guy? Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen? The natural state of affairs is not being sure that you have The Guy.

Not sure what my point is, but I guess it's that not having a franchise QB is the natural state of affairs that all teams are constantly trying to overcome. Until you have The Guy you are either trying to get the perfect situation for a more limited QB, which means a very short window of contention, or you're trying to find The Guy.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Docjowles posted:

If you want to work yourself up even further, you can have the guy and it still doesn't matter at all. The Chargers had Herbie who pretty much everyone views as one of the very best QBs in the NFL on a rookie contract. They also had prime Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Austin Ekeler. Also multiple studs on defense. The best result in 4 years of this setup was a highly embarrassing wildcard exit. Having the Chiefs in your division is a bitch but you'd think they'd eventually accomplish something.

The obvious conclusion is that nothing matters :black101:

this is true and your conclusion is correct

but like, I'd rather be the Chargers right now than the Patriots. I'd rather be the chargers than pretty much any team without a good QB.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

He can't even manage his hair equipment well, how can he be trusted with football equipment

he minmaxed in to football equipment which is what you want

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

the idea that the wrong draft pick is going to ruin the pats is hilarious

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if the pats miss on a QB pick at 3rd they are gonna get plenty of additional shots at it in the near future

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if yall think that Mac ruined the pats you are deluding yourselves

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Anderson Koopa posted:

I picked Marvin Harrison Jr, T'Vondre Sweat, Jonathan Brooks, and Joe Milton with the first four picks as the Goon Draft GM. Does anyone else prefer that set of picks?

Setting aside the fact that I think the Pats need to pick a QB rather than MHJ in the first the rest of your draft is terrible. Injured RB in the 2nd round when they have plenty of RB talent. I like Sweat a lot as a player but the Pats do not need a DT. Joe Milton has incredible arm talent and is awful at football. You managed to draft zero o-line pieces and the Pats badly need a tackle.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Docjowles posted:

Agreed. Like they wanted to get picks back from NE lol?

probably just a bit of a fishing expedition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Play posted:

If that's the case, he seems to be very indecisive concerning 'where he wants'

plus "on time" to that location doesn't really enter in to it with Milton