Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...
I don't know if this works out, but I love a gm willing to admit mistakes and do a soft reset, instead of pretending this team is still just 13 seconds away.

My hope us avoid trading up (or worse going all in on Higgins) and grab Troy Franklin from Oregon in the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
If your a pats fan what's your draft plan this year to get into at least a wildcard next year?

Sucking rear end 3 straight years only works for mafia tailgating.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023

fsif posted:

I'll basically be happy if the Bills come away with a WR (even Ladd) and will be upset if they don't.

Big hope for a BTJ trade up and would mark out for a Watkins esque trade up for a top 3 guy. Mitchell is my favorite at 28.

I dislike BTJr above 28, but I'm happy with a WR at 28.

My ideal is trade down to early 2nd and still get McConkey, but add a 3rd round to fill safety/cb. Wiggins or JPJ at 28 would also be great.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023

fsif posted:

Okay give me Mitchell. Don't give me Dejean.

Trade down

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023

fsif posted:

Helping KC??

Mitchell is a trap. Give it to the enemy.

We best have gotten something decent for it though.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
Why couldn't we make it happen sooner to go up and get Barton :(

On the other hand, KC seemed to have paid us for no reason. gently caress kc.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023

fsif posted:

They did it for a loving 5th rounder come onnnn

1 spot. I love it. Dejean, JPJ, McConkey all still there. Soft rebuild, we generated good value. Even if we missed Barton.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
I'm wondering if, outside McConkdy being a target, Mitchell surprised them and they're buying time for more research.

I can live with the chances KC benefits from a 165lb wr with bad hands.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
The old man has been selling me on Keion hard.

We're in a soft rebuild, McDermott likes to make rookies wait a big, and Keion is a great return man - alongside the new kickoff rule.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
Kool aid, powers Johnson, penis Jr.

I'm also not wild about Keion, at this point I'm back to Franklin. Speed, YAC, poo poo hands can be worked on.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
The pops was right. The special teams impact is good, if he's not a diva it's great.

The extra draft value is enough to convince me, very glad it wasn't him at 28.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
I hate it. Trading down for this? Franklin was there.

I suppose it's good depth, the Duke line was legit but gently caress. Samuels/Shakir/Coleman it is.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023

Professor Funk posted:

Why does no one want Troy Franklin? Jets should consider double dipping at WR with one of their three 4s tomorrow. But I bet it’s DT, S, QB in some order.

His hands are complete and utter garbage. I'm real high on Franklin despite the hands - he and Bucky made Nix the YAC king. For Buffalo he spreads the field, runs gadget plays, and had time to work on hands.

I guess the Duke DT was a 3x captain, Kurgarra has a point about DaQuans health.

We do have a billion picks tomorrow, trading up. For Franklin is on the table still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
Took a few days to think about the draft...

Trading down to get more picks, a 4th next year, and covering core needs was great. Getting 4 team captains can only do good things for the locker room.

I'd rank it patriots/jets/bills/Miami for the draft. I think Maye was the only QB that might survive a season with that line.