Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1766844403522380055

nobody wanted anything to do with that prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Sunday Morning posted:

the '91 Raiders 51-3 playoffs.

That full game is up on YouTube and it's crazy to watch. It's like seeing a modern offense go up against a defense from the 70s. They had a 260lbs linebacker trying to cover James Lofton.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Very sad about van Ginkel, how much did he get?

2 years $20m to the vikings

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

can he catch? maybe he can play TE.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1770070180757995648

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The K in KJ stands for Kendrick.

Kendrick Bourne and Kendrick Osborn.

Pats are cornering the market. :smug:

You know, I'm something of a receiver myself.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

AFC East 2024: They can't ALL get hurt........ can they?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/JoeBucsFan/status/1771292454693609501

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

fsif posted:

Vontae Davis retiring mid-game was a Jets tier laugh. And the Bills have suffered in being losers in completely unbelievable fashions these past several years that no one else can hold a candle to (Hail Murray, 13 seconds, JJ catch, Wide Right II, probably three or four more I forgot).

The Dolphins drafting the Ted Ginn family is in that category as well. Most of the noteworthy bad things I associate with the Dolphins are a bit darker, though—Richie Incognito, letting Tua play on a short week with a concussion, Pat White being demolished, etc.

The Patriots obviously mostly just spent the past two decades winning Super Bowls but the post-Brady years I guess have been Jets-esque. Hiring Matt Patricia as OC and the Mac Jones saga and such.

Don't forget Flores being a tyrant.

But at least on the comical side we had the stupid co offensive coordinators, and Stephen Ross burning a first round pick to have a lunch date with Tom Brady.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

He's an upgrade over X for less than 1/3rd of the cost. Definitely the best FA move for the phins.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I had to read that @ like 5 times to make sure it was real lol.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Bills are completely failing Josh.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Hamhandler posted:

I don't think he's athletic enough for the offense. The crazier second level blocks a center can pull off in wide zone the better, they're basically always in a position to pull off a key block. I think if they're willing to sign Aaron Brewer they're pretty serious about it.

This sounds great and all but then I think what the hell is this 280lbs dude gonna do when he has to block the Vita Vea and Dexter Lawrence types.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Why did everyone get down on Maye? I remember him being the consensus #2 QB all season.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Waddle gonna be 'spensive...

I'm already mentally preparing myself to lose him. Absolutely love the guy but there's gonna be plenty of teams willing to pay him to be their #1.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I dunno if Gesicki is an entirely fair comp, but it's close enough and he was only ever really valuable as a red zone target.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

so if bowers slides to 21 should the dolphins take him?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Chop Robinson, hell yeah.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

he's like a 6'4'' 10 year old.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

yay o-line. apparently he only gave up 9 pressures last season.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

fwiw patrick paul scored the highest in a few of PFF's blocking metrics last year.

quote:

TRUE PASS SETS GRADE: PATRICK PAUL, HOUSTON: 89.9
The massive left tackle out of Houston secured incredible marks on true pass sets – PFF’s most stable and predictive pass-blocking metric – utilizing his incredible length to neutralize rushing threats. Paul surrendered just four pressures, none of which resulted in a knockdown, for a 98.6 pass-blocking efficiency rate.

PASS BLOCK GRADE ON FIVE AND SEVEN STEP DROPS: PATRICK PAUL, HOUSTON: 91.4
Paul worked on his footwork and initial step in 2023 and was met with much improvement, allowing him to excel on deep drops. The former Houston left tackle clocked over 350 pass sets on five- and seven-step drops, yet he allowed just eight pressures, only one of which resulted in a knockdown.

OVERALL LATE-DOWN GRADE: PATRICK PAUL, HOUSTON: 83.3
Third and fourth downs are undoubtedly crucial situations where protection breakdowns can effectively swing the momentum. None excelled more than Paul in these late-down scenarios, where he contributed an 89.9 PFF pass-blocking grade, allowing just a 3.4% pressure rate. Additionally, producing a 71.9 PFF run-blocking grade, surrendering a negative play on just 2.6% of his late-down snaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The Dolphins got 2 guys that will immediately contribute (Chop Robinson and Jaylen Wright), 2 guys that have a decent chance of contributing (Mo Kamara and Malik Washington) and a project with very high potential upside (Patrick Paul). I think a lot of negativity on the draft comes from everyone expecting them to take IOL, and that still could totally bite them in the rear end, but overall I think it was a good draft.