Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
As had been the case for over 100 years, the Speaker of the House has invited the President of the United States to deliver a speech to a joint session of Congress. Tonight, Joe Biden is expected to deliver remarks about:

-the economy (it’s better than you think!)
-democracy (it’s good!)
-abortion (it’s healthcare!)
-the US-Mexico border (it’s complicated!)
-the war in Ukraine (it’s bad!)
-the conflict in Israel (it’s bad, but for different reasons!)

The Republican rebuttal will be delivered in English by Sen. Katie Britt (R-AL) and in Spanish by Rep. Monica de la Cruz (R-TX), and there will probably be a rebuttal to that be the Working Families Party delivered by a notable leftist.

As this is a phone-post, YouTube embeds are kind of a pain to do, so I will update this OP when I get a good link. You can always watch the SOTU on all the major networks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

God bless all of you in this thread tonight, toiling directly within the spin machine, mining the hot air to make the ultimate decision of whether a Biden bon mot was proof that he is still competent or a grossly rehearsed pre-fab line that proves his senility

o7

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

biden is the best president since abraham lincoln but some leftists cant see that. they cant see that he's a sun rising over a horizon of possibility. sad.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

skeleton warrior posted:

God bless all of you in this thread tonight, toiling directly within the spin machine, mining the hot air to make the ultimate decision of whether a Biden bon mot was proof that he is still competent or a grossly rehearsed pre-fab line that proves his senility

o7

no need to thank me, citizen, just doing my duty

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Olga Gurlukovich posted:

biden is the best president since abraham lincoln but some leftists cant see that. they cant see that he's a sun rising over a horizon of possibility. sad.

my lbj comparisons have been feeling a bit too on the nose lately tbh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't believe Mysticism Joe is going to advocate for Pottery in Israel

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
What does MTG's shirt say? I see "say her name" but I missed the probably infuriating punchline.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

LegionAreI posted:

What does MTG's shirt say? I see "say her name" but I missed the probably infuriating punchline.

I think that's about Tara Reade.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

what's the link to the good discord for live shitposting?

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
Very excited to not watch America’s last SOTU and maybe read about it here later.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

why is the SOTU so late in the day? I'm barely able to stay awake until 940, you know Biden's gonna be sundowning like a motherfucker

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

As this is a phone-post, YouTube embeds are kind of a pain to do, so I will update this OP when I get a good link. You can always watch the SOTU on all the major networks.
Got ya covered, Jack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u42TQs4Pf2c

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

I swear I just saw George Santos. Did someone invite him?

Edit: nm, they just explained that since he’s not yet convicted he still gets to show up, somehow.

Electric Sugar fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 8, 2024

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Electric Sugar posted:

He seems like the type to invite himself to things like this in an attempt to stay relevant

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Electric Sugar posted:

He is allowed to come by himself due to being a former congressman.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Electric Sugar posted:

Edit: nm, they just explained that since he’s not yet convicted he still gets to show up, somehow.

Apparently any former member has floor privileges to attend. Since he's not convicted yet they can't bar him because technically he's a former member.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Everyone looks so.....loving old.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MTG looks like a carnival barker with the way she's decked out in red MAGA gear.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Sure wish they wouldn't give an attention whore more attention but there it is.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
lord grant me one tenth the confidence of the people who grab the shoulder of the President of the United States while he's in a crowd, facing away from them

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

marsisol posted:

Everyone looks so.....loving old.

This House is a marginal improvement over the last one, median age is 57.9 years old, down from 2021-22’s 58.9.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

:lol: at Johnson not standing up for funding Ukraine

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Joe is FEISTY tonight.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mike Johnson keeps looking like he's barely holding in a dry heave.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Whatever they have Joe hopped up on tonight is working. I mean I'm sure he's going to say something dumb but so far not terrible.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what speech you guys are watching because he's mangling a word every minute or so and looks really, really old. The energy is there but the speech is lagging behind a lot.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
The ideas are expressed clearly, and they're good ideas, so

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

Did he just call out the Supreme Court in the SOTU?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

tecnocrat posted:

Did he just call out the Supreme Court in the SOTU?

He did, obliquely.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
drat, furrow that brow any tighter and his face may snap

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Did a Republican shout "you lie"?

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

Yeah, a few times.

The Republicans are making a concerted effort to not applaud anything, even stuff that they should really like.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Is it typical for the speaker of the house to sit in the background looking like a douchey Sesame Street reject?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That bit landed much better

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Thom12255 posted:

Did a Republican shout "you lie"?

When president Biden said his prediseaser failed the American people with his COVID response, and stated that the big difference between him and Trump is that Trump doesn't care about the American people.

Yeah, some repubs took limpdicked issue

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Joe's got jokes.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

JosefStalinator posted:

I don't know what speech you guys are watching because he's mangling a word every minute or so and looks really, really old. The energy is there but the speech is lagging behind a lot.

The one everyone else is.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That joke bit was the best of the night so far, kinda stumbled and mumbled off again after but that'll be a good highlight for them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Is it typical for the speaker of the house to sit in the background looking like a douchey Sesame Street reject?

The opposition party Speaker basically always has to play “I hate you and everything you say” politics but Johnson definitely has a particular “I don’t want to go to church, Mom!” energy.

His name is Johnson, right? I’m only 50/50 on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Lol Johnson can't even clap for "We should buy American and help American businesses.". Maybe he would have cheered if Biden supported Russian businesses.