Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Mischievous Mink posted:

It rings hollow when he keeps a transphobic vp imo.

? Details please, I've never heard anything about Harris being transphobic

Still not sure how the US military is building a pier without actually being there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Two-state solution :w00t:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wrap it up, Joe, your speech is getting stumbled.

PITT
Sep 21, 2004
MISTER
Piers are in the ocean, which is in fact water.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

STAC Goat posted:

I’m very curious who the dude with the cane is.

Preston Brooks

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

FistEnergy posted:

Wait how will there be no US boots on the ground? I don't see how that would work.

It’s a floating RO-RO pier. The trucks drive down the stern ramp onto the pier then onto the land. Pickup the drivers at the load port.

But yes it’s very very “technically true” statement.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Exodor posted:

Still not sure how the US military is building a pier without actually being there.

JLOTS

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Exodor posted:

She denied gender affirming surgery for inmates while she was attorney general in CA.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Exodor posted:

By gawd is that Erik Prince's music??

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Kro-Bar posted:

I assumed it was a GOP rep trying to make a "you lie!" moment stick.

It's odd to think how well that stuck during the Obama administration. Now they're so rowdy that yelling something like that is too mild to notice.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mischievous Mink posted:

She denied gender affirming surgery for inmates while she was attorney general in CA.

no, she just didn't order her office not to defend the department of corrections about it

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
It (the inaudible interruption from the gallery) was someone advocating for they Palestinian people. So long as it was in good faith, more power to them.

E: banner drop woulda been a more effective direct action, but ain't nobody smuggling a banner into that chamber.

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 8, 2024

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
"God bless America."
Republicans remain sitting.

As a vet, that's all I need to know. Not a perfect speech, but a pretty good one.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

JosefStalinator posted:

By gawd is that Erik Prince's music??

Nah it’s MSC’s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aB3Nzktyww

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Not bad Joe. Not perfect but you said a lot of good stuff. Also he might be old but he didn't look incoherent.

Let him have some water though goddamn.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Biden said a lot of things I liked, some things I didn’t like, but most importantly he showed signs of not only being cognizant but sharp.

He’s got a good chance at re-election.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

LegionAreI posted:

Let him have some water though goddamn.

I feel like none of these people (And I mean American politicians in general) are ever gonna drink water on camera ever again

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
I got tired of listening before he got tired of talking.

I think that's a win for him?

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
This woman (GOP response) is more obnoxious than a couch full of fleas

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it’s reasonable to say that the most meaningful takeaway from this will simply be Biden spending two hours being not the senile, sundowning, “can’t string two sentences together” caricature that so many keep insisting he is.

They all set the bar nice and low and Biden easily covered it. They barely even have many stutters or mumbled word clips to play.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
...and I turned it off.

What a vile Nazi. That woman is not worth affording my time.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Holy poo poo this woman. What in the gently caress is this tone she's going for?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I feel like we all need to pause for a moment to reflect on the reality that somewhere out there a child named Bridgeway Britt must go to school

…also ironically Britt’s breathy dramatic voice while staring straight into the camera and graphically describing a gang rape is coming across as way less authentic and way more creepy than Biden for some reason

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

LegionAreI posted:

Holy poo poo this woman. What in the gently caress is this tone she's going for?

Disappointed kindergarten teacher

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Can you genocide a political party?
Because that's what I just watched happen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This lady is real bad at this. It’s like watching a school theater audition.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
I never get the point of these stories. Is the great solution to undocumented women being raped and sex trafficked at the border to make them die in barbed wire and blades in the middle of the river?

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

This lady is real bad at this. It’s like watching a school theater audition.

She better hurry up. I think they need the kitchen to film the Big Bang Theory reunion.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I never get the point of these stories. Is the great solution to undocumented women being raped and sex trafficked at the border to make them die in barbed wire and blades in the middle of the river?

I was very confused by that. Either the woman was a migrant refuge in which case you’re advocating for helping and showing compassion for them or the woman was a US citizen who was kidnapped by the Cartels in which case that’s crimes having nothing to do with immigration.

But you know. Just keep pretending to cry. That will sell it.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

This is some super dramatic high school acting class poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The dogshit acting aside the content of this is incoherent.

Oh wait, she’s talking about Tik Tok. I’m sure that will get it on the rails.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
This is loving unbelievable. Is she going to cry?

"Are you better off than you were 3 years ago?" YES YOU DUMB rear end in a top hat Do you even hear yourself?!

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

She's a United States Senator? I thought this level of unhinged bullshit was usually restrained to the House.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

tecnocrat posted:

She's a United States Senator? I thought this level of unhinged bullshit was usually restrained to the House.

She's from Alabama, so she's on a curve.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wow. That got real unhinged.

Yet another successful GOP rising star created from the SotU response.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Wow. That got real unhinged.

Yet another successful GOP rising star created from the SotU response.

Make Bobby Jindal Great Again

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

LegionAreI posted:

This is loving unbelievable. Is she going to cry?

"Are you better off than you were 3 years ago?" YES YOU DUMB rear end in a top hat Do you even hear yourself?!

I like she went with "better off than 3 years ago" because the 4 years ago line from Stefanik earlier was hilariously bad timing. Ironically, I was actually way more unemployed in 2021 than in 2020.

The pro-family party here just had a Texas Republican judge decide that the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act specifically does not apply to Texas state government employees - which means both my wife and me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I’m being pitched a MLM.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Not a single reference, even obliquely or by euphemism, to Trump in that response I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Not a single reference, even obliquely or by euphemism, to Trump in that response I think?

He's radioactive :shrug: