Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Comstar posted:

Sorry for the paywall

And this

AFAIK Vandstone is still on RadioNational Monday afternoons doing CounterPoint.

Luckily that show's been canned. Lasted way longer than it deserved, who the gently caress could stomach an hour of listening to someone like Vandstone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

hooman posted:

In loving horrible news, inquest into NSW cops killing a kid after stopping him for wearing a hoodie on a 23 degree day continues.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-17/nsw-police-shot-western-sydney-man-bradley-balzan-inquest/103592578

Don't read this if you're already feeling a bit poo poo, because it's deeply loving sad.

Did I read right? Plain clothes police jump out of car and grab kid by the arm because he was acting "suspicious" (no further explanation needed) and shockingly he legs it back to the safety of his home. I mean "safety" jfc.

We need a police version of the Joe Hildebrand banner (you know the one).

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-27/coalition-wont-support-immigration-legislation/103638462

ABC News posted:

Home Affairs Minister, Clare O'Neil said it was "bleedingly obvious" why the laws needed to pass but provided little detail.

It's "Common Sense!" ...and that's the end of the discussion. Conservative parties trying to masquerade as progressive can just :fuckoff:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

spaceblancmange posted:

we need to get more kids playing the computer from a young age

Every kid gets a Commodore 64.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The only good Australian podcast is imo 'weird crap in Australia' and even then a lot of those episodes suck poo poo but it's the closest thing to an Australian paranormal podcast so I'll take it and also it taught me everything I know about the dismissal which I barely knew anything about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In6wmUYqEgw

:australia:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Recoome posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-08/tertiary-education-union-federation-university-redundancy-plans/103680816

This will be the first of many. Basically all unis are operating in an unsustainable mode - turns out years of corporatisation and lack of support from all sides of politics has ramifications.

Man they've hosed this country. Do they expect SportsBet to finance tertiary education and research.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

YES! I goddamn love a self-own!!

Bruce and every disgraceful sack of dogshit in the media that jumped to defend you and smear Brittany, can absolutely go gently caress themselves!!! (they'll still have a job because that brand of media is no better than a sewer outlet).

Also Mods name change please: Auspol 2024: Coming back for the hat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Also, good luck to Linda Reynolds defamation suit against Brittany Higgins. Suing a victim of rape, that was in your office, and that you called a lying cow. Trifecta of self-owns please.

whoops, new page. Just to remind everyone where we're at:

Justice Michael Lee posted:

Mr Lehrmann raped Ms Higgins.

SecretOfSteel fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 15, 2024

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

hooman posted:

I wonder if at any loving point Bettina Ardnt might reflect on this series of events and wonder if she may in fact be wrong.

Probs no, because she's a loving piece of poo poo.

Oh boy is she ever.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-18/woolworths-admits-underpaying-staff-could-face-hefty-fine/103738850

Woolworths not content with gouging during a cost-of-living crisis they have to turn to wage theft too. Should have jailed that CEO for contempt when they had the chance.

:australia:

Edit: Also, lets stop calling wage-theft "underpaying". If someone walked out of a shop with stolen goods it wouldn't be considered as "underpaying" so gently caress these thieving businesses.

SecretOfSteel fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 18, 2024

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Surely no one would be so loving stupid as to get a tattoo of that fucker.

Eediot Jedi posted:

...tattoo belongs to former WA cop

:hmmyes:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Dutton would never be cool enough to get a tattoo

I bet you could talk him into a John Howard tattoo.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Could it have something to do with leadership? Maybe things like having a PM that required their wife to explain that rape is a bad thing?

Nah, gotta be Judas Priest and their hidden tracks.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Would it be possible for the Government to step in and explicitly set and control rent (through whatever formula), but just have some way of ensuring that people can afford a house and both live and save for the future. It can't go on without becoming a wrecking ball through hopes for any long term social stability. Even from the ultra-precious economic standpoint its loving poo poo up.

loving landlords/real estate agents won't be happy until they wring every drop of blood out.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Great, now watch the LNP and Murdoch press poo poo themselves about Labor being soft in protecting Aussies on ANZAC week in a definitely not xenophobic way at all.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Got to get Charlie to the level of Tay...

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-29/albanese-plays-down-claim-lied-women-rally-invitation-to-speak/103778800

Good job Albo and great timing.

Got up at the the rally against gender violence and told the crowd he wasn't invited to speak, organisers of the rally got pissed because they say was invited, Albo dismisses it as "comments on an emotional day".

There goes women being emotional again and not being able to remember what really happened! At a rally against gender violence (male violence that is).

loving. Idiot.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

All that Super just lying around that would be better for Australia in a cashed-up boomers pocket.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Up until two years ago, we had stuff at work running on a 486.

Kids, if you don't know that that is, ask your grandparents.

e: lol, they were still being made up till 2007.

My older brothers friend had a 486 dx4-100 that ran the Seventh Guest and Doom 2 so smoothly and I was so very, very envious.

:corsair:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

the other day a coworker said to me, "they're giving all that money to the welfare people, they should be spending it on fixing homelessness!"

Gazing into my crystal ball and I see this will eventually segue into "tax-cuts will fix homelessness" and some slogan like "those that have a go will get a go, those that are aloof will get no roof".

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

...We can all agree that we shouldn't be shaming people on the way they look, but even so just lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The libs would put a Trump statue on an altar right next to their John Howard one given half a chance.