Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Underground yacht tunnels to Uluru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Clive Palmer unveils Titanic II design, promises 'authentic Titanic experience'

I'd believe it.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

Dutton disparaging CSIRO.

Lol, loving coles. loving SDA, scab rear end loving union.

Keep junior rates two years after they turn 18?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

Woolies is no better, it all comes from the award, same pay for same work should be a bedrock of industrial relations law and instead it's gently caress you if you're under 20.

But they are giving them so much valuable exploitation experience! That's worth a discount surely.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Free! Live? Event with ex PM John Howard!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Electric Wrigglies posted:

I noted when the LNP said they support nuclear, that the ABC done a hit job on nuclear power. Saying that it is the most expensive by CSIRO studies (which used the economics of a cancelled prototype SMR reactor in the US for the costs (with the economics they used to cancel it as opposed to plants built in South Korea, UAE, etc), that the there is not a lot of support for nuclear, that some guy said renewables were the cheapest way to get power (up to certain amount assuming un-invented technology will cover the gap in dispatchable power). That's there not enough time to build out a complete nuclear industry in Australia by 2030 (despite there being no question that Australia will have more gas in 2030).

Basically, the ABC demonstrated its ideological opposition to nuclear. Yet when the discussion of why Nuclear has suffered under such resistance that has pushed up its costs, the O&G industry conspiracy is invoked as to why it had to be shuttered in Germany, can't get ahead in Australia, etc.

Dutton is a wanker and seemed to faf the most egregarious parts of that CSIRO report. It is obvious it was put together by someone that is idelogically opposed to nuclear. Him being completely all at sea for the most simple of questions is expected and just shows the depth of talent in the LNP.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-07/peter-dutton-david-littleproud-coalition-nuclear-reactors/102574782

quote:

The opposition leader said nuclear reactors called small modular reactors (SMRs) could easily be placed on the sites of coal-fired power plants, like the recently-decommissioned Liddell power station in New South Wales.

Real loving mystery why the ABC is using the SMR data here.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

Yep, pretty much. Unbadged cops jump a kid who's been mugged before, grab him without legally being able to do so, he legs it and then they shoot him in his own backyard because "he grabbed an officer's gun".

Maybe loving cops shouldn't have guns if they can't keep hold of them. Absolutely loving sickening.

Note this happened in 2020 and the investigation is only finalising now in 2024. I wonder if those same loving pigs have been harassing kids for no reason the whole time since.

Didn't even tell him they were loving cops. God drat.

Oh and one of the cops was supposed to be wearing body cam, but wasn't for some reason. If only their perfectly reasonable behavior could've been exonerated almost instantly with video evidence! What a shame!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

slorb posted:

The ABC also published a follow up https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-18/how-proactive-policing-quotas-sent-nsw-police-searches-soaring/103579210

With a lot of statistics that show that as you'd expect the "proactive policing" strategy boils down to making cops hit quotas for hassling people and the quotas are set a lot higher in poor neighbourhoods and indigenous people get stopped way too often and the majority of stops are probably illegal.

Also they started reducing the quotas in 2021, which might have something to do with the backyard murder.

The story is top notch police work. Plain clothes stopped two people, one of them holding a black bag. The officers search the bag, find a knife, the person who was holding the bag even says "it's mine chief" when they find it. Police charge the other person with possessing a weapon. It's recorded on the police body cam yet the wrong person still went to jail for six months.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Wish Labor would stop trying to involve us in their humiliation kink.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

JBP posted:

I think the electorate might be a bit racist

I prefer the term progressive.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Synthbuttrange posted:

Lmao eat poo poo labor. Killed in senate.

Coalition passes it in the house to kill it in the senate with the cross bench.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Just commit war crimes like a normal person if you want that channel 7 cash.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

imnotinsane posted:

Bloody hell, this guy was spending an average of almost $1300 a visit to get a root. No wonder he's depressed, what a loser.

Eight separate charges on the same day. Probably getting around a transaction limit or reporting limit.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

DRINK ME posted:

It’s funny they googled-translated into Thai how to say “please refund my company credit card and I’ll pay you in cash + $250”.

welp the masseuse story broke on the 21st of march lmao by Samantha Maiden. I don't remember seeing it posted here or seeing it on ABC at all.
https://www.news.com.au/national/se...a7702a995d?amp=

This is a good summary of what's in the documents.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...ac8a21d0d67b453

Seven are obviously claiming the allegations are false and haven't been tested. The person testifies Thursday arvo. Basically they are calling bullshit that Bruce never provided documents to Seven and that Bruce was never paid for his interview beyond reasonable travel/accommodation.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

Dare I ask?

Hooman with their big dick privilege can't recognise a small penis joke :rolleyes:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

“BABYSITTER”

Mr Auerbach said that on one of Mr Lehrmann’s trips down to Sydney, he was assigned to be his “babysitter”.

He said that Channel Seven put Mr Lehrmann up at the Meriton to “unwind”.

“I had been appointed to be his babysitter, minder, looking after him, building up a rapport trying to build trust and some sort of relationship with a prospective interview subject,” Mr Auerbach said.

He said that while at dinner Mr Lehrmann purchased drugs and later ordered prostitutes.

”Mr Lehrman had over dinner purchased a bag of cocaine while we were dining at Franca and when we got upstairs to the room he pulled that out and started to put it on a plate and then started talking to me about a prospective Spotlight story and his desire to order prostitutes to the Meriton that night,” Mr Auerbach said.

“And he began googling a series of websites to try and make that happen.

“And during that conversation he agreed to be in a Spotlight interview as long as we didn’t ask him about what happened on the night in Canberra.”

Mr Auerbach said he was “taken aback” and tried to convince Mr Lehrmann to discuss the night of the alleged incident for the interview.

“It jumped out at me as quite concerning so I put it to him that we would have to ask him hard questions about the night in Canberra,” Mr Auerbach said.

“Given that was the whole purpose of the spotlight investigation and continued to chat with him”

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

in a shock twist Auerbach also a piece of poo poo

Auerbach is now being cross-examined by Lehrmann’s barrister about sending naked photographs of a “vulnerable” woman to journalists.

He admitted to sending the photos, disagreed that the women was vulnerable, and said he did not know it was a criminal act to send photographs of that nature without her consent.

Richardson: “Now did your employers at Sky become aware that this had happened, that is, that you had sent these photographs of this woman to various media organisations?”

Auerbach said Sky News told him they were terminating him for “trust and confidence issues”.

The photo was taken about five years ago. He sent it in Feb this year. Auerbach says he doesn't know if Sky knew about it. He said he was verbally asked if he was the person in the reports about Bruce's masseuses before he was fired, and mentioned something about "photos doing the rounds" himself, but he claims he was referring to different photos (not mentioned what). I reckon that translates to he sent dic picks to someone and was worried they'd got him fired.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Recoome posted:

Big shock that a big piece of poo poo worked for 7 and Sky.

i'm on tenterhooks. he resigned the day after the credit charges in a teary letter, but he also reckons he was offered a promotion and pay rise the week after the incident. Bruce's lawyer said he's coming back to this and I can't wait.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

birdstrike posted:

I think he’s copping to sending photos of Steve Jackson (the former boss he hates). Fairfax ran a story recently that there were photos doing the rounds of Jackson sitting next to a naked woman at a party (the reporting was that this was just strange rather than anything untoward going on).

lmao. "Oh I wasn't talking about the topless woman photo, I was talking about the photo with the topless woman and my old boss"

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hambeet posted:

*nods*

A lot of field research.

Time spent hanging with lobster dinner paying off

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The Peccadillo posted:

I got really mad while listening to a Free To a Good Home episode with Matt Christman on, and he asked what the big Ned Kelly movies were. Ben and what's his face didn't know The Ballad Of the Kelly Gang. First movie! Big deal!

such is life

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

Scott Morrison has travelled to New Zealand to urge them to build nuclear power plants in order to align with a future Dutton government the ABC reports

unique tourism opportunity if they power a giant glowing eye of sauron

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Don't mess with statisticians. They're mean people.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

*tips hat* m'lehrmann

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Shocking Bruce Lehrmann ‘real victim survivor’ tattoo belongs to former WA cop

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Heil Howard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

what's the worst that could happen if he loses?