Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Comstar posted:

What the hell was all that about? I gave up trying to work it out.

Why yes I'm also sleep deprived. Is that why I didn't understand any of it?

someone wrote a purportedly serious article about van badham without asking about her infamous online sockpuppet accounts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The Artificial Kid posted:

In many ways, no. But it's a cool zone, where evading the imminent peril of fascism can mean veering into the sunlit uplands of social democracy and benign hegemony.

:coolzone:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Semi-seriously, I've never really understood when they say things like "This Event brought millions of dollars into the economy". Like, no, you just moved money from from one person's account to another. Now one person has a bit more, and one person has a bit less. On a "town" level, sure, but on a national level, the total amount of money in the economy remains the same. Is is it just because the transaction is taxed? Anyway, THIS is how you get actually more money in the economy.

That seems like a bizarrely mercantilist view of macroeconomics.

you may want to skim these:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_of_money

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marginal_propensity_to_consume

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
AGLC supremacy

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hambeet posted:

look at pat pull out the boomer whistle right there. that's unfair. they can't resist johnny.

you’re still writing him on your ballots

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eediot Jedi posted:

Wish Labor would stop trying to involve us in their humiliation kink.

no pantsu! why kinkshame?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Nobody will want to talk about climate change all that much.

Unless the fires return.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Non Compos Mentis posted:

some form of electric footpath

magtube?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
you’re all like 40 or 50 years old, let it go

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hambeet posted:

if i rode 120,000km and were still in sydney, i'd be upset too!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eediot Jedi posted:

The photo was taken about five years ago. He sent it in Feb this year. Auerbach says he doesn't know if Sky knew about it. He said he was verbally asked if he was the person in the reports about Bruce's masseuses before he was fired, and mentioned something about "photos doing the rounds" himself, but he claims he was referring to different photos (not mentioned what). I reckon that translates to he sent dic picks to someone and was worried they'd got him fired.

I think he’s copping to sending photos of Steve Jackson (the former boss he hates). Fairfax ran a story recently that there were photos doing the rounds of Jackson sitting next to a naked woman at a party (the reporting was that this was just strange rather than anything untoward going on).

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hambeet posted:

Bunch of squares itt

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Konomex posted:

As a person who teaches this stuff. Yeah, that's it exactly. If I tried to explain probability and electrons existing as standing harmonic wave then my students heads would melt.

gonna use some random greek letters and other squiggles to do that? yeah, sure okay mate

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I watched Osman Faruqi talk about festivals today and I feel unclean.

get him to talk about restaurants

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

username / subject combo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Doctor Spaceman posted:

smh no love for conez and doh

broke: boonta soporific hour

woke: conez and doh

bespoke: my boyfriend is a podcast :smuggo:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
sooner queensland is erased the better

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Captain Theron posted:

A humiliating back down for Ten and Wilkinson.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

WHO THE gently caress IS FUNDING HIM?

cia / asio

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Redezga posted:

Seems a bit weird to be incredulous about a dwarf giving hammer lessons when using a hammer is like one of the top 3 thing associated with dwarves.

looks like more of a halfling

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

gay picnic defence posted:

Remember we had that little blip in the house prices around 2018 in the wake of lending standards being tightened after the royal commission?

It was everyone thinking BILLL would win in 2019 and change the cgt discount / negative gearing and when Morrison won prices went back up

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

the myth of the apolitical nazi general provides cover for those who "are just in it for the aesthetics"

can we get him an invite to the Blaskowitz reunion?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Breetai posted:

Some absolute mental vacuum at work suggested exploring putting our Big Data databases on blockchain.

Our largest landing db is 270 Terabytes.

is that good?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
just go outside

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://youtu.be/Qf_ZgPmT2WI?si=4F37p68R0carWvWj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Konomex posted:

When I was a kid you were encouraged to carry a knife around. It's weird that they don't want you doing that now.