Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My thing was "people who hate our country", which I don't think was ever an accusation or even insinuation about the "yes" voters. Or what would happen if we did get an Indigenous Voice.

It reeked, (to me) of him wanting to say "uppity" and then eventually just saying it.

But yeah, it does sound like American culture war style Right Wing talking point nonsense. That he never told us who "they" were or why/how they hated "his" country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Make the m/billionaires buy bicycles.
Then make the paths toll paths.

Bingo bango, I have raised enough revenue to solve all of societies problems.

I am a genius.

Time to scribble over a map and ignore all suggestions made about my genius plan.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Eediot Jedi posted:

Clive Palmer unveils Titanic II design, promises 'authentic Titanic experience'

I'd believe it.

Is Clive Palmer's Nephew still galivanting around Eastern Europe on money owed to the workers in his Nickel Mine?

Has fat Clive paid Twisted Sister the money he owes them yet?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Megabound posted:

I mean Dada was started as an artistic movement opposed to the war, the reasoning behind it was "well, if we don't get peace you don't get beauty" but I doubt XR put that much thought behind it. It got headlines tho, which would be their primary goal.

I always viewed Dada as "silliness and pointlessness for silliness and pointlessness sake" as an art movement.

But it's cool that it was an anti-war thing.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Anidav posted:

Labor is going to win the next election because people are mostly okay with voting for what Albanese is. A status quo government.

You need to factor in to this :people are naturally repulsed by voting for Peter Dutton

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for February:

So Anti-Semitism is right next to Jewish Transport.
Coincidence? Or did "they" have something to do with it?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

On Lehman:

Has there been any updates about the Townsville rapes he was accused of?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The only good Australian podcast is imo 'weird crap in Australia' and even then a lot of those episodes suck poo poo but it's the closest thing to an Australian paranormal podcast so I'll take it and also it taught me everything I know about the dismissal which I barely knew anything about

It's most likely not for everyone in this thread, but the bloke from Aunty Donna has a footy podcast which is great. As I no longer live in Australia, I use it to scratch my "footy" itch, as AFL is a niche regional sport that once you cross the Barassi line may as well not exist in the minds and pop culture of anyone you meet, but is supremely important to those that follow it. With cricket, I can at least try to find an Englishman or an Indian to discuss whether Bumrah is as good a bowler as Pat Cummins, or why Stokes is a good/awful captain. I try to have the same discussion about Max Gawn, or laugh at how badly Collingwood are doing this year, I get blank stares.

I was very very happy when I found a bar here in Sapporo that actually showed the Grand Final. I ended up watching it alone, with a bloke from Sydney, and spent the time teasing his 12 year old daughter by pointing out whenever eventual Norm Smith medallist Bobby Hill was on screen by interrupting her iPad time to exclaim "There he is! There's Bobby!" to her increasing annoyance.

But yeah. Aussie podcasts eh?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

EoinCannon posted:

I listen to boonta vista, it's a chill, sometimes funny, easy listen

I have listened to Ben Jenkins and Michael Hing's podcast Free to a Good Home, but it's not very good

Micheal Hing is spectacularly unentertaining for me. I can't explain it, he just shits me no end.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I would like, if I may, to add my voice to that of the Australian civil legal establishment in saying a giant sloppy gently caress YOU to the rapist Bruce Lehnman, who was not defamed.

Get to gently caress you rapist!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

launching a defamation action to have a judge go on record calling me a rapist

Dont forget, he has 2? Oongoing pending trials for rape.

Motherfucker deserves naught but scorn and derision.

For he is a rapist. Legally speaking.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

webmeister posted:

lol yes, the life-or-death situation of kicking an unarmed man off a cliff and ordering a subordinate to shoot him

Yes, buthave you considered the men he did this to were foreign?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-26/scott-morrison-anxiety-medication-while-prime-minister/103771560

Boohoo.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Crypto is bad and silly.
The people who massively get into crypto and defend it are worse and sillier.

Just use normal money ya dinguses.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Breetai posted:

Saw a headline scroll past in the lift this morning that expressed concern that the anti dv movement was at risk of alienating men.

Fucks sake.

Stop watching Sky News.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

evilbastard posted:

https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome

How else do we know Peter Costello wants us to think ?

Because I am a stupid dumbarse, I always get Peter and Tim Costello mixed up.

I have to think "which brother is good, and which is a oval office?" And it usually takes me longer than it should to figure out who is who.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Bruce "the rapist" Lehman has been found liable, and now has to pay Channel 10s legal costs for his bullshit ill advised "Im not a rapist" court case.

Good. gently caress him. Hes a rapist.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I just read an article titled "Was Gandhi a racist" On the ABC

The National broadcater truly tackling the important, pressing, and relevant issues of yhe day.

Thank you Ida

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Here is a very stupid, and very obsolete question abou regional Australian politics:

Back in the bad old dayswhen "dictator dan" was on TV every day prominently wearing his North Face jacket.

Did the North Face company see an uptick/downtick in sales because of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

JBP posted:

Dutton's gonna win

Dont say things like this.
Dont even think them.

They might come true.