Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol I was going to post this, but then the thread was locked. So I went and got some tacos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Was screaming llama the asmr dude?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

As soon as I saw this, I knew he was close to the edge:

"Don't even care!" [edits post to make sure it's absolutely clear how little he cares]

lol yeah

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Like bikes and cars.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bucky supporting click bait methods. You hate to see it.

‘One man designed a cycling super highway, but you won’t believe what happened next!!!’

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

mad keen to learn the next buckyism

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Fanfic is getting weird these days.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

he literally needs a mod to change his name to this. asap

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Konomex posted:

and spread police all over

okay so NSWpol will clean up then.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bucky Fullminster posted:

That's a fantastic explanation and now it makes quite a lot more sense, cheers.

We can, nay must, do both.

It's already built! They dock literal aircraft carriers there at the moment.

I'm afraid I have bad news about Potts Point.

i think the expectations of a marina for billionaire super yacht owners is a bit more nuanced than just 'can it dock an aircraft carrier'

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well in honour of the new thread here’s a few on the shortlist for ya:

Garden Island

Literally some of the most prime real estate in the world, so kick the navy out and create an arts & culture precinct and super-yacht mooring facility.

Waste

State takes the whole thing over. No more relying on business and councils to work out a cost-positive way of doing it right. Build a big gently caress-off MRF/ recycling / organics processing facility at Eastern Creek (between the drag way and the M7). Capture all commercial and residential food waste. And a giant warehouse for council collection stuff that gets sorted into grades of usefulness and salvagability.

Eliminate disposable packaging at dine-in fast food.

X sports centre

Competition-grade skate park, big air, etc. Just next to the Wanderers football park seems like a good location.

Leppington Cargo

Already discussed, but bears repeating - move the freight depot south a few miles and extend the train line a few hundred meters and we can take a shitload of trucks off the road.

(move big red circle to little red circle)

Sydney Games

Kind of like a modern corroboree. Centennial park is a massively underused resource, so for one weekend a year, have a massive tournament. Most of the major sports. Split the city up into 32 regions to make the table easy, have primary / secondary / open divisions. And while we're at it, an Australian Games at Homebush as well.

Somewhat related, one major difference I noticed between Sydney and Melbourne, is sport. Most sports fields in Sydney are empty. Seriously. But the few nights I've spent riding around Melbourne, they're packed, with people playing relatively high grades.

Schools

Lunch provided. I am so loving sick of all the kids' nutrition relying on millions of parents having to do it individually.
Kitchen Garden in every campus, competition for best produce
More partnerships with retirement homes
Make Science Fairs more of a Thing

Aquatic Recreation

Harbour baths. Few of these things scattered around the bays would be alright:

And for those not by the harbour, an olympic-sized natural public pool at Prospect. But you can only get there by active transport. And speaking of prospect, whack in a zipline from the lookout down towards the filtration plant.

And a communal outdoor fireplace in each suburb.

anyway, your harbour baths and school lunch gruel pots sound more interesting.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the state that keeps finding asbestos in playgrounds

'hey, we should also do school lunches!'

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

blue sky mining playground supplies

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

homosexual steamroller sounds pretty gay

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

look at pat pull out the boomer whistle right there. that's unfair. they can't resist johnny.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Konomex posted:

If we don't let them block roads in protest, they're going to start bombing poo poo.

good

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

why are zooper doopers so loving difficult to open?

Wait, people open them? I’ve never seen anyone use anything other than scissors or a knife.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m trying to cut back on macro-plastics.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i dont think labor would have the numbers even if they weren't big babies about the whole thing.

one of the independents they would need is their former leader that they kicked out of the party for sexual harassment.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah, but that's more a result of labor being just as eager to play in the gutter, than being unfairly maligned or whatever.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

I think the electorate might be a bit racist

Oh yeah that’s a given. Totally a positive reinforcement thing going on with racist policies.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Good news for anyone who thought the disinformation article was too long to read and suggested an audio version, it’s now in podcast form. This episode skips the ancient history stuff and gets right into who started pizzagate etc.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-dirt-unit/id1701913743?i=1000649956511

So I dont get to hear about the little kingdom of Bavaria that could?

hambeet fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 26, 2024

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

stop nswpol racketeering

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bucky host a festival

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah there’s at least been at least half a dozen in Melb and across Vic already this year.

edit: just googled and found more

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bucky!!! go to the bike festival and hand out copies of your manifesto path proposal!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Please dont enourage that, we got enough problems with half assed badly thought out bike infra as it is.

the cyclists will either dig it or not. democracy! they can vote with their feet! wheels! whatever!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Nam Taf posted:

Legit considering getting the mug made as a gently caress you to the ABS for not letting me have that mug for reals

I would legit buy that mug for work

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

if i rode 120,000km and were still in sydney, i'd be upset too!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

no busy work to take home but probably a bucket load of vicarious trauma.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

another ausgoon does it and says it's really rewarding work, it's very supportive, lots of training to cope with stuff and they front load training with listening to recordings of real confronting calls so you can nope out pretty early.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bunch of squares itt

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Back in my day, maybe. But these days, you kids are getting ripped off.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Double your minimum to be anywhere near to close.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

Thank you, learned colleague.

*nods*

A lot of field research.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The man that has yet to face any real consequences is probably not thinking about consequences

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i like the part where multiple people tell bucky that perception is wrong, and he just flat out ignores them.

classic bucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

Wtf is Federation university lol

Ballarat uni. It had a name change like ten years ago or something?

I think they do a lot of nursing and teaching?