Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

It didn't seem very empirical - just some guys on tiktok posting about a BBL that be stinkin and then the response https://www.theroot.com/men-on-tiktok-complain-bbls-do-be-stinkin-but-women-1851303225

I am going to die mad about the fact that "Some piece of poo poo on the internet said a thing" is newsworthy now, and is slowly taking over all of journalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I've more or less off alcohol by substituting with kava.

If you do them together it double whammies your liver and I'm dumb, but not that dumb.

Takes the edge off and where/what I work doesn't easily allow the devil's lettuce.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

I am going to die mad about the fact that "Some piece of poo poo on the internet said a thing" is newsworthy now, and is slowly taking over all of journalism.

I don't know if any the sources that picked up the scoop that BBLs be stinkin could be considered "news"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

counterfeitsaint posted:

Its literally someone screaming "EXTRA! EXTRA! BIG BUTTS SMELL!"

which is hilarious. Dont be mad.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Buying a giant, rock hard rear end you can't wipe is like buying a manual car when you can't drive stick.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
im a mere handful of decades away from most likely inevitable dementia and while i do not plan on raw dogging life until then im gonna make a good college try at mainly indulging in the ones that dont make that happen way faster

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

back in my day all the Bs was stinkin, and we liked them that way

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Smugworth posted:

AzzEverywhere News - Do Gen Xers Prefer Stank rear end? Many Say Yes

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Today I saw a clickbait post on FB that "BBLs be stinkin" so I had to look up what a BBL is (acronym for Brazilian butt lift) and why they be stinkin. It's a hygiene issue. Women aren't prepared to take care of their new gigantic asses. Another instance of learning something new and feeling dumber despite it.

How will this affect eating rear end?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Smugworth posted:

Which B do you mean becuase one makes you A RACIST

the_nothing
Jan 14, 2024

counterfeitsaint posted:

the fact that anyone gives poo poo like this any attention at all is mind boggling. how loving ridiculous.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I'm just kinda surprised how dull I find all the stuff kids be doing. The music isn't unlistenable, just kinda meh, not that good, but it's subjective. The slang is sorta of just hyperactive nonsense, which makes sense because it comes from children and young adults.

Skibidi toilet is literally the same thing that happened on ytmnd only with better production values.

But drat they got a bad habit of choosing and making the most atrocious formats and games popuar. Tik toks interface is garbage, and, of course, everyone has to copy it, and roblox looks like poo poo from a butt that committed sins.

It's also a little weird that Gen z is kinda prude. You don't need to censor the word sex and drugs. But then again, maybe it's an algorithm work around?

Also, hot cocoa on the couch is right, broccoli hair dumb. The frosted tips of the 2020s.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I also don't understand how the Sun doesn't get lost at night when it's so dark, but it finds its way back to its house every morning.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

What is there possibly to pirate on Linux

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Using Linux to pirate more Linux! I'd steal games and software too, but only open source ones.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

:thunk:

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Vitamin Me posted:

Wordperfect

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lotus123

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

everything that autodesk makes

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

autodesk canceled eagle rip sweet prince.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Vitamin Me posted:

I got my name in yospos name change thread. It still is far less embarrassing than the name I signed up with.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
I have a registered copy of Xevil.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
emojis because they're incredibly soulless and generic and remind me of those toolbar emoticon packs that would be on banner ads in the 2000s. I think SA spoiled me with its crunchy quality emotes that all have backstories behind them.

i find the youth annoying but they're gayer and seemingly also more progressive and they're also dumb idiots but in a different way that i was a dumb idiot so they're alright in my book.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Style is a funny thing. The way my dad dressed to work from the 80s to early 2000s has phased in and out of popular fashion. He did construction. I remember when wearing long socks with shorts was considered goofy, shorts above the knees would get you made fun of, and he even popped his collar to keep the sun off his neck before bros in early 2000s did it.

I wonder if codpieces will ever come back into style.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Style is a funny thing. The way my dad dressed to work from the 80s to early 2000s has phased in and out of popular fashion. He did construction. I remember when wearing long socks with shorts was considered goofy, shorts above the knees would get you made fun of, and he even popped his collar to keep the sun off his neck before bros in early 2000s did it.

I wonder if codpieces will ever come back into style.

Your Dad sounds pretty gay

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Most of the gay men in my extremely gay neighborhood wear short pocket-less khaki shorts with leather sandals or brown leather loafers and black socks pulled up to the knees.

Wtf is this, lol

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Also, how is saying "latin-x" or "latin-a" easier or more accurate than saying "latin?" I understand the mechanic of de-gendering "Latin," from "latina"or "Latino," but I do no understand how "latin-x" or "latin-a" is better in any capacity than simply dropping any gendered suffix from the word. I'll take my answer off-air, thanks.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
My niece just told me "zesty" means "gay" now.
When did this happen. Why did none of you tell me.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Zesty caliente, no cap!

Edit: on god

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Das Boo posted:

Ram Ranch and Zesty Ranch are now one in the same.

But what of Hidden Valley?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Zesty caliente, no cap!

Edit: on god

let’s freaking go frfr!!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

sugar free jazz posted:

let’s freaking go frfr!!

bet

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Buy her an account

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Had a Gen Z colleague from NYC who was proud of her cousin that enlisted and posted:

"Cant believe my cousin is a dead rear end marine"

Had people asking her if she was alright all day and she had no idea that people thought her relative was KIA.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Most of the gay men in my extremely gay neighborhood wear short pocket-less khaki shorts with leather sandals or brown leather loafers and black socks pulled up to the knees.

Wtf is this, lol

A lot of college guys around here where pink shorts and bowties. The school colors are red. I think it's a southern frat bro thing? But I swear they're wearing pink, not red. Maybe they're fading in the wash. But I never remember it being cool to wear bowties.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

are they wearing propeller hats and wooden clogs too lmao

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Some people posted about not being able to find new music. I had a big problem with this and I had just resigned myself to being the old guy who listens to the same poo poo for the rest of their life before I discovered Every Noise at Once.

https://everynoise.com/

It's a website where all music is categorized into thousands of different genres. Each genre has an algorithmically generated Spotify playlist that gives you a big old serving of music of that genre. You can search bands and musicians you like and see in which genre their work falls.

I found a ton of music I love by doing the following:
1. Looking up a band I like, seeing what genre of music they play
2. Pulling up the computer generated playlist for that genre
3. Putting the playlist on shuffle play

Also just browsing genres, looking at maps and seeing which artists have similar sounds to those I like, and other futzing around with that website. It's a hell of a resource and it changed my life, no lie.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
I don’t like the new game that the Gen Zers are playing where they make a big wooden hoop roll down the street by whacking it with a stick. Also their little “knickerbocker” pants are ugly. And their slang? Wtf is a “23 skidoo”, come on now.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Linux Pirate posted:

It's also a little weird that Gen z is kinda prude.

Yeah lighten up Gen Z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

This thread is filled with grody old people. Grody to the max.