Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Worf posted:

thank goodness im young enough to not be confused by the poo poo old people are i guess

this. mid 30s is not old enough to pretend to be an old person. come on goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

if youre like 50 or something you get a pass

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the worst is when my generation or older gatekeeps the younger generations slang. i'm gonna say cringe and sus cause theyre funny. its not my fault our generation stopped coining fun vernacular. fr

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

*someone who inexplicably still watches snl*

boobs are freaking BACK baby!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

redshirt posted:

Just go to this website I've never heard of or something

lol cmon bro

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

cumpantry posted:

Reg date Nov 10 2022

hmmm

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mogging vs Mewing, or How to Excel in the LooksMaxxing Community

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the youth, their fashion, slang, and culture, are actually very easy to understand with even the slightest bit of empathy and introspection

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

actually heres something i dont understand about Kids These Days. wtf is up with that loving broccoli hair cut

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

cumpantry posted:

it's bussing

its fun and funny to combine slang in this manner. i knopw what they mean and how to use them properly contexually but i'd rather just say "it's giving.... bussin"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I’m starting to get old enough to want to wear a watch for fashion purposes. I’m a gay old man and I love it.

and definitely don't post about it in the watch thread. they'll probate you for posting pictures of watches there

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

worf is too old to understand letting go when arguing on the internet

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

:D

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

punctuality is also highly cultural. for example, african and carribean cultures tend to place significantly less emphasis on being clock-bound and punctual. some cultures place a high value on punctuality, some go as far as to see it as odd to be "on time" or inflexibly precise wrt time.

in any case, it isn't a young/old thing at all

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

(Shows up to movie date an hour late) “I have never taken a handout!”

lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i dunno if it's cause i'm "too old" to understand it but i've never understood the appeal of "wearables". that is, wearable tech/electronics. seems in the same family of novelties as IoT type stuff. although, i already have a predisposition to preferring analog and mechanical, even though i'm not that old

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

redshirt posted:

Wearables till they are internables and god help us all then. Though it's already happening, so...

cant wait for the ads that push the internables as enhancing you cybernetically into an android or w/e and then theyre actually like modern cars like a tesla that have constant bugs and just refuse to allow certain functions to work lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

numbers say the wearable market just keeps getting bigger and is likely to keep trending that way. goons ain’t got no insight whatsoever into the lives of normal and popular people

been hearing big things about the Apple Vision Pro

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I was wearing a regular watch most days until a couple weeks ago when I realized I don't need to know what time it is anymore really

thinking to lose all grasp of time entirely

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AcidCat posted:

Well at least you got there eventually. I came to this realization like 15 years ago.

Anyway the wearables I see are these fitbit watch things the boomer ladies at work all love. All about counting those steps you see, which is a trend I thought would die a couple years ago but it's apparently still going strong with this demographic.

counting your steps is good. it's the easiest way to raise your non-exercise activity thermogenesis, which is a not-insignificant component of your total daily energy expenditure. if you're trying to lose fat, getting 10k steps and curbing your energy intake makes a big difference

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AcidCat posted:

Oh god you're one of .... them!

:twisted:

join us!!!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i dont track my steps tho cause i already get hella activity

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i dont think punctuality/timeliness is something you can be too old to understand. again, it's largely cultural. you can continue your slapfight in pms or maybe start a "concept of time" meGATHREAD

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

shut the gently caress up about being on time!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

3 hours between these, you're late

*atpping the "Final Warning" sign*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

:thanks: