Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I don't know what hitting the griddy is or 90% of zoomer slang. I'm also incredibly lazy and don't put in the effort to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Worf posted:

yea its kinda embarrassing ngl, considering this is (presumably?) coming from the generation of people that acronymized entire sentences as shorthand lmao

if youre like 32 and struggle to communicate with a 25 year old this is probably on u

I did admit I was lazy, but also nobody told me what a griddy is yet.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Worf posted:

its a dance

hitting the griddy would be doing the dance

So like flossing.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

Actually, I think the Egyptians invented emojis.

Wait a second, I know this one. ඞ

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Aramis posted:

Honesty, despite being solidly middle-aged (40+), it's still the olds that befuddle me the most. If anything, it's getting worse.

Accurate. The older I get the less I understand what the hell went wrong for some old people to be the way they are lol. At least I understand that there will always be new slang and styles and games, but I don't understand being a crotchety rear end in a top hat.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Wendigee posted:

My friend has three gen a kids and he says he can't explain their slang you have to Google it lol

That's so fetch.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm only punctual to a flight or something like that. If you think I'm showing up to a get together or work on time for minimum wage then lol.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

"goo goo ga gah"

Sorry kid, I don't speak baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

sugar free jazz posted:

let’s freaking go frfr!!