Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Worf posted:

Yeah youve never had a job and I suspect your self employment income comes from the government/ your mom

Respecting other people's time when you know that regardless of your own outlook,they're going to be bound to a schedule isn't a vice

It's being part of society / not a narcissist / sociopath

I couldn't convince you of this, ofc, because you're a self described hermit

FKB is right. Timeliness is a fetish and one day we'll realise imposing it on others without consent is just as unacceptable as turning up late.

I'm self employed, and an employer. None of our employees have hard start times, we trust them to get the work done and deal with client jobs in a reasonable time.

Gonna be late because you need to drop your kid or hit the DMV when it's not busy? Cool. Make it up later and don't take the piss.

We've been running 3 years, still turning profit, paying mortgages with full health cover. Even picked up an investor.

Anyway I gotta go, gonna head into the office for like, maybe eightish today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

frumpykvetchbot posted:

again with the making people wait for you strawman.

Yeah this.

Mostly though I try to do business with people who aren't uptight assholes. I'm meeting my accountant tomorrow to talk about some stuff "after 4" if I get there at 4:30 my accountant will have just been catching up on other poo poo. Might grab a drink after.

There's an important difference between "X needs to be done by [datetime]" and "you need to be at your desk by 9 doing X because I say so".

In conclusion

frumpykvetchbot posted:

all right Gordon Gecko you're very cool I like your watch

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Oldstench posted:

I've been struggling with sobriety for years now and think it might be time to give an alternative the chance it needs.

Also regarding being on time. I'm always late, but that's because I'm a lazy selfish rear end in a top hat, not because I'm trying to undo years of culturally imposed timeliness.

It's not for everyone but Medical weed for my arthritis stopped my need for alcohol entirely. I only drink for occasional fun or usually taste these days and bars are so much better with soft alternatives now I usually don't even need to.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Oldstench posted:

Sorry, you misunderstood. I've been sober for years and am struggling with that. I'm looking to get back into intoxicants. Riding this poo poo out bareback ain't working for me.

Oh lol fair enough I definitely recommend vaping the devil's lettuce. No smoke, no hangover just fun times and it makes your knees work again. Or hell just find some gummies that work good for you.