Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Getting one?
I don't wipe
Bidets are unAMERICAN
I just use the garden hose
I'm getting one
Goku
View Results

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Vegetable posted:

And also the seat would wriggle from side to side regardless of how securely I installed it. Apparently this is a common problem with no fix, even for the more expensive models.

I’m going to assume this is easily fixed with a lock washer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

All anyone needs:

I have Tushy’s version of this and while it doesn’t really compare to a real bidet it’s absolutely better than nothing and great for hotel stays.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

credburn posted:

I shower after every bowel movement and knowing there are people walking around who have no bidet and don't shower after bowel movements makes me want to not be a part of society at all.

Do you not poop at work?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Do you not poop at work?

The last job I worked was a 7-Eleven that was open 24 hours a day and had no locking mechanism. There was no bathroom breaks until you were ten hours into your shift and finally had another employee to look after things for you.

edit: but anyway, the single bathroom we had was usually occupied by a homeless person who needed somewhere to be to be sick / not freeze to death. It wasn't really used for normal bathroom functions.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

credburn posted:

I shower after every bowel movement and knowing there are people walking around who have no bidet and don't shower after bowel movements makes me want to not be a part of society at all.

Whenever someone says this I stop a moment to ponder how gnarly their shits must be. One of life's mysteries, along with how anyone spends long enough on the turlet to read a book or play handheld videogames.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

R.L. Stine posted:

as soon as this thread was posted an alarm went off on 3o's touchscreen flower vase

Lol

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The Moon Monster posted:

Whenever someone says this I stop a moment to ponder how gnarly their shits must be. One of life's mysteries, along with how anyone spends long enough on the turlet to read a book or play handheld videogames.

Don't need a gnarly poo poo it still cuts your wiping down to one wipe :shrug:
As for sitting on the turlet to read a book or play a game, it's only my business why I like doing it on the turlet.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Don't need a gnarly poo poo it still cuts your wiping down to one wipe :shrug:
As for sitting on the turlet to read a book or play a game, it's only my business why I like doing it on the turlet.

I guess one wipe + shower seems like more work than two wipes to me.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i use a garden hose, the ol' fashioned bidet

i don't want to use a fancy smart bidet that gives all my rear end information to the government

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I use nature's bidet, the ocean.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i use a garden hose, the ol' fashioned bidet

i don't want to use a fancy smart bidet that gives all my rear end information to the government

This post has been flagged by the rear end police. If you didn't have anything to hide then why wouldn't you give your rear end information to the government?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol “if any poo residue remains after defecation then it is your inferior poo poo that is to blame!”

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

redshirt posted:

I use nature's bidet, the ocean.

Love to swim in public pools where the poo poo detritus clinging to the rear end hair of hundreds melts into the water and caresses my face while I do the backstroke

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

combine a smart bidet with a big dick toilet :thunk:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

The Moon Monster posted:

I guess one wipe + shower seems like more work than two wipes to me.

gross dude, you're gross

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

All anyone needs:

“Hey, what’s that in your backpack?”

“Oh, it’s nothing. Just my BUTT BUDDY :yosbutt:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

“… oh, ‘cuz I took a drink from it earlier thinking it was one of those boxing-style squirt water bottles.”

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You Are A Werewolf posted:

“… oh, ‘cuz I took a drink from it earlier thinking it was one of those boxing-style squirt water bottles.”

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I remember one time when I was real little, my dog walked into the river and took a poo poo, and I was so mad. I felt he had ruined the entire river for everybody.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

credburn posted:

I remember one time when I was real little, my dog walked into the river and took a poo poo, and I was so mad. I felt he had ruined the entire river for everybody.

Smart dog

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m shocked at the amount of particles my $30 bidet attachment removes, that would have all been wiped previously

like why are buttholes so badly designed and gross in the first place

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Alright so it's come to my attention that there are some pretty fancy bidets. And for 650 dollars I can't afford NOT to be sitting on one of these.
Introducing the SB-3000, I can only imagine the SB stands for sprays butts. Some of the features are pretty weird though.

These seem pretty good, a heated seat you can't go wrong with and heated water is a no brainer.

But then it gets a bit off track, is the deodorizer spraying your smelly b hole?

Is the skin sensor to keep your dog from using it? What if you're too hairy for it to register as skin?

Also is this implying it comes with a luxury ball wash mode?

At least this one seems pretty handy, simply place the child into the bidet and run them for a cycle or two before drying.

Really it seems like this purchase is a no brainer.

dont you dare denigrate the bidet

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

If the seat gets red hot like that when heating it could be dangerous.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

like buttholes are a bad design but I do love em.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Buce posted:

dont you dare denigrate the bidet

I'm not, bidets are awesome as stated regularly

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

I'm not, bidets are awesome as stated regularly

good, good. we can still be friends

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Love to swim in public pools where the poo poo detritus clinging to the rear end hair of hundreds melts into the water and caresses my face while I do the backstroke

you have been coated in other peoples poo poo particulates ur whole life and it has done you no harm, embrace the poo poo patina, the shatina

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Three Olives posted:

On the subject of Smart Bathrooms, does anyone have one of these systems?

In the next couple of years I am going to redo our shower and I am dying to put one in.

Worth it. I've been bicycling instead of driving for almost a decade and decided to treat myself to a lifestyle upgrade for the money I'd saved. It cost a lot to install and I customized the hell out of it, deleted the bullshit cloud app poo poo that it came with and rewired all the controls into a cloud-free raspberry pi controlled touch screen, but every shower experience is now magical. The temperature is always right. The compressor boosted water pressure through oscillating nozzles? So good it should not be legal. I especially love the ultrasonic misters and the overhead soft rainfall array creating a convincing simulation of being caught in a warm tropical monsoon jungle deluge.

Only do it if you reliably have "soft" water without hard minerals like calcium that will clog up all the nozzles and kill the ludicrous thing after a few years.

It's addictive though. I never again want to live in a house without such a system. I'm planning a move to semi-retire in Ireland and had almost signed a deal for a house in Galway when I found out it was in one of the "hard water" parts of the country. So I backed out of that and instead I'm now looking at a property near Killarney which is on the other side of a geological boundary line with soft well water. (And I can't wait to tell my friends I live on Dingle peninsula)

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

my bidet is among the most sophisticated technologies in my hoouse

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sometimes I think it'd be really cool to have one of those TOTO washlets, but then I look at the prices and go :whitewater:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

A few 20cm lengths of braided tubing, a t-connection, and a $30 universal bidet and my brown-eye is sparkling clean.

No more embarassing accidents at in the locker room OR the boardroom.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

itry posted:

Sometimes I think it'd be really cool to have one of those TOTO washlets, but then I look at the prices and go :whitewater:

you should buy one -- probably the most sound investment of your life

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
my rear end hungers

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Buce posted:

you should buy one -- probably the most sound investment of your life

I'm definitely warming up to the idea.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Seeing a lot of butthole talk in this thread but no ladies chiming in on the front clean feature

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Management posted:

Seeing a lot of butthole talk in this thread but no ladies chiming in on the front clean feature

My wife says the angle isn’t never right and doesn’t use it.

She also says the same thing about my dilz! WOW! *tugs collar, adjusts tie*

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I have a smaller bidet in the front of the bowl I use to get all the piss off my dick when I'm done peeing. Spraying the front and back bidets at the same time is close to godliness.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

My wife says the angle isn’t never right and doesn’t use it.

She also says the same thing about my dilz! WOW! *tugs collar, adjusts tie*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

TOTO - How It Works posted:

Front Cleanse

The front wash consists of large, soft drops for comfortable intimate cleansing- for a clean, fresh feeling.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

*tugs collar, adjusts tie*