Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Everyone hates telemarketers, so why do people think coming to your door to try and sell something is okay? Lmao get the gently caress out of here if I want to hire a company to wash my windows I'll loving Google someone and contact them no I don't want your card now my dogs are all pissed off and barking because you rang the doorbell rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Because it works on old people

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

GODAMMIT NOONER

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

99% of the country is dumber than poo poo. they're dumber than poo poo, nooner.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Seems mean for real

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

They gotta eat too op

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

If I wanted to read a thread I'd make one not read one that came to me.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

Everyone hates telemarketers, so why do people think coming to your door to try and sell something is okay? Lmao get the gently caress out of here if I want to hire a company to wash my windows I'll loving Google someone and contact them no I don't want your card now my dogs are all pissed off and barking because you rang the doorbell rear end in a top hat

where do you live where telemarketer come to your door?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

just let me inside so I can show you how well this vacuum works man I got these dirty carpet samples I mean you gotta see how amazing this vacuum is

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chief McHeath posted:

just let me inside so I can show you how well this vacuum works man I got these dirty carpet samples I mean you gotta see how amazing this vacuum is

The Hoover company has just let you go

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-cXK0OaeB0

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Chief McHeath posted:

I don’t have any carpets but I very dirty wiener we can test it on.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I don’t have any carpets but I very dirty wiener we can test it on.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

consider if you will that more people have outed themselves as suckers in the past few years since probably the red scare. many of them old. many of them lonely. a golden age for the unscrupulous and persistent the likes of which hasn’t been seen since the days of patent medicine

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Sure whatever, let’s get weird.

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
Sir I don’t have ducks and if I did I wouldn’t let you clean them.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
depending on where you live in the US you may be able to legally shoot them OP

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Frozen Steaks for saaaaaale!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pitdragon posted:

depending on where you live in the US you may be able to legally shoot them OP

that doesn't really nower things down

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Chief McHeath posted:

I have a success story from Kirby door to door sales:

My parents went out of town for a week, and my brother and I hosted a huge blowout party. The house was thrashed - holes in the sheetrock, spilled beer everywhere, mud tracked throughout the house. A teenager came by around 6pm on a Sunday, the night before our parents were return, and started into his pitch. I said something like "I dunno if even a Kirby could get this mess cleaned up". I let him in and his eyes got wide (probably at the smell) I was honest and told him that there was no way I was spending 1000+ on a vacuum cleaner, but we'd give him 20 bucks to try. After looking around a bit, he said "yeah I think it can do this". Dude sprung into action and cleaned everything there was an attachment for - cleaned the carpets, cleaned the furniture, even got the kitchen tile looking good. He didn't have any of the actual bags, so he used up all the little sample filters. My brother and I were genuinely shocked at well how it worked. I think we ended up giving him 60 (:ssh: and some beer we had leftover :ssh:) because we didnt have to rent a carpet cleaner, and his mind was blown.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Vampire Panties posted:

I have a success story from Kirby door to door sales:

My parents went out of town for a week, and my brother and I hosted a huge blowout party. The house was thrashed - holes in the sheetrock, spilled beer everywhere, mud tracked throughout the house. A teenager came by around 6pm on a Sunday, the night before our parents were return, and started into his pitch. I said something like "I dunno if even a Kirby could get this mess cleaned up". I let him in and his eyes got wide (probably at the smell) I was honest and told him that there was no way I was spending 1000+ on a vacuum cleaner, but we'd give him 20 bucks to try. After looking around a bit, he said "yeah I think it can do this". Dude sprung into action and cleaned everything there was an attachment for - cleaned the carpets, cleaned the furniture, even got the kitchen tile looking good. He didn't have any of the actual bags, so he used up all the little sample filters. My brother and I were genuinely shocked at well how it worked. I think we ended up giving him 60 (:ssh: and some beer we had leftover :ssh:) because we didnt have to rent a carpet cleaner, and his mind was blown.

neat you should sell your story as a template for other vacuum companies to post in astroturfed reddit comments

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The only time I did door to door sales I was in elementary school and it was donations to some heart health organization. All I wanted was this purple and green jump rope and all I needed was five effin dollars so the first old people's house that answered I really put the pressure on em that is was a five dollar minimum, got my five, and went the frick home.

It looked kinda like this and as a husky kid I probably used it twice.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Remember when you were in school and they were like "Sell these candy bars" for some dumb bullshit and you had to try as a kid to track all these orders for candy bars.

What the gently caress was that.

They weren't even really good candy bars. They came with a white label and you sold them for some bullshit like 2 dollars a bar or some poo poo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hollismason posted:

Remember when you were in school and they were like "Sell these candy bars" for some dumb bullshit and you had to try as a kid to track all these orders for candy bars.

They weren't even really good candy bars. They came with a white label and you sold them for some bullshit like 2 dollars a bar or some poo poo.
This is apparently still a thing in some places

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hollismason posted:

They are still a thing. You can even buy a box of some random brand of candy bars on Amazon. 60 bars for $45! And you can sell them all for $1 each or something! Big profits for child labor force!

There's also a 20 bar version with the box saying $3 / piece. Too lazy to see the actual difference between the 2 options.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Smugworth posted:

The only time I did door to door sales I was in elementary school and it was donations to some heart health organization. All I wanted was this purple and green jump rope and all I needed was five effin dollars so the first old people's house that answered I really put the pressure on em that is was a five dollar minimum, got my five, and went the frick home.

It looked kinda like this and as a pug kid I probably used it twice.

one and done, nice

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They are still a thing. You can even buy a box of some random brand of candy bars on Amazon. 60 bars for $45! And you can sell them all for $1 each or something! Big profits for child labor force!

There's also a 20 bar version with the box saying $3 / piece. Too lazy to see the actual difference between the 2 options.

I somehow doubt their claim of "world's finest"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yeah this is those bullshit bars we sold. Little different packaging now but basically same poo poo.

Just loving garbage time.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

dreezy posted:

one and done, nice

:raise:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
but they are the worlds finest chocolates

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
The hot new scam in my area was to offer a free smart thermostat door to door by alluding to being from the government green energy program (but not actually).

Then they put a secret lien on your property for the "cost" of the equipment for like $25k.

So when grandpa kicks the bucket and you go to sell the house you have to pay off the lien first before anyone will buy the place.

Never answer the door. Never. Nothing good will come of it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

dev286 posted:

The hot new scam in my area was to offer a free smart thermostat door to door by alluding to being from the government green energy program (but not actually).

Then they put a secret lien on your property for the "cost" of the equipment for like $25k.

So when grandpa kicks the bucket and you go to sell the house you have to pay off the lien first before anyone will buy the place.

Never answer the door. Never. Nothing good will come of it.

If you answer the door, you better have a gun or a dick in your hand. Neither one needs to be yours if that's not clear.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was abstractly very interested in Boy Scouts, and getting merit badges.

So I signed up for Weablos, and all we did, seemingly, was sell candy or popcorn or crap. Absolutely hated it.

Quit after the derby race (poo poo car, dad!)

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Nooner posted:

Because they're mostly desperate for money and are making less than they'd make at McDonalds in the Deep South, but haven't done the math to figure that out yet?

That's how I got roped in for a couple months.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Sure, but how else are you supposed to by a vacuum?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

this is why i keep a cauldron of boiling hot oil roiling at all times in my keep

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

sell them stuff instead

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
loving hell. I work from home and it's unreal.

Chef's Plate is the worst. Twice a month sometimes in the summer.

There's a group of 20 somethings that go door to door collecting for "Sobriety House" but they are usually high themselves and get really grouchy when you tell them to go away.
Rogers and Bell "reps" trying to sell me fiber for $50 when I know drat well they'll just raise the price in 6 months and say this deal was never valid. My wife loves when they say, "can you ask your husband if he would like to talk about an internet plan?"

Last summer guy down the street got his driveway resealed and the workers all showed up in personal vehicles and no uniforms. I knew what was coming next. I figure about twice a day the foreman would tell one of the workers to go knock on nearby doors and see if anyone else wanted their driveway done. I think these guys were used to getting doors slammed in their face because they would ring my doorbell, count to 10 and then walk away. So I come all the way downstairs to answer the door, only to see him turn and go down the side walk. This happened three more times over two days.

On the 3rd day, my doorbell rings again at 6:15pm. I am furious. I open the door and it's the foreman asking if I wanted my driveway done and he made a slight joke about his guys knocking on my door so much. Knowing the answer already, I asked him if he had a packet with rates or a business card. He said No and I just shut the door.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Just shoot 'em this is america after all so that's what I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

NOONER :argh: