Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

There was some dorky mid-20s guy doing a really stern faced warbly voiced acoustic set where it was clear he was trying to be bon iver and not pulling it off

When I left he hit the chorus line of the song he was playing

Expialidocious Youre the one I love the most-est

It was really funny and I laughed pretty good and my friend looked at me and said did that rear end in a top hat really just go Mary poppins on us?

I woke up this morning and it was still funny

Thats all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Skeezy bars with bad musical acts ftmfw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im sober, op

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

music is important

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lobster shirt posted:

music is important

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

im sober, op

Im happy for you but also

DaysBefore posted:

Skeezy bars with bad musical acts ftmfw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the dive bar next to me has a $7 "happy meal" which is a pint and a shot. i don't care for the name but i do care for Savings

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

the dive bar next to me has a $7 "happy meal" which is a pint and a shot. i don't care for the name but i do care for Savings

Thats a decent price but remember like four years ago when that would have been absurd to spend more than $5 on after a $1 tip?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

austin before 2012 or so was pretty wild. i used to get $.50 pints of ziegenbock, or $1 margs with a $1 floater. the standard price for an old fashioned at a medium-tier bar is like $18 now, more than a whole bottle of evan williams

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

thats called a citywide and its $4

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

<:mad:>

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

austin before 2012 or so was pretty wild. i used to get $.50 pints of ziegenbock, or $1 margs with a $1 floater. the standard price for an old fashioned at a medium-tier bar is like $18 now, more than a whole bottle of evan williams

Yeah theres a dive here in Portland I like where a shot of buffalo and a domestic back goes for loving $8.75 now. Used to be $4 not even a decade ago

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

At least it's still Weird

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

A bottle of domestic beer is $6.50 at my favourite bar. These are tragic days

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

in the early 2010s my friend and i went to a bar that somehow was able to offer a kamikaze shot and a beer for a dollar. he got so drunk that after the bar closed we tried to walk over to a restaurant that exclusively serves drunk people coming in after the bars close and they wouldn't let him in lol. fun night.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

At least it's still Weird

it's sxsw rn and i want to die

030924_2
Mar 9, 2024

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

030924_2
Mar 9, 2024
the lighting at this bar be like;

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

doesnt get better than this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

We got winners
We got losers
Chain-smokers and boozers
We got yuppies
We got bikers
We got thirsty hitchhikers
And the girls next door dress up like movie stars
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, I love this bar

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

A bottle of domestic beer is $6.50 at my favourite bar. These are tragic days

drat that sucks

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tristeham posted:

drat that sucks

what are the wine taverns like or w/e in france

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

you got all sorts. my local bar is nice, and the pint is around 4,50 which is a good deal these days.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

tristeham posted:

you got all sorts. my local bar is nice, and the pint is around 4,50 which is a good deal these days.

Ill have a pint o Pinot and a Chardonnay back please

Do they put out soft cheeses instead of corn nuts or that would be too fun (actually its been years since I saw a bar put out bar snacks, end of an era and nobody even noticed)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Do they put out soft cheeses instead of corn nuts or that would be too fun (actually its been years since I saw a bar put out bar snacks, end of an era and nobody even noticed)

lol no it's peanuts usually

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

tristeham posted:

lol no it's peanuts usually

lovely rold gold pretzels

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

hey op, my girlfriend and I saw you from across the bar and like your posts. can we buy you a drink?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

hey op, my girlfriend and I saw you from across the bar and like your posts. can we buy you a drink?

Will you serenade me with poetry like expialidocious youre the one I love the most-est (x5)?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Love to go to the bar and play jenga with 2 by 4s (for adults), the turtles in time arcade cabinet (for adults), and the colorful waiting room roller coaster abacus toy (for adults)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

doesnt get better than this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Love to go to the bar and play jenga with 2 by 4s (for adults), the turtles in time arcade cabinet (for adults), and the colorful waiting room roller coaster abacus toy (for adults)

love drowning my sorrows at the barcade

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Every Sunday is gaymer night at the barcade, which is sort of like a normal night except no trans people are there on that day

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

you could do a lot worse than an old school turtles in time arcade cabinet

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I can tell by the "this must be the place" neon sign that this bar loving pwns

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I remember a dive bar in San Diego where they ran a can of PBR and a shot of bourbon for $3 deal once a week... probably circa 2010

Same area I remember once there was a huge power outage that lasted for several hours and people started gathering out in the streets, just walking around and talking. Some gyros place was still running their machines with gas power and taking cash... everyone lined up... felt like it would last forever, and then suddenly it was over

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wine in Italy is so cool. You get table wine for a couple euros that's just drat Solid. Can't say the same for Greece, poo poo sucks there mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fulz4ytZ54

rip toby keith