Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

cheers but it’s a gay bar

Queers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
where everybody knows your gaaaayyyy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

You wanna go with the twinkle toes
With the guys who say 'Yas' and 'Slay!'
You wanna go
Where everybody knows
You're gay

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Frasier is straight at queers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTnlNnLnZWQ

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

[an overweight bald man enters stage left, the regulars erupt in unison]: Croup!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

[an overweight bald man enters stage left, the regulars erupt in unison]: Croup!!!

"it's a dog eat dog forum, and I've got a milkbone rap sheet"

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

lol

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Lib and let die posted:

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Lib and let die posted:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Lib and let die posted:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sometimes you wanna go
where everybody
wants to gently caress

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Al! posted:

as far as pretentious bars go mcsorleys used to be my favorite place in the city. used to be a cheap place to get beer drunk because youd order like 4 pints at a time. theyd sell you a big block of onions and cheese with saltines crackers. sawdust on the floor but the whole place smells like centuries of piss and vomit. eventually people got wise and it turned into another expensive tourist spot

I was in an NYU dorm literally across the street from McSorley's in 2005-2006. I wonder if that building is still a dorm.

I actually only went to McSorleys a few times, though. Instead usually went to this Village Yokocho place on St Mark's (that apparently closed a few years ago) and just had pints of Kirin/Sapporo.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

i went to a bar a few weeks ago on an afterwork (its in the same building as my office so that was convenient) but i forgot to bring ear plugs so the sound level was a bit uncomfortable

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Spergin Morlock posted:

Robert Davi wine lol

drat, I'm just now realizing it isn't Robert Davi wine. I thought it was like the Dan Aykroyd poo poo or Francis Ford Coppola wines

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I'd like to go somewhere that serves the cheese onion cob:

https://twitter.com/paulbennett76/status/1758569541099991416

An entire brick of cheese and then raw onion on a bun. :effort: I'm sure it's good though

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

in my hosed up rust belt state the liquor laws are ancient and you have to serve food to serve on premise alcohol, so all the best bars have “powdered milk, water optional” and “canned soup” on the menu for $25 so they don’t get shut down

Owns that the Raines law is still functionally on the books

Wikipedia posted:

The meal requirement was met by the cheapest sandwich available, sometimes reused across tables, or sandwiches made of rubber.

Jacob Riis wrote in 1902 of saloon keepers who mocked the law by setting out "brick sandwiches," two pieces of bread with a brick in between, thus fulfilling the legal requirement of serving food. He also writes of an altercation in a saloon where a customer attempted to eat a sandwich that the bartender had served just for show; "the police restored the sandwich to the bartender and made no arrests."

Dokapon Findom has issued a correction as of 23:24 on Mar 16, 2024

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

bucket of beer ftw

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XNFokmDKrE

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Dokapon Findom posted:

I'd like to go somewhere that serves the cheese onion cob:

https://twitter.com/paulbennett76/status/1758569541099991416

An entire brick of cheese and then raw onion on a bun. :effort: I'm sure it's good though

I’m imagining the cheese smells like rancid bad breath. just the worst poo poo created by man

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

where everybody knows your gaaaayyyy

Lib and let die posted:

lmfao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

excellent

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I’m imagining the cheese smells like rancid bad breath. just the worst poo poo created by man

That's the good stuff

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Weka posted:

That's the good stuff

yeah based on the size of that slab I would figure it'd be much more mild. if that's a crumbly sharp cheddar it'd take me an hour to eat

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I would not order the cheese brick and raw onion sandwich

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

more 4 me

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
it's hard to tell just from a photo but it looks like Cheshire to me, which is a crumbly cheese with a strong sharp flavour, could also be Wensleydale which is similar

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

I would not order the cheese brick and raw onion sandwich

Coward

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01GIRShXfg

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ytlaya posted:

I was in an NYU dorm literally across the street from McSorley's in 2005-2006. I wonder if that building is still a dorm.

I actually only went to McSorleys a few times, though. Instead usually went to this Village Yokocho place on St Mark's (that apparently closed a few years ago) and just had pints of Kirin/Sapporo.

yeah that would have been my prime wandering manhattan drinking and getting 86ed from various bars years. if i recall that was around the time they hadnt fully flipped the gentrification switch on st marks but you could see it coming. manhattan in general was slowly losing the kind of place i like to drink at, essentially Paddy's Pub

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Most aspirational dream in my life is to be the real life equivalent of those dirty old guys that are always in the background when the Gang is hatching a new scheme

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

DaysBefore posted:

Most aspirational dream in my life is to be the real life equivalent of those dirty old guys that are always in the background when the Gang is hatching a new scheme

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

DaysBefore posted:

lol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

recently watched sweet dees dating a retarded person... good stuff

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my brother listens to the it's always sunny guys podcast and apparently that episode was originally called sweet dees dating a retard but they thought that was too mean/disrespectful lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

the ending of the last episode of the most recent season was very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

it’s probably the best episode