Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

i say swears online posted:

the dive bar next to me has a $7 "happy meal" which is a pint and a shot. i don't care for the name but i do care for Savings

I remember a dive bar in San Diego where they ran a can of PBR and a shot of bourbon for $3 deal once a week... probably circa 2010

Same area I remember once there was a huge power outage that lasted for several hours and people started gathering out in the streets, just walking around and talking. Some gyros place was still running their machines with gas power and taking cash... everyone lined up... felt like it would last forever, and then suddenly it was over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

what are the wine taverns like or w/e in france

Wine in Italy is so cool. You get table wine for a couple euros that's just drat Solid. Can't say the same for Greece, poo poo sucks there mostly

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

markup on wine is about as bad as liquor now. i feel like 'house' wines have disappeared from menus too; often the cheapest thing is a $9 glass of something called like Bakersfield Delight

Wine has always been the worst. Sellers get enormous margins on wine compared to other alcohol, ballpark of like 40% versus 10% for beer.