Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the dive bar next to me has a $7 "happy meal" which is a pint and a shot. i don't care for the name but i do care for Savings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

austin before 2012 or so was pretty wild. i used to get $.50 pints of ziegenbock, or $1 margs with a $1 floater. the standard price for an old fashioned at a medium-tier bar is like $18 now, more than a whole bottle of evan williams

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

<:mad:>

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

At least it's still Weird

it's sxsw rn and i want to die

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

We got winners
We got losers
Chain-smokers and boozers
We got yuppies
We got bikers
We got thirsty hitchhikers
And the girls next door dress up like movie stars
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, I love this bar

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tristeham posted:

drat that sucks

what are the wine taverns like or w/e in france

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Love to go to the bar and play jenga with 2 by 4s (for adults), the turtles in time arcade cabinet (for adults), and the colorful waiting room roller coaster abacus toy (for adults)

love drowning my sorrows at the barcade

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

palindrome posted:

All craft beers here. The selections are written on black chalkboards with colored chalk by the bartenders who also add graphics and artistic touches. It's kind of dark so it's difficult to read the purple and green chalk scrawls. 70% of the choices are IPA so it doesn't matter too much. 12oz pours for anything over 8% abv. 7$ to $11 a glass. The bartender might be wearing a bowtie, bowler derby, or styled mustache. Bring your kids and dogs.

all the kids running around bars here is weird as hell lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

it's not yet spring break is it?

yeah the northern schools go a little earlier. my dad's on south padre and I can't visit the whole month of march

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

the speakeasy fad was such a great way to bilk millennials into paying $25 for a lovely cocktail consisting of pineapple juice and bottom shelf liquor. with a pineapple slice. brilliant idea. respect to the bar owners.

it was great, my friend was obsessed with blowing money at those spots. it's the alcohol version of those Man Boxes that come with a compass and hatchet for $59/month

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

markup on wine is about as bad as liquor now. i feel like 'house' wines have disappeared from menus too; often the cheapest thing is a $9 glass of something called like Bakersfield Delight

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i found a cali champagne for 70% off at target last week called Black Girl Magic, $4.49 after tax. wasn't bad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

i too have been to an olive garden.

lol i checked my closest location and mondavi is in fact the most expensive wine on the menu but it's a thrifty $29

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

excellent

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Weka posted:

That's the good stuff

yeah based on the size of that slab I would figure it'd be much more mild. if that's a crumbly sharp cheddar it'd take me an hour to eat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

more 4 me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

Most aspirational dream in my life is to be the real life equivalent of those dirty old guys that are always in the background when the Gang is hatching a new scheme