Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
The TVIV style stuff for live events usually goes pretty well. I can’t think of a “live” event thread here that imploded, they usually move to fast too implode and everybody is watching the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
How are you all doing on the mod side?

Here’s my experiences since the last one of these. If one pursues discussions until obvious contradiction that the other side won’t back down from usually moderation happens.

That unfortunately remains something that most readers, not participating in the discussion, do not want to read.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

hooman posted:

It's also interesting that a post like that took 11 days to be reported.

I don’t know any details about that specific post and am not really commenting on that specific post.

But I think you should realize that threads get read by people who don’t post in them, after the conversations occur. Sometimes a long time later, even years. I didn’t realize USCE was a thread people did that with, but it is. My assumption is that most people actively posting in it have it bookmarked and just read new posts. But that’s not everybody. Other people might read it a week behind, a month behind, whatever and those folks might report stuff too.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I wasn’t trying to be being polite when I asked earlier, How are you all doing?

I think it’s going to get progressively crazier as the election approaches and god help us if a certain candidate wins. How is the mod team feeling about themselves and moderating D&D now and also looking forward into November?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

FirstnameLastname posted:

i think he means "the segment of d&d that thinks that stuff is happening"

Look DV has his issues. He doesn’t like it when ways of thinking differ from his own radically critique what he has to say.

But it’s not okay to gaslight him or the forum. It’s also not unique to him or D&D, anyway. There are other folks that have stopped posting on SA because of similar things happening to them. It’s not okay and you shouldn’t pretend like it isn’t a thing that happens.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Here’s a question did you (FNLN) even know?

I mean my assumption is no.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

ram dass in hell posted:

People disagreeing and thinking you're stupid is not harassment and it devalues legitimate claims in instances of actual harassment to pretend otherwise.

I just recently picked a pretty public fight with DV about the religious critique of democracy as a civic religion. I’d call it pretty heated.

That’s a different thing than what’s going on. There is an active mock thread of DV right now. That’s not really okay.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

WarpedLichen posted:

I think this would be a really good time for prompt moderation to jump in before this whole thing degenerates even more.

If we can’t talk about things that are actually happening publicly we are cowards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

mawarannahr posted:

but that doesn't actually fit your description.

The syq stuff being mocked is DV, from his media literacy thread.