Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
So this industry clearly does work because there's no shortage of amongus mqueen chasing color-changing tangled characters for an hour on YouTube. For those somehow in the know, i think this linked video that was uploaded this morning (with 60 AI generated comments, no less!) will illustrate what im talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLNudpUImw

But as ridiculous as these are, I find them kind of fascinating since these are on every kid's iPad. Are each of these channels from competing creators? Is it all just a few people with multiple accounts dominating the scene? Is it a profitable gig in high income countries? do any of these uploaders have to worry about using trademarked disney characters? do kids actually like them or is this a last resort while mobile and they prefer watching bluey at home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
It's all a money laundering scheme hth op

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

buglord posted:

do kids actually like them or is this a last resort while mobile and they prefer watching bluey at home?

They're literally just left to have the colourful lights and sounds on a tablet while the parents do something else

It's basically the equivalent of sitting them in front of a TV, but you can drive without them trying to interact with you or any pesky bonding

030924_3
Mar 9, 2024
first you're gonna need to obtain a stream

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

sadly it is probably this

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

EorayMel posted:

see thats what i was thinking but then i found a live action one and that seems like way more effort than whats needed?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's sludge for kids to consume so that their parents don't have to actually do anything OP

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Both my young kids love this poo poo and will watch it in perpetuity if we let them. (Which is rarely, and only for 20 minutes at a time).

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

paw patrol intro on repeat

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

this is like the dreams i had when i caught covid

fuckin sinister poo poo

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

La Vaca Lola has a whole extended universe. I just heard her singing the Ketchup Song.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Step 1. Fly by night render farm in Singapore or somewhere generates the sludge (nowadays they can even use AI)

Step 2. Click bots load the videos up with fake views propelling them into the algorithm where real kids will put them on in the background for even more YouTube engagement

Step 3. ????

Step 4. Profit!

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
add some twerkler

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
The comments on that video in the OP look like some kind of SEO sorcery.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I like your style worm girl

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Carlos Lantana posted:

add some twerkler

Florida is falling apart

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just think of what the kids raised on these nightmares will be making in 20 years.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Khanstant posted:

Just think of what the kids raised on these nightmares will be making in 20 years.

probably more kids by that point

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

what kind of weird pervert uses youtube for anything other than watching cute women dance around and be hot? smdh

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i was raised on these videos and i turned out fine

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywME6bIN5CM

Hitler vs spiderman. Who would watch this when you could be watching a LP of literally any actual fighting game?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nobody should ever watch a LP of a video game quite frankly, kids especially

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Khanstant posted:

When they hit the lolrandom humor phase it's going to put our invader zim wondershowzen bullshit to shame. Imagine the psychedelic experience of pink floyd's the wall except it's all random access monty python style humor.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Bad Purchase posted:

Pfft then I'd have to get good enough to pass the tutorial. Massive waste of time.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Internet Old One posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywME6bIN5CM

Hitler vs spiderman. Who would watch this when you could be watching a LP of literally any actual fighting game?

58 minutes? aint watching that right now

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

Wow, what an awful opinion

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

58 minutes? aint watching that right now

Save it for when you can give it your undivided attention.

I'm gonna watch the whole thing next time I get a business class upgrade. Just getting trashed on free wine watching spider man and hitler duke it out for an hour. Max volume. No headphones.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Toys In Japan is better at hands than any AI

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Carlos Lantana posted:

Toys In Japan is better at hands than any AI

toys in japan are made by AI

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Internet Old One posted:

Save it for when you can give it your undivided attention.

I'm gonna watch the whole thing next time I get a business class upgrade. Just getting trashed on free wine watching spider man and hitler duke it out for an hour. Max volume. No headphones.

maybe, we'll see

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bad Purchase posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Whats your problem with Slowbeef?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

buglord posted:

So this industry clearly does work because there's no shortage of amongus mqueen chasing color-changing tangled characters for an hour on YouTube. For those somehow in the know, i think this linked video that was uploaded this morning (with 60 AI generated comments, no less!) will illustrate what im talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLNudpUImw

But as ridiculous as these are, I find them kind of fascinating since these are on every kid's iPad. Are each of these channels from competing creators? Is it all just a few people with multiple accounts dominating the scene? Is it a profitable gig in high income countries? do any of these uploaders have to worry about using trademarked disney characters? do kids actually like them or is this a last resort while mobile and they prefer watching bluey at home?

Whelp there goes an hour and a half of my day.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKp2gikIkD8

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

lol the kids are absolutely not gonna be alright

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I learned sheep in spanish
oveja
oveja

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

If you like 5 Giant Duck, Monkey, Piglet, chicken, bear, lion, cow, Sheep, Transfiguration funny animal 2023 then you should also check out 5 Giant Duck, Monkey, Piglet, chicken, bear, lion, cow, Sheep, Transfiguration funny animal 2018 and 5 Giant Duck, Monkey, Piglet, chicken, bear, lion, cow, Sheep, Transfiguration funny animal 2005.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

idiotsavant posted:

lol the kids are absolutely not gonna be alright
People say this about every generation's awful pointless dreck and a lot of us grew up on literal toy commercials.

Though there will definitely be video essays (or the 2050s equivalent) on these by the people who grew up watching them in 25 years and I can't wait to hear what they have to say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

If you like 5 Giant Duck, Monkey, Piglet, chicken, bear, lion, cow, Sheep, Transfiguration funny animal 2023 then you should also check out 5 Giant Duck, Monkey, Piglet, chicken, bear, lion, cow, Sheep, Transfiguration funny animal 2018 and 5 Giant Duck, Monkey, Piglet, chicken, bear, lion, cow, Sheep, Transfiguration funny animal 2005.

Thanks tonight is going to be fun.