Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I like to read the rise and fall of the third Reich at the bar. You get to meet interesting people and if it turns out they are into Nazis, it is about as big as a telephone book so you can beat them with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I liked reading news papers when lived with my parents growing up but I'm not going to pay to receive it these days especially when I half of it or more is stuff I would just toss in the trash because I have no interest... Sports, personals, opinion pieces by garbage humans, national/world news takes from the local bumpkin.

I just read it for the local news.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I read the local paper with an online subscription but it's such a lovely layout I have to be pretty bored.. whichever section you choose intersperses "articles from our network" aka Republican talking pieces that are unrelated to the local news paid for by the Koch's.

And you have to pay for it. I mooch my mom's password or I would never read it and just stick to apnews or something similar.

Smaller city problems probably. 350k of us.. maybe 500k in the greater sprawl. One news paper that doesn't even have most of its contributors in the city. They poo poo canned many of them and run articles about my city from "reporters" that don't even live here.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 10, 2024

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I got no idea what that means, but I am reading that book. It's pretty good and shows how crazy, lucky and incompetent Hitler was. The giant swastika on the cover is a great reason to never take it out in public.. I was totally joking except for its ability to easily beat someone with do to it's size

I've never read a book at a bar I don't go to them alone so I'm usually taking to friends.

I could see getting bored and wanting to read a book in public but id probably go to a book store or coffee shop or something. I don't think anyone at the bar would care, I just don't see the point of overpaying for drinks unless you're there to talk to people honestly.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 10, 2024