Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Imo the way 32 stuff went down is that the vault 32 dwellers find out the truth about the experiment and revolt against the overseer, causing a civil war that ends up killing them all. months/years later, moldaver uses rose's old pipboy to gain access to vault 32, finds everyone already dead, and begins communicating with vault 33 as the new overseer, however many weeks/months pass and the show begins

Based on the way people had died I'm pretty sure they were gassed or something. Given the nature of the experiment there is almost certainly an abort system involved that just kills everyone in the vault. People being mid-violence in all those scenarios suggests they all died during the main aggression. How does someone still have their hands on the throat otherwise, if they were shot or meleed they'd likely slumped over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Did I hear yall say Shady Sands was said to blow up in 2077?

I didn't notice until rewatching ep 4 That's when vault 33 was quarantined and no one could be together at the farm. So was that Hank making sure no one could piece together he was headed out of the vault for a bit?

Also I love this show, but after rewatching the first ep again I'm thoroughly confused at what Muldava is doing. Even assuming she's only hired these raiders with the promise of raiding (Inc rape and murder) you still see her with more well trained soldiers cruising through the halls with purpose during the madness. Was she looking for Hank? If so why not grab him when they met at the entrance. If it's the artifact, OK but why take Hank then at the end? Why give him a hostage situation decision of picking the vaulters or Lucy and then do nothing to either but cave in a single tunnel?

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Get some food and shelter for a bit before heading back out into the Wastelands? I agree, though, doesn't make a ton of sense, except to set up the reveal in the first episode. As for why she took Hank, she needed a Vault-Tec manager to unlock the cold fusion mumbo jumbo thing.

Oh yeah her taking Hank makes sense, and presumably was her only goal --maybe she was also checking to see of Hank somehow got his hands on it? None of this helps my confusion with the hostage situation that didn't involve either of the proposed options (them or her)

My disbelief is easily suspended so it's not an issue, but I was really hoping a rewatch was going to help and not raise even further questions
I'm

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

One neat little bit of foreshadowing I noticed in episode 4 while watching again: Lucy mentions the "plague of 2277" as an example of how vault dwellers have to deal with hardship too. If the vaults are as completely sealed off from the outside world as they think, how would new germs get in after 200 years? It's one of the first little hints that something fishy was going on around that timeframe.

Yeah this is what I noticed as well, and I think that was actually Hank covering his tracks and quarantining the vault so he could open the door and leave to blow up Shady Sands

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

I rewatched the show last week looking for some of the scenes that have raised questions, like Cooper and Maximus in Filly. The most reasonable explanation I have is that it just didn't seem like BoS curiosity got the better of him since whoever was driving this thing clearly wasn't trained, and there was no squire. Mechanically, I like the AP idea of him just being out of it. He did accurately kill several people before that.

But as usual, as said here, it's just tv writing. The real question is what did Maximus leg suddenly get trapped and then released from that board at such a convenient timing. That board really changed the story. All praise be to the board.

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

SCheeseman posted:

I'm constantly getting stuck in geometry in Bethesda games so that's just the show being more faithful to the material.

Great point

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Hey now, you're making me want to rewatch Dark. Careful, I'm not sure I have the time.

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

LashLightning posted:

Eh, I feel Lucy just doesn't have enough agency in the whole thing to make her a copy/mirror of her dad. The only 'community' she destroyed is the two stoners and their organ harvesting business. Vault 3 is continuing along and Philly was down to the Enclave scientist travelling through that way and would have happened whether or not Lucy happened by.

What her dad did was super-loving-petty. We haven't yet seen anyone else be like that.

Yeah and that whole episode arc left her with a good morale compass. She gives Cooper the meds, she tried to foolishly help all the ghouls even the feral ones, she followed that golden rule mother fucker. I doubt dad would have done the same

Faucet Drinker fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 13, 2024

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

quote:

All the caged ghouls she saved died (as shown in the show). So do the good intentions really matter if they're cancelled out by her ignorance and gullibility?

Only the feral died, and yeah of.course it does when specifically discussing moral character. She may be chaotic good, but seemingly still is in the good category somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Why were they holding onto the Ghouls, anyway? Were they using them to create more Rad-X drugs from their blood or something?

It was an organ harvesting facility so maybe just selling them as meat? I assume a ghoul organ is useless in a transplant scenario but if Cooper is making rear end jerky then it seems viable.