Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

pixaal posted:

I'm sorry, I think this was sexual in nature

Wow you have a really dirty mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

For real! You know they take vow of celibacy, right? You think someone in a position of trust and authority would just break the rules like that?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Hammerite posted:

The LLM approach to AI seems like it's applicable to mostly bad poo poo and not to much of worth IMO. but then I am a sourpuss goon who only sees the worst in everything so there you go.

I use it all the time to generate "stock" photos for our website.

Hammerite posted:

Ripping off creative people and decreasing their ability to earn a living

Oh.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

This is cookie clicker.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

How to use AI to get ahead at work: fake an audio recording of your boss doing a big racism and get him fired

https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/news/maryland-framed-principal-racist-ai-generated-voice/

Alternatively, this could be the new get out of jail free card where every time you get busted for heinous poo poo you blame it on those drat AIs

On the internet there are people who post videos of one thing, like a riot, and then say it's another more recent riot.
And then your racist facebook uncle promotes it.
This is just a little more personal and and it's obscurity allows it to ruin a person's life faster.
Like when internet people said some other person was the Boston Marathon Bomber.

"Oh this horrible thing is happening."
Is it going to kill me in the next few hours.
"It might! It might!"
Eh, give it a day to see if it is even real.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

On the internet there are people who post videos of one thing, like a riot, and then say it's another more recent riot.
And then your racist facebook uncle promotes it.
This is just a little more personal and and it's obscurity allows it to ruin a person's life faster.
Like when internet people said some other person was the Boston Marathon Bomber.

Here in Australia just the other week when a guy killed several people at a shopping mall we had a news network identify a completely innocent guy as the killer and broadcast his name and photo nationwide: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-26/man-wrongly-identified-bondi-junction-attacker-seven-settles/103772376

He sued the gently caress out of them and they immediately settled out of court for a undisclosed sum, but it would have been an astronomical amount of money

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Here in Australia just the other week when a guy killed several people at a shopping mall we had a news network identify a completely innocent guy as the killer and broadcast his name and photo nationwide: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-26/man-wrongly-identified-bondi-junction-attacker-seven-settles/103772376

He sued the gently caress out of them and they immediately settled out of court for a undisclosed sum, but it would have been an astronomical amount of money

Note that their “source” for this story was a well known pro-Russian Twitter troll who was intentionally spreading antisemitic propaganda.

A more relevant Australian AI story was a couple of months back, when a different national news network let Photoshop’s AI retouching tool tweak an image of a female politician for a news story. The tool helpfully gave her larger breasts and turned her dress into a midriff top: https://amp.abc.net.au/article/103403664

THE FUTURE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Can't possibly have been enough, even being identified on the news as having been present at a mass shooting means a lifetime of harassment from conspiracy cranks now