Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

OP your posts are the only thing in the world worse than AI-generated garbage.

AI at least has an excuse for being lovely and worthless. You could self-improve but you never do.

How flattering to be compared to cutting-edge technology! Though, I suppose even A.I. needs inspiration from human creativity sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

AI at least has an excuse for being lovely and worthless. You could self-improve but you never do.

Bit weird to refer to yourself in third person but I’ll allow it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hey kids! Let's learn about dinosaurs!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CW1FTY6C?ref_=dbs_p_pwh_rwt_anx_cl_1&storeType=ebooks
That 'author' has 25 books listed and it looks like they're all AI garbage. I'm genuinely tempted to buy the Stegosaurus book just to find out how bad it gets

This one is just called 'Various stegosaurus picture books (Japanese Edition)' and the credited author is AI Authors MARU, they can't even be bothered trying to pretend to be actual creators

https://www.amazon.com/Various-stegosaurus-picture-books-Japanese-ebook/dp/B0CB27T55V/

There's a never ending stream of this poo poo

https://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Opera-Grownups-Dinosaurs-Classics-ebook/dp/B0CTXPQX4G?r

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

V. sad that u care about nom epique more than the people who posted in the nom epique thread

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
There are literally hundreds (probably thousands) of YouTube videos promising you will get rich by flooding Amazon with lovely AI-generated stories and picture books for kids.

Considering the barrier to entry is basically zero, you only have to sell a handful of copies to suckers (or people not paying attention) and you’ll make a bit of money.

https://shatterzone.substack.com/p/ai-is-coming-for-your-children

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.

Is there any information around this? It's amazing and I'd love to know more about the process

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Esposito posted:

Is there any information around this? It's amazing and I'd love to know more about the process

I take your need for perpetual novelty and desire to experience everything again for the first time, add work done by other people, subtract paying them in any way, divide by a prompt = fun for you, profit for me!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Esposito posted:

There's an entire thread about it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050607

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.

Wonderful!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
it would be fun to make one of those chill lofi channels that just plays music to relax and study to.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Rad-daddio posted:

it would be fun to make one of those chill lofi channels that just plays music to relax and study to.

What aspect do you think would be fun specifically?

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i wanna make the channel "lo-fi hip hop to roar animalistically and try to destroy all the contents and walls of your house with your bare hands to"

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Dokapon Findom posted:

What aspect do you think would be fun specifically?

endless music to relax and study to, specifically.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i wanna make the channel "lo-fi hip hop to roar animalistically and try to destroy all the contents and walls of your house with your bare hands to"

lo fi hip hop to smoke gas station heroin and meth to.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
You know if you just search for like "lo-fi playlist" you'd get a billion of them. In something like Spotify you could even smash them all together. A thing you can do, right now. Thousands of hours of it. More coming out. You don't need AI to do a thing you can do right now.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Yeah but what if I want something like Nixon raps about the commies before being trampled by a herd of elephants for 12 hours

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
lo-fi joints to beat the Backgammon Baron to

lo-fi hip hop to blow out the butt of your jeans to

lo-fi playlist to hunt down and precisely toss sunglasses on each of the producers' faces, "dude perfect" style, to

lo-fi hip hop to make lo-fi hip hop to, until we're all making lo-fi hip hop and humanity dies out from making and consuming lo-fi hip hop

lo-fi hip hop to relax/break into your neighbor's house with a machete and scream about how you're Jesus to

Deep Glove Bruno fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 18, 2024

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

lo-fi joints to beat the Backgammon Baron to

lo-fi hip hop to blow out the butt of your jeans to

lo-fi playlist to hunt down and precisely toss sunglasses on each of the producers' faces, "dude perfect" style, to

lo-fi hip hop to make lo-fi hip hop to, until we're all making lo-fi hip hop and humanity dies out from making and consuming lo-fi hip hop

lo-fi hip hop to relax/break into your neighbor's house with a machete and scream about how you're Jesus to

lol

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

screw that give me hifi hiphop. quadraphonic vinyl shag carpeting in a sunken living room beats to do quaaludes to

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

syntaxfunction posted:

You know if you just search for like "lo-fi playlist" you'd get a billion of them. In something like Spotify you could even smash them all together. A thing you can do, right now. Thousands of hours of it. More coming out. You don't need AI to do a thing you can do right now.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

AlmightyBob posted:

screw that give me hifi hiphop. quadraphonic vinyl shag carpeting in a sunken living room beats to do quaaludes to

YES. NO MORE WOBBLY PIANO SAMPLES IN 2024. JUST RE-USE THE CAMP LO "LUCHINI" SAMPLE OVER AND OVER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVYxoPUjOHU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AlmightyBob posted:

:frogc00l:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hmjsxu4TZE

:five:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Lol that people are willing to eat a diet of this poo poo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

YES. NO MORE WOBBLY PIANO SAMPLES IN 2024. JUST RE-USE THE CAMP LO "LUCHINI" SAMPLE OVER AND OVER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVYxoPUjOHU

:agreed:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Dokapon Findom posted:

Lol that people are willing to eat a diet of this poo poo

some people don't care about quality they just want an unlimited drip feed of content.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Rad-daddio posted:

some people don't care about quality they just want an unlimited drip feed of content.

The worst part is, it can't just be new content to them, it must be made recently. Something from 2021? Sorry too old. You want rappers rapping about (rAnDoM tHiNg)? There's a treasure trove of actual obscure hip hop from the 80s, rapping about literally anything and everything if your interest is genuine- however that would require human intelligence, something that apparently is now totally off the table.

However this extensive back catalog of rap may not be able to satisfy everyone's terrible level of taste and sense of humor...

Tiberius Christ posted:

Yeah but what if I want something like Nixon raps about the commies before being trampled by a herd of elephants for 12 hours

If you prompt it, it is no dream my dude! :thumbsup:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

if you prompt it, they will cum

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
AI content is clearly more ethical to consume since it's not a product of tormented souls of suffering artists.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Dokapon Findom posted:

The worst part is, it can't just be new content to them, it must be made recently. Something from 2021? Sorry too old.

I hate that attitude so loving much. We live in an age where you can easily get more high quality movie music and books than you could ever consume in your entire lifetime. There’s absolutely no reason for anyone to limit themselves to anything recent or demand a robot shart out something made by rolling a bunch of D-20s. I just don’t understand it.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

syntaxfunction posted:

I encourage everyone to try a conversation with chatGPT about a deeper aspect of a subject you are very knowledgeable about, because you probably aren't coming out out of it impressed, and tbh that says a lot to me.

I want to echo this.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Gutcruncher posted:

I hate that attitude so loving much. We live in an age where you can easily get more high quality movie music and books than you could ever consume in your entire lifetime. There’s absolutely no reason for anyone to limit themselves to anything recent or demand a robot shart out something made by rolling a bunch of D-20s. I just don’t understand it.

Some other goon in a movie thread posted about how they can't even watch a movie or tv series if there are older phones in it.

Like imagine that any media pre smartphone was now off limits to you bc of brain worms.

I can't imagine what would happen if they saw a movie with a fax machine in it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

Some other goon in a movie thread posted about how they can't even watch a movie or tv series if there are older phones in it.

Like imagine that any media pre smartphone was now off limits to you bc of brain worms.

I can't imagine what would happen if they saw a movie with a fax machine in it.

Editing an iPhone into Dorthy’s hand so the zoomers can finally connect with The Wizard of Oz

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Anyone use the new meta ai bullshit in instagram search? It’s very cool and relevant for an image sharing app

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

dervival posted:

if you prompt it, they will cum

i remain dry

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

toggle posted:

Anyone use the new meta ai bullshit in instagram search? It’s very cool and relevant for an image sharing app

It’s going well on Facebook

https://twitter.com/korolova/status/1780450925028548821

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Strategic Tea posted:

Everyone should read sci fi heist/caper The Quantum Thief, about a posthuman solar system in which ordinary humans are barely tolerated because their minds can be stripmined by one of the ~12 techbro upload gods for new ideas

Hell yeah. Amazing read

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Netflix's latest true crime documentary used fake AI-generated photos of the killer to show what a funloving person she was: https://futurism.com/the-byte/netflix-what-jennifer-did-true-crime-ai-photos

Her hosed up hands and teeth are the obvious tell but almost everything in the background is hosed up as well

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Netflix's latest true crime documentary used fake AI-generated photos of the killer to show what a funloving person she was: https://futurism.com/the-byte/netflix-what-jennifer-did-true-crime-ai-photos

Her hosed up hands and teeth are the obvious tell but almost everything in the background is hosed up as well

I’m desperate to see how idiots are gonna try and spin this as “ugh it’s no big deal why are you complaining?” Or “actually it’s good they did this”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

quote:

Using AI to create fake images in a true crime documentary can be justified for several reasons:

Protecting Privacy and Sensitivity: True crime documentaries often involve real victims and sensitive subject matter. By using AI to generate fake images or composite sketches of suspects, filmmakers can protect the privacy and dignity of individuals involved in the case. This approach allows them to convey the necessary information without exposing real people to potential harm or exploitation.

Preserving Anonymity: In cases where witnesses or informants wish to remain anonymous, AI-generated images can serve as a substitute for real photographs or video footage. By creating fictional representations of key individuals, filmmakers can maintain the confidentiality of sources while still conveying their testimony or insights to the audience.

Enhancing Dramatization and Visualization: True crime documentaries often rely on visual storytelling to engage viewers and convey complex information. AI-generated images can enhance the visual impact of the documentary by providing realistic depictions of crime scenes, suspects, or key events. These images help viewers to visualize the narrative and immerse themselves in the story, enhancing their understanding and emotional engagement.

Facilitating Investigation and Awareness: In some cases, AI-generated images may be used to depict hypothetical scenarios or reenactments based on available evidence. By presenting these images in the documentary, filmmakers can help investigators and the public to understand the dynamics of the crime and consider alternative theories or possibilities. This approach can contribute to ongoing investigations or raise awareness about unsolved cases, potentially leading to new leads or breakthroughs.

Exploring Ethical and Moral Dilemmas: By incorporating AI-generated images into the documentary, filmmakers can prompt viewers to reflect on the ethical and moral implications of emerging technologies. Questions about the reliability of AI-generated evidence, the potential for misuse or manipulation, and the boundaries of truth and fiction can stimulate meaningful discussions and critical thinking among audience members.

In summary, using AI to fake images in a true crime documentary can be justified as a means of protecting privacy, preserving anonymity, enhancing visualization, facilitating investigation, and exploring ethical dilemmas. However, it's essential for filmmakers to approach this technique responsibly and transparently, ensuring that viewers understand the context and purpose of the AI-generated images within the documentary.

That didn't take long at all.