Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
It's actually really good for the repetitive (tasks, sorting, organising etc.) that are often the precursors to real creative work. It's changed my work balance entirely and allowed to really focus on the things I enjoy in my career.

It's utterly poo poo for long form writing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Blitter posted:

Congratulations on being the kind of credulous moron that assumes that a) you actually understand these topics b) the LLM is reliable and correct.

Hope you don't do anything important.

That's why, like some other Goon said many pages ago. You handle the INPUT as well as the output.

The more you know about a subject, the better the results turn out because you are able to tailor the specifics to create output that you know to be correct.

LLMs are completely useless if you don't already know what you're talking about what you're talking about, but they can save huge amounts of time for people who are already knowledgeable in a field.