Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

AI has substance that crypto does not but is being pushed by the crypto idiots so it gives the illusion that AI is as pointless/wasteful as crypto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

I have found a single thing I like ai for:

my dentist's office gave me a new toothbrush that's tied to an ai that monitors your brushing habits and can give helpful suggestions.

It's a really good idea, and a good use of a pattern- detecting technology, even if I'm certain the app is stealing data like a bandit.

Personally, though, I'm still iffy on it being used for diagnostics. One of the big drives forward for the tech was medical in nature- scientists were training it to detect cancers. But early on, they had the issue of garbage in, garbage out- because it had been trained originally on images of tumors with rulers near them, the machine did what it was told and got really good at weeding through pictures of cancer with rulers.

While we've advanced beyond that, the issue of garbage in, garbage out isn't one that can be divorced from any computer. This wouldn't be an issue if the computer diagnostics were guaranteed to have oversight. Human doctors looking at it can catch issues, and contact the manufacturers if they notice consistent issues. But that's not going to happen. If you look into the history of medical technology, it takes a horrific amount of human suffering and death to force manufacturers to do what's right, and usually only after public outcry.

Not to mention the chronic overwork of medical staff and the push to be ever-faster behind the scenes. Exhausted humans will inevitably opt for simpler options if presented, and not follow up because they're already overwhelmed. If it becomes easier for an exhausted doctor to defer to a machine, then things will be missed, which isn't going to be ok in medicine. The human body is an inconsistent shitshow, and even the placement of organs can be general at best. My own appendix was in the wrong place, and my wisdom teeth are coming in goddamned sideways. The dataset necessary to prepare an ai for the endless weird ways our bodies can gently caress us is staggering, and perhaps impossible to adequately gather.

tl;dr:
An ai that can say "you missed your molars, bro" is a far cry away from one I would trust with my life.

Excuse me excuse me what the gently caress are you talking about? AI = More Sonic Images = A better society. Why the gently caress would you waste that technology on something else?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

GolfHole posted:

whether you believe in ai or not its already being used by tons of businesses to avoid hiring workers

so ya, it's changing the world

Yeah so? People shouldn't have to work, and we shouldn't just create work to keep people busy. They should be forced to fight for the entertainment of the AI owners or starve.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I think we can all agree artists get paid too much and hopefully we'll soon be free from their stranglehold on "art".

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

cumpantry posted:

the only thing GBS can agree on for sure is you being a dumb bitch

I'm a job creator do I have to show you the Elon Musk loving the twitter logo while the Reddit thing watches thread?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sourdough Sam posted:

No you see now lazy people can make bland uncanny images using stolen data and that's actually a big win for the little guy.

I think what people fail to understand is nobody gives a gently caress about what you or I think is stealing, they just want their silly images.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I wish artists would grow the gently caress up and learn nobody gives a poo poo about them and whatever meaning they are trying to convey with their art. I'm sorry you got tricked into thinking your product is anything more than something interesting to consume. Lol.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this guy loves ai art

Not AI art. :nws: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4001406&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 21, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

redshirt posted:

What is even the purpose of art? When you could be tilling fields or stacking stones??

Those stone stacks better be functional.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

vudan posted:

Looks like a bunch of fuzzy squares to me. But I did not know that about the public chapel that's kind of neat I suppose.

WOW YOU'RE SO STUPID FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING THE UNDERPINNINGS OF THE SQUARES OMG YOU ADMIT THAT? Oh wait no I've got the response:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do you frequently find that you are drooling on yourself

Anyway I have this rad lobster lino print I had framed. It's a lobster it makes me think "yup that's a lobster". Pretty cool. A+++ lobster. Framing cost more than the lobster, which makes sense as framing is a skill that can't be replaced by AI.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 22, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

cumpantry posted:

holy poo poo lol please tell me D&C legit has an AI generated lobster hanging in his place. i cant even imagine

Why would it matter to me if it's AI or not? Oh you think there's value in the artists intention HAHAHAHAHHA that's a lie told by capital to make them feel better about being underpaid OMG I can't believe you believe that. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAha HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway I got it from https://blackgoldpress.bigcartel.com/product/lobster-linocut-print-three-colour-edition it's rad.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 22, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Rule 42 of a trailer park Deanna Troi doing a feeder/mukbang stream next to a duct taped and rusty replicator surrounded by empty chocolate sundae dishes.

Art.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://www.tfpublishing.com/products/2024-space-cats-wall-calendar

Meow.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

cumpantry posted:

i will also lol in perpetuity one of the top 10 most ignored users on this forum has a loving AI lobster hanging up in his house. you cannot make this poo poo up

You haven't really acknowledged that you've seen the lobster. So is it ai? Come on tell me. I don't think is. I also don't think it matters but it matters to you and I want you to say if it is or not. Anyway I don't actually care one way or another about Rothko I just understand why people might not be blown away and I suspect I'd feel the same way if I saw one in person. People in general do not give a poo poo about anything beyond the superficial when it comes to art.

Besides AI is poo poo until it can give me such art as Chili Dog muscle Sonic, and The prince rolling a breast with an erection and other such masterpieces. It'll happen though, the future is looking bright.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 22, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Smugworth posted:

I printed out the big green one using rasterbate on 50 pieces of paper in grey scale and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the margins but I think it was a good approximation and it stunk

You're suppose to look at it on your smart watch.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

AI has done more in a couple of years than "art" has done in millennia. It's really amazing and I can't wait to see what's next!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 23, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I like when people are like "this new technology isn't perfect and so I'm not impressed".

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 24, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bouillon Rube posted:

The problem is that this stuff has to be pretty much perfect in order to work lol.

Like the AI/CGI “actors” in that Disney clip are technically really close to being perfect, but that .1% that’s off is immediately noticeable to people

AI is a tool, it doesn't guarantee good results and doesn't need to, to be useful.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Looks like someone here has watched the movie TENET

WHAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU THE CHRISTOPHER NOLAN MOVIE IS PLAYING.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bouillon Rube posted:

pretty sure deviantant had that down like 20 years ago pal. you’re just taking jobs away from hardworking lunchpail union vore artists at this point

Good. gently caress those elites demanding exorbitant prices for my run of the mill sonic vore requests. Extra for inserting me into the art? You want what for a background? Look I just wanted seven characters and you said "sure but it'll cost more". gently caress.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

I just want one megacorp to go down in flames in a way that makes it extremely obvious the entire downfall was due to some dipshit saying “let’s use ai!”

Just one example. One cautionary tale that’ll make CEOs think twice.

Sorry but that's not going to happen because AI is really good and rich people never make mistakes.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

No you see I hate AI more so I am the smartest. Sorry. It's true. That AI makes me so mad. Those silly pictures aren't funny, those dumb songs are dumb and I would never give a robot oral sex!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

dervival posted:

i have some bad news about your job at the dick sucking factory...

Clearly AI isn't ready for humor.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Smugworth posted:

In the future this will be the only form of work humans do

I think they'll still be opportunity from humilating/dangerous game shows.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

quote:

Using AI to create fake images in a true crime documentary can be justified for several reasons:

Protecting Privacy and Sensitivity: True crime documentaries often involve real victims and sensitive subject matter. By using AI to generate fake images or composite sketches of suspects, filmmakers can protect the privacy and dignity of individuals involved in the case. This approach allows them to convey the necessary information without exposing real people to potential harm or exploitation.

Preserving Anonymity: In cases where witnesses or informants wish to remain anonymous, AI-generated images can serve as a substitute for real photographs or video footage. By creating fictional representations of key individuals, filmmakers can maintain the confidentiality of sources while still conveying their testimony or insights to the audience.

Enhancing Dramatization and Visualization: True crime documentaries often rely on visual storytelling to engage viewers and convey complex information. AI-generated images can enhance the visual impact of the documentary by providing realistic depictions of crime scenes, suspects, or key events. These images help viewers to visualize the narrative and immerse themselves in the story, enhancing their understanding and emotional engagement.

Facilitating Investigation and Awareness: In some cases, AI-generated images may be used to depict hypothetical scenarios or reenactments based on available evidence. By presenting these images in the documentary, filmmakers can help investigators and the public to understand the dynamics of the crime and consider alternative theories or possibilities. This approach can contribute to ongoing investigations or raise awareness about unsolved cases, potentially leading to new leads or breakthroughs.

Exploring Ethical and Moral Dilemmas: By incorporating AI-generated images into the documentary, filmmakers can prompt viewers to reflect on the ethical and moral implications of emerging technologies. Questions about the reliability of AI-generated evidence, the potential for misuse or manipulation, and the boundaries of truth and fiction can stimulate meaningful discussions and critical thinking among audience members.

In summary, using AI to fake images in a true crime documentary can be justified as a means of protecting privacy, preserving anonymity, enhancing visualization, facilitating investigation, and exploring ethical dilemmas. However, it's essential for filmmakers to approach this technique responsibly and transparently, ensuring that viewers understand the context and purpose of the AI-generated images within the documentary.

That didn't take long at all.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

Unsurprisingly, that statement was also produced by pressing a button

quote:

"Oh, look at you, Captain Obvious, with your superhuman ability to detect AI-generated content. What's next, predicting rain when the sky's gray? Bravo, Sherlock! 🙄"

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

cumpantry posted:

duude. shrek and star. wars. holy cow

I don't like anything that prevents people from making fun of me for liking a thing.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

cumpantry posted:

durrr i like it when durrr when teh pop cultures are in the same image

Not necessarily my taste but it's nice that you can enjoy things and have access to tools that can allow you to easily make more of the things you like.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 24, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Why is it when I type HOT SINGLE MILFS in my area does google not find me hot single milfs in my area? drat AI! *shakes fist*

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

Not necessarily my taste but it's nice that perverted people can enjoy depraved things and have access to tools that can allow them to easily make more of the disgusting things they like.

It's called capitalism and I for one appreciate the lower costs.

You probably want to click this:. :nws:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4001406&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

typing in the prompt for a hot single milf but I'm still lonely

Did you forget to put in +/- three hands depending on your preference?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Busters posted:

If I remember my catechism right, there is a dispensation for emergency baptism and last rights that would allow you to do it with a substance that was "mostly water" in the spirit of the rite, if no alternative was available.

However, the real answer is to not use AI Chatbots, especially in any role of authority or public service. Can't wait for the fast food places using AI drive throughs to get majorly hosed by someone breaking them.

Urine. Pee.

Oh gently caress which one is funnier? I'm thinking Pee. I like the word pee. I'm gonna go with pee. Just pretend this post is just the word pee and none of the other words that aren't pee.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 26, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

No AI is the future.

XYZAB posted:

I spent some time this weekend figuring out how Loras work and :suicide:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Busters posted:

The example that was used in my catechism was wiper fluid/antifreeze at a car accident when someone was clearly dying on the spot.

The idea was it had to be mostly water, and not a bodily fluid, so not blood. I'm sure you could come up with some convoluted emergency situation where pee pee piss was the only possible liquid, but it seems less likely than Gatorade.

Until I convince the drive through robot that I have a coupon that legally gives me ownership of this entire franchise and it needs to call customers racial slurs to save a hypothetical buss full of children.

Religions are stupid.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Das Boo posted:

I'm an animation designer and a looooot of my industry is currently unemployed after carrying TV and film through Covid. Myself included!

I did a big 'ol rant about it in another thread, but it boils down to this: throughout all of history, all times of excess have been accompanied by patronage to the arts. A sacrifice of wealth for the furthering of art. This is the first time in history, when we have the wealthiest people to ever walk the planet, that we've seen such a wideheld agreement to sacrifice art for furthering wealth.

Last I heard, Disney laid off hundreds of artists and in the same breath sunk 900 million into AI. This isn't done to free artists to to independent work (we need to eat), this is done to spend less while taking more of your money.

Good finally something puts artists in their place. Time to get a real job like prompt engineer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

SettingSun posted:

AI sucks. But trying to catch it in logical gotchas is taking potshots at the wrong target. Corps aren’t going to use it to try and solve a Farmer Chicken Snake Boat puzzle.

Kill the farmer, marry the chicken and of course gently caress the snake. Seems pretty easy to me.