Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

syntaxfunction posted:

I encourage everyone to try a conversation with chatGPT about a deeper aspect of a subject you are very knowledgeable about, because you probably aren't coming out out of it impressed, and tbh that says a lot to me.

this is a nice idea, but the problem here is that all the people on the left side of the dunning-kruger graph who aren't knowledgeable about anything are all very impressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gutcruncher posted:

Like a corporation that makes a bajillion dollars a day just out of nowhere vanishing because some dipshit says “let’s have chatgpt run customer service. What could go wrong??”

When a corporation is that size it's really hard for even the biggest dipshit to make a big enough mistake to kill it quickly.

Like, Boeing recently decided to stop bothering with the whole "fully assembled planes that can fly" thing that is kinda their main business. Somehow this won't kill them and people are still buying their planes.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Speaking of disjointed and offputting, a friend sent me a playlist of stuff he'd stumbled across he thinks is AI. It's on Spotify and Apple and Youtube with no information about who made it or why; it does sound to me like it could be the result of RiffDiffusion or some of the other stuff out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ73zUk3NAw

I don't find this interesting enough to listen to, and I also don't find it calm or relaxing in a way that lets me tolerate new agey slow-chord based music as background filler.

If someone gets good enough at using the tools and models that they can produce subjectively interesting music, I won't object to listening to it, but at that point there's probably been at least as much human interaction in the process as is required to create new agey slow chord progression based ambient filler music.

as someone who does listen to a fair amount of bullshit along those lines, I think that's just someone who is making not-very-good music with fruityloops or whatever

I don't know how the Suno people are doing what they're doing, but I am pretty sure it's not "pure" AI. Like, the output of the AI is being fed into some type of tracking software of the same sort that's allowed thousands of people to make uninspired but professionally-produced music for some time now.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Tropico 8: This Time Jesus is El Presdente

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

BoldFace posted:

I've seen this guy mentioned couple of times but I still have no idea who he is. His self bio says that he used to do video game reviews and he has a podcast. That's pretty much it.

He runs a small PR firm. But he mainly got recognition on twitter, because he was a real poster and had a substantial following. Then when musk turned it into a nazi bar he started writing all these awesomely vituperative blogs instead.

Failson posted:

Curious which article of his you're referring to, because yeah, he can get mean.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a goon.

Zitron has directly referenced SA in old tweets and various places, he was absolutely a goon or at least a lurker in the 2000s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
lmao the Rabbit R1 is the product of some NFT scammers that did nothing more impressive than release a default Unreal Engine project as their "metaverse game" before going dark and emerging as an AI company

https://www.wheresyoured.at/rabbit-holed/ if you want to read the whole thing, but really the one sentence summary is all you need

the big market for AI is selling services to scammers so they can scam the same rubes twice