Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

AI is a great way for executives to avoid responsibility for anything.

"The accident was no one's fault that you can prove everyone was just following the legally compliant process" but add "and all the decisions were made by The Ay Eye, so who are you holding liable?'

Kick a cool $1m to the family or w/e I'm going home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

frumpykvetchbot posted:

The more I see of the generative AI bullshit, the more it completes the picture. None of us be able to enjoy paid creative work.

And no one able to enjoy true creative work because they've never experienced it, have no context for it, and have only been trained to appreciate autogenerated trope remix Content.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Okay but how about

AI of the future posted:

Certainly! How would you like to learn Russian with a complimentary 50% off our partnered Duolingo subscription?

(Click here to decline not receiving this opt in to reject further subscription communications)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I feel like I'm reading transcripts of those old recordings of dead people referring to early computers as rather novel and impractical contraptions.

Guys in this thread would have told the wright brothers their invention was as far as flying technology could basically ever go.

Absolutely. The blockchain will be revolutionary and this thread will be there head in the sand.

Say does anyone have $20m going for 4% pa or less?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I recently sat across from a director in my firm's ""''ai working group"'" failing to explain what AI was and whether we use it, to someone preparing a client pitch.

I so hope it made it onto the powerpoint and got eviscerated in Q&A lol

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Uhh we use it to conduct in depth analysis

of datasets

extensively

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

That artist didn't really paint those leaves, they just stippled with a sponge instead of a horse hair paintbrush!

Happy little tree? How about happy little see?

That's see you in court buddy!!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Aryan eh, they're not exactly being subtle

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Smugworth posted:

In the future this will be the only form of work humans do

Everyone should read sci fi heist/caper The Quantum Thief, about a posthuman solar system in which ordinary humans are barely tolerated because their minds can be stripmined by one of the ~12 techbro upload gods for new ideas

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Netflix's latest true crime documentary used fake AI-generated photos of the killer to show what a funloving person she was: https://futurism.com/the-byte/netflix-what-jennifer-did-true-crime-ai-photos

Her hosed up hands and teeth are the obvious tell but almost everything in the background is hosed up as well

Jfc, I was always uneasy about these trial by extremely emotive documentary things, but at least trusted they were probably responsibly researched by actual journalists

Like it's not just true crime trash, they churn these out on actual geopolitics

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

That’s what I want in my military computer systems. Total ambiguity.

'this is what politicians actually believe'

To a degree - total ambiguity means total freedom from responsibility.

In the liberal west I can't be tried for war crimes or trashed in the press if I never made any decisions at all, except a classified intelligence committee 10 years ago deciding 'use AI'.

And just look at Russia or Sudan - outside the first world, total incompetence isn't a meaningful drawback to an army because they're there to club dissidents, not fight peer militaries. Total incompetence means they can't threaten the dictator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

BECOME A "NATURAL" MUSICIAN

TURNTABLES PILED HIGH