Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

for anything that needs robust logic and the ability to predict or synthesize information, it sucks poo poo, at least the gpt based tools. in particular i’ve tried it for tech writing (and comprehension) as well as a small amount of code gen and it’s godawful. truly scary to think people would be using the results for anything more complex than regurgitating a textbook algorithm or hello world, but then again it’s very scary that many people i’ve worked with are also generating code so maybe gpt can replace the type of people who only exist as a drag on every team they join.

the AI that makes weird funny pictures from prompts seems a lot more promising and is probably putting people out of jobs already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Tarkus posted:

What do you think MD's and mechanics do? Just look at symptoms and tell you what's wrong?

yes, but only after they get it wrong a few times first

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

kntfkr posted:

Hate to break it to you OP but Natalie Imbruglia's hit single Torn was made entirely with AI (Australian Intelligence)

this was my fault, i kept asking it to generate a woman lying naked on the floor and it spit out a whole freakin pop song, this AI thing is just busted

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

humans will fortunately continue to be necessary in jobs that require deciding whether it's acceptable to say a slur to prevent a mass casualty disaster

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Roki B posted:

wake me up when LLM's have a solution to reversing entropy.

redefine your system such that it’s externalized

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yep, those 2 years of gen ed and humanities credits at college were for a reason

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

cruft posted:

R&D teams didn't, like, close the briefcase with a smile and then go home when ChatGPT was released.

no, they made 3 more versions of chat gpt and now they’re working on version 5 of the same thing

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

google results rapidly becoming 99% AI SEO trash have suddenly made the reddit results that get returned far more load bearing than i’m comfortable with. when that support gives out it’s gonna be a dire situation.

it’s already infuriating because often i can see a snippet of the reddit comment in the result summary that i know contains exactly what i’m looking for, but after clicking the link, only a dozen or so comments are shown and the rest are collapsed in a nested structure and aren’t searchable with ctrl+f. threads aren’t searchable on reddit either, best you can do is limit it to a subreddit.

they also hosed up their API really bad to block AI (and kill 3rd party apps) so it’s hard now to just grab a json dump of the whole thread and search that instead.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i use duckduckgo for most searches and it's every bit as bad as google, it just tracks you less

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Last Visible Dog posted:

A tip for this: replace the "www.reddit.com" with "old.reddit.com" in the resulting URL and it should show you more of the nested comments. I don't know if it'll do the trick in every case, but it should at least help.

i do, it doesn’t help that much

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

its def better than ai art tho lol

but have you seen all of the creative ways ai can draw corn?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just searching the billion opaque weights for isolated and distant nodes to reverse the model output

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

she published that statement on her myspace page

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the ai videos where every frame is morphing into something different are cool, but once you've seen a few you've seen em all pretty much

that animated video kicks rear end, but pink flyod is boomers and nobody can win against nature forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we got updated on the status of the company’s revolutionary AI initiative at work today. they have a self hosted version of gpt that is trained on our internal process documentation and you can ask it questions. the presenter touted it as up to 75% accurate in an excited voice.