Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

AlmightyBob posted:

the video won't load for me but the thumbnail is a hosed up guitar with 5 pickups lol

Don’t forget the redundant strap mounting points for when you really need to shred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

Houle posted:

It makes higher ups salivate because now they think they could just feed their barely coherent ramblings into something that generates revenue without having to pay for engineers or r&d. Capitalism without the cost (other than human cost, but that's a depreciating asset).

When you get shitheads like Besos making small towns into essentially company towns for Amazon warehouses coupled with the unofficial official policy of firing people after a few years because maximum efficiency, it's clear what the end goal is.

It’s amazing how the people that will argue against this assessment are usually people who are quick to tell you it’s a dog eat dog world and blah blah free market. As if it’s delusional to point out that the ultimate logical conclusion of unhinged plutocracy is for one dog to finally become the only and biggest and therefore be able to eat the entire world

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

Gutcruncher posted:

I just want one megacorp to go down in flames in a way that makes it extremely obvious the entire downfall was due to some dipshit saying “let’s use ai!”

Just one example. One cautionary tale that’ll make CEOs think twice.

This has already publicly happened multiple times and the result was that nobody in a position to gain from this knowledge cared so it will keep happening with bigger and bigger consequences met with greater and greater apathy

Hey on a completely unrelated note is cryptocurrency gone yet?

See

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

Gutcruncher posted:

I mean pre-existing megacorp, let’s say Amazon. I don’t mean “corporation that sprung up exclusively for a cryptoscam”
Like a corporation that makes a bajillion dollars a day

I see. That definitely shrinks the sample size. I only have examples of it happening to preexisting companies that make majillions of dollars not bajillions.

For example the Kentucky JCPS school system contracted out their bus route optimization to a company that then decided to plug it into an automation tool and it ground the entire school system to a halt and caused chaos all over the city. Nobody gave a poo poo besides the common person watching in horror.

quote:

just out of nowhere vanishing because some dipshit says “let’s have chatgpt run customer service. What could go wrong??”

Hasn’t happened yet but it will and nobody will care enough to stop doing it until an entire economy gets crumpled by it.

I seem to remember speculation that one of the major scheduling database crashes (last year or year before) from one of the major airlines that completely hosed US domestic air travel for several days was due to attempts to automate the maintenance of its decrepit software system by using essentially an AI chatbot

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

make another voyager probe and put this on the gold record, it is representative