Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I feel like I'm reading transcripts of those old recordings of dead people referring to early computers as rather novel and impractical contraptions.

Guys in this thread would have told the wright brothers their invention was as far as flying technology could basically ever go.

i really need gpt bullshit in my lovely rear end German industrial automation control software, AB PLCs and heavy equipment that's already way too complicated compared to old poo poo you're actually allowed to work on when it stops working right, it's gonna be great

woe is me for not seeing the future in front of me

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Smugworth posted:

AI is going to be big mad when computer engineers feed it these posts. And guess who will be in charge of charging, judging, and sentencing criminals by then :mmmsmug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL2RLTmqG4w

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
I had 20 year old AOIs visually confirming manufacturing defects for repair/tech/scrap and 20 year old CMs mounting chips at a max of 500k/8hrs <1% error a half decade ago and I bet if we added some AI into the mix it would go great

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
after watching robots and people with no love for the game solder for years I'll tell you that there's good enough soldering, and then there's poo poo that has touch on it

soldering touch is much like Wizard Mastery, you just know it when you see it and it brings a tear to your eye

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
No but you see,

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Das Boo posted:

My brother in-law tried to use AI to plan a drive to Guatemala and it insisted he go through Juarez, lol.

lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
the funniest painting ever is the Garden of Earthly Delights, and no AI could come up with some of the poo poo in those three paintings

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Most AI stuff sucks poo poo but this made me lol heartily

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

roomtone posted:

some of these have actually funny lyrics, i wonder if they're just typing them in or if it generates any of it

As someone that has used Suno plenty, those are all hand-crafted artisanal ball-scratching lyrics

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

OP your posts are the only thing in the world worse than AI-generated garbage.

AI at least has an excuse for being lovely and worthless. You could self-improve but you never do.

V. sad that u care about nom epique more than the people who posted in the nom epique thread

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
lmao making AI pictures for a loving documentary, un-loving-real

KinkyJohn posted:

You can fix that poo poo if you know what you're doing, and it only takes a couple minutes longer. The ability to pres butan, receive image, has made most people super lazy. "gently caress it, good enough, nobody will notice" is now the norm

lol who gives a poo poo about that, the point is that people in the entertainment industry are now using AI to make up facts for documentaries

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pixaal posted:

SmarterChild was a mistake

The first chatbots were from 1966 and 1972

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Das Boo posted:

The sooner we rename Artificial Intelligence to Allied Mastercomputer, the sooner we can all go home.

best I can do is Advanced Micro Devices

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

syntaxfunction posted:

I don't know what this is supposed to mean, I don't keep track of the beliefs of every mildly notable person in tech.

You dont know who Mr. Netscape is!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kntfkr posted:

I am so much handsomer than this billionaire.

yeah but you didn't invent netscape