Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

"Ive used an AI to condense Gravitys Rainbow into a concise novella and remove esoteric jargon. The book is now 90 pages and reads like a YA sci-fi novel. In many ways, this is a better product. Furthermore..."

you joke but I've seen way too many people say only stuff that furthers the plot should be in a book lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

hng good god yall

Hammerite posted:

what is it useful for

absolutely nothin

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

lol that won't even load great job elon

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

the video won't load for me but the thumbnail is a hosed up guitar with 5 pickups lol

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

screw that give me hifi hiphop. quadraphonic vinyl shag carpeting in a sunken living room beats to do quaaludes to

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

the only good use of ai I've ever experienced was last week when I used google lens to look up a military ribbon

I'm a picture framer and was putting together a memorial shadowbox and didn't know which way was up on it

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

roomtone posted:

the image LLMs have totally hosed up google image search. if i'm looking for reference photos of something, now there's a bunch of generated stuff in the mix, which is useless.

yep it sucks lol, and then there's a lot of ai generated text too when you're trying to find like how to fix a computer problem

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

baptize me in holy dew

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

what was that about brevity again?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I remember when they were first teasing the Segway and they said laws would have to be changed all over the world

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

the aristocrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

I don't know what this is supposed to mean, I don't keep track of the beliefs of every mildly notable person in tech.

here's a picture of him I'm sure you'll recognize him