Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did Boeing Kill A Guy
Yes
No
Unsure
Goku
View Results

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Boeing posted:

:vince::synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
BOEING KILL A DUDE

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I think it should have passenger pods, where each seating sphere has one row of comfy seats on a half side and the other side has a row of seats but they flip up and there are three toilets in a row, the underside of the flip up seats is a three seat wide curved monitor.

We'll base it off of an A-10 Warthog but make it bigger to fit passenger pods.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Poohs Packin posted:

I have a friend who started working for Boeing directly out of Uni and immediately turned into the stereotypical yuppie weekend-warrior.

Our good friend got married and he was best man and he talked about commitment in his speech and announced that he knew a little bit about commitment because he had just signed a 30 year mortgage.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Smugworth says that they should charge extra for oxygen masks and that hardworking first class customers shouldn't have to make up the difference for free-loading coach bozos. What do you guys think?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Boeing is the sound the planes make when something failsworks as intended.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

lmao

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
this confirms boeing did 9/11

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I've never been on a plane before. Was always more of a train guy myself.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
Boeing should blame Airbus for this and claim they did this to make then (Boeing) look bad. Replace Airbus with Lockheed, the French, Russians, etc. What is anyone going to do about it?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
As long as the company admits they are saddened. It's the most anyone could ask for.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Amazing 🤩

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
"Harrier I killed a kid!!!"

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

do you think boeing assassins use special guns that fire tiny little 737s as bullets?

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Beautiful

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Buce posted:

do you think boeing assassins use special guns that fire tiny little 737s as bullets?

nah, not reliable enough

Joey_Redd
Jun 12, 2008

Buce posted:

777s I imagine. They’re like .45 of the tiny jet bullet world.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

dervival posted:

nah, not reliable enough

They keep the 757s locked and loaded if they need to breach a building or two

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I don't believe this guy killed himself thread, It makes no sense.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

I Miss Snausages posted:

Boeing should blame Airbus for this and claim they did this to make then (Boeing) look bad. Replace Airbus with Lockheed, the French, Russians, etc. What is anyone going to do about it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_bribery_scandals Lockheed got a pretty dodgy history too - of note that they were channeling money to far right organizations and gangsters in Japan through a known CIA front foreign exchange operator in order to influence government purchasing decisions. This was to sell a plane that got nicknamed 'the widowmaker' due to its poor safety record.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hahaha

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lol

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

username/post combo

Livo
Dec 31, 2023
On the one hand, the whistleblower talked publicly about safety issues a few years ago, so if Boeing actually wanted to assassinate him, they shouldn't have done it now with all the negative attention & press on them recently, it'd be really stupid to risk even more coverage or scrutiny.

On the other hand, I'll quote my OSHA post about Boeing's brand new tankers being delivered straight to the USAF already damaged, due to them leaving tools in the fuel tanks, so they probably are just that stupid.

Livo posted:

Boeing make the KC-46 Pegasus aerial tanker, which is meant to replace older tankers. However, the lack of Quality Control at Boeing has been garbage to say the least.

Boeing proudly delivered two tankers to the USAF in 2019, who upon receiving them found them already damaged even though they were straight from the factory. Turns out Boeing workers left multiple toolboxes & construction equipment in the fuel tanks.. The USAF then had to refuse any more deliveries until the debris issue was resolved

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

The round fired from 10 feet away by a standard issue cia service weapon was used in the suicide. tragic but what are you gonna do?

If you live in the US I think you have to fly on Boeings unless you’re going overseas or something.

My company was standing up a new factory, and we were flying the techs out to learn stuff at our factory, one of the techs was a former Boeing employee*, and refused to fly on a Boeing, so his manager booked him like a 5-layover flight on regional jets to avoid the issue.

*he did not work with or have any involvement in their airplane business.

ded posted:

a de-icing system that causes engine fires,

It just causes them to overheat.

Then all the weakend, overheated bits get sucked into the engine and blow it up, lol.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

spleen merchant posted:

"Boeing blatantly murders whistle-blower" is probably more useful to Russia than Boeing themselves.

Questioning corporate propaganda? No that’s Russia! MUH RUSSIA

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
both options, being assassinated and him getting completely undressed in the deposition then going home to kill himself are both equally funny. Wonder which one really happened.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

kntfkr posted:

Smugworth says that they should charge extra for oxygen masks and that hardworking first class customers shouldn't have to make up the difference for free-loading coach bozos. What do you guys think?

According to the whistleblower, about a quarter of those wouldn’t work. I think it’s a fun opportunity to open some betting every time you fly. Boeing Bingo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lol at how quickly this story disappeared from the news.

i almost completely forgot about it too except i saw a headline today about the boeing door blow out and recalled, oh yeah, they also assassinated a whistleblower the other day huh?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

The round fired from 10 feet away by a standard issue cia service weapon was used in the suicide. tragic but what are you gonna do?

If you live in the US I think you have to fly on Boeings unless you’re going overseas or something.

i just flew to my brothers wedding and back and both times i had an air bus. ive been told its not to much better then a boeing plane though

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Boeing saw how Alec Baldwin was treated and read the room

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Looks like Boeing is soon due for a name change. If I were in the Ad game I'd be gearing up for such a huge account shake up.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

redshirt posted:

Looks like Boeing is soon due for a name change. If I were in the Ad game I'd be gearing up for such a huge account shake up.

I wonder if they've considered "McDouglas Donnel" or if they're just going to eat another company and take their name

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

redshirt posted:

Blackwater is available I believe.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
How about oceangate air?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DHARMA was right

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

covidstomper58 posted:

I have been thinking this is a good time to get into the airplane industry. Or aviation... industry, poo poo it doesn't matter.

Lets just crowdfund a plane design.

So Boeing has decided to tie around 75% of its executive and management bonuses into safety and compliance metrics for the next year at least. The argument made within Boeing is that vendor delivery dates limit their ability to inspect and approve units before installing items. Boeing has been a Just In Time Delivery company for so long that even when suppliers dropped things on their dock a week before they were needed they would penalize them for tying up storage space or simply leave boxes on docks so they didn't have to acknowledge they were given product on a certain date. They're terrible customers on all fronts and my wife once witnessed a rep STAND UP ON A TABLE IN OUR COMPANY CAFETERIA and start telling other reps on site that week that Boeing was the customer and deserved the best after they weren't comped for their meals and had to expense them instead like anyone else. Boeing people are completely out of their minds, but if you think this guy got killed by Boeing you are even dumber than their executives. He's been on the record for years about their problems, they aren't blocking anything by killing him AFTER he gave sworn testimony. Like, the entire aviation industry thinks Boeing needs to die or be absorbed by a real company and even Airbus people don't think this was a killing.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

you don't kill witnesses to stop them from testifying, that's stupid, you kill witnesses to stop any new ones who might be thinking of testifying

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you don't kill witnesses to stop them from testifying, that's stupid, you kill witnesses to stop any new ones who might be thinking of testifying

That didn't work out because depositions are only just now starting and the guy who killed himself has been talking about Boeing's problems since at least 2017 when he retired. What likely happened is that he killed himself specifically because he's already given all the information he has and he wants people to build conspiracies around Boeing. It's still a terrible company with a lot to answer for and should probably be dissolved if not completely reorganized, but this company isn't competent enough to tie their shoelaces, let alone murder a guy and make it look like a suicide. They haven't even designed a successful plane in the last 20 years, you think they can figure out how to secretly pay for a hitman? They'll bill the government before they do it themselves.

I can't explain how lovely a company Boeing is. Like, multiple programs are in action at all their suppliers because they can't manage their poo poo and so everyone else has to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
yeah, we should crowdfund a plane design. name it after a forum poster, pick a word for plane in another language to make it sound fancy

We'll call it groverflugzeug