Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did Boeing Kill A Guy
Yes
No
Unsure
Goku
View Results

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Do you believe Jeffery Epstein Killed himself, or was told to kill himself?

I dont think this is a fair comparison, because Epstein had direct information that would've been extraordinarily bad for several billionaires

Boeing execs are super rich, and they will be sad if they go to jail, but they're effectively nobodies compared to Epstein's clients

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cassette Moodcore posted:

There’s literally no consequences to Boeing outsourcing production and knowingly being complicit that the contractor was making absolute poo poo. Worst case scenario is TO BIG TO FAIL they’ll get a huge government bailout, the CEO will be “forced out” with a huge golden parachute severance package and all the people who died or were injured will never be able to get compensation because they don’t have money to fight a long lawsuit

Welcome to America

You're far too pessimistic.

The taxpayers will foot the bill for the 100k each family gets in the arbitration

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mannerup posted:

it was a David Carradine situation

yep, just let him do it

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Interview with a friend of the whistleblower...

'If anything happens, it's not suicide': Boeing whistleblower's prediction before death"

https://wpde.com/news/local/if-anything-happens-its-not-suicide-boeing-whistleblowers-prediction-before-death-south-carolina-abc-news-4-2024

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Aragosta posted:

'If anything happens, it's not suicide': Boeing whistleblower's prediction before death"

https://wpde.com/news/local/if-anything-happens-its-not-suicide-boeing-whistleblowers-prediction-before-death-south-carolina-abc-news-4-2024

obviously part of his grand conspiracy. first this guy sabotages boeing's planes for years and then he kills himself, all to make them look bad. some people just hate freedom and our way of life!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Aragosta posted:

as usually comes out in cases like this, no big

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

AlmightyBob posted:

"what's that, agent 47 sucked off a guy?"

"Good work, 47."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

flubber nuts posted:

probably part of the hundred year cover up of aliens.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Livo posted:

On the one hand, the whistleblower talked publicly about safety issues a few years ago, so if Boeing actually wanted to assassinate him, they shouldn't have done it now with all the negative attention & press on them recently, it'd be really stupid to risk even more coverage or scrutiny.

On the other hand, I'll quote my OSHA post about Boeing's brand new tankers being delivered straight to the USAF already damaged, due to them leaving tools in the fuel tanks, so they probably are just that stupid.

My biggest regret in my professional life is never getting involved with government contract work. I always assumed you needed to be incredibly competent and that failure would yield significant consequences.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

These things dont happen explicitely but rather through a series of vague and impossible orders that trickle down from the top.

“Just fix it! I dont care how” goes from boss to subordinate down the chain until someone particularly ambitious and has friends in low places goes “I can fix it.”

Asking questions is asking for complicity, so of course no one does.

So the execs see the news and heads roll internally (not theirs lol) because of course they meant “when I said fix it I didnt mean it like that!”

And by “like that” they meant making national news. Not the killing part

Hows that for cynical? (all true though)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

sure okay posted:

So the execs see the news and heads roll internally

oh im sure some will roll externally as well

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Code Jockey posted:

oh im sure some will roll externally as well

I think he meant the execs went bowling

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

On the bright side we are a couple years away from stories about JC and Solid Snake being non fiction PhD historian/sociologist poo poo

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Wait that's not good

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

dude had an unopened sack of taco bell and a cold baja blast found in the truck

nobody, but nobody who's decided to check out of the mortal coil goes to the suffering of interacting with a drive through in Charleston and then doesn't eat it first

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

shame on an IGA posted:

dude had an unopened sack of taco bell and a cold baja blast found in the truck

nobody, but nobody who's decided to check out of the mortal coil goes to the suffering of interacting with a drive through in Charleston and then doesn't eat it first

This is exactly how I would try to frame Boeing for my death

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

You have to read this post in the voice of Columbo

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Boeing didn't assassinate him, I did

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

i can't begin to imagine what you did to cause post nut clarity induced suicide

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

that wasn't cool, man!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Toxic Mental posted:

Imo you shouldn’t have done that.

Imo.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Toxic Mental posted:

The person who assassinated him killed himself

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Vampire Panties posted:

I dont think this is a fair comparison, because Epstein had direct information that would've been extraordinarily bad for several billionaires

You have to wonder if they had something like a discreet corridor meeting at Davos to coordinate the effort.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Right after talking to Boeing's lawyers lol yeah they killed him

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I'm generally skeptical when it comes to conspiracy theories but Boeing totally killed this guy

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I'm generally skeptical when it comes to conspiracy theories but Boeing totally killed this guy

being that its boeing, they probably have a tax column for "people we killed, intentional or otherwise"

naem
May 29, 2011

haunted bong posted:

being that its boeing, they probably have a tax column for "people we killed, intentional or otherwise"

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

we should stop blaming cute innocent boeing for this bad mans actions

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It’s p weird that the world of John Wick is real and no one cares.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Boeing couldn't hit an elephant at this dist

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sophy Wackles posted:

It’s p weird that the world of John Wick is real and no one cares.

*Tosses you a gold coin for your silence

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I totally believe goverments/corporations/the rich assassinate people all the goddamn time. Like, why wouldn't they? What's anyone gonna do about it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Bible posted:

My biggest regret in my professional life is never getting involved with government contract work. I always assumed you needed to be incredibly competent and that failure would yield significant consequences.

You're a funny person, the bible, you know that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Worf posted:

This is exactly how I would try to frame Boeing for my death

lmfao

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

The Bible posted:

way to make an rear end out of mumptions, ya jerk :arghfist:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Das Boo posted:

I totally believe goverments/corporations/the rich assassinate people all the goddamn time. Like, why wouldn't they? What's anyone gonna do about it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

We're too busy in-fighting rn, maybe later.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Society is geared to basically not do it ever again, it's an industrial grade resource extractor and everyone not a billionaire is the feedstock getting shoveled in feet first

Like what, is somebody going to blow up the state of the union? That would just change the stage dressing and drop the smaller governments into martial law. All those losers are bought and sold like trading cards in the first place.

Problem is to fuel these lifestyles they gotta keep shoveling until they're busting up every other thing and throwing it in the furnace. Until the people actually shoveling can't deny to themselves that it's other people going in. Then you get people starting to snap, so you need to build more ways to stretch this out.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i just want to fly on an airplane without the fear of it falling apart midair like a contraption in Tears of the Kingdom when the battery runs out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Tony Lazuto says hello!