Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did Boeing Kill A Guy
Yes
No
Unsure
Goku
View Results

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Funny to think that it was five years ago Boeings started spontaneously falling out of the sky, and the faa refused to ground them, as if that isn’t a subtle hint to wider issues in your setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Cabal Ties posted:

Funny to think that it was five years ago Boeings started spontaneously falling out of the sky, and the faa refused to ground them, as if that isn’t a subtle hint to wider issues in your setup.

The explanation "well its because they didnt buy a feature, but don't worry all the planes in G7 countries bought the feature" :byoscience:

I used to fly 100k miles a year on Boeing/United birds, and I'm really glad I don't anymore

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

MCAS should be a case study in corruption, laziness, bad engineering and outsourcing in just what a disaster of an industrial sensor it is.

Edit: and they made that poo poo critical and didn't tell anyone how it worked or that it was now a critical part of the plane. Creating a single-point failure nobody bothered to catch through sheer Wall Street-side intertia.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 1, 2024

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Lmao, loving Boeing. Wonder how long this guy will last.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/new-boeing-whistleblower-alleges-serious-structural-flaws-on-787-and-777-jets/

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

as long as air travel remains safer per mile than driving, the markets have not reached peak efficiency yet and there is more safety to erode on behalf of shareholders

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It's gonna be so funny if he also "commits suicide"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

as long as air travel remains safer per mile than driving, the markets have not reached peak efficiency yet and there is more safety to erode on behalf of shareholders

:haibrower:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

do you know the price difference between the aluminum you use for cans and aluminum you use for planes?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Hitman: Codename 747

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

do you know the price difference between the aluminum you use for cans and aluminum you use for planes?

I think it's aluminum for planes and aluminium for cans.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

The Moon Monster posted:

I think it's aluminum for planes and aluminium for cans.

looks like this guy has never seen the cost for anything airplane related

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

7075 aluminum alloy is super expensive compared to the stuff they use for cans

How much more expensive? I can't tell you, because I'm not requesting market price quotes from suppliers

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's gonna be so funny if he also "commits suicide"

Boeing PR: The immense guilt of knowing they lied about such a great company simply overwhelmed the two men

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Code Jockey posted:

Boeing PR: The immense guilt of knowing they lied about such a great company simply overwhelmed the two men

this is probably what actually happened tbh

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Boeing is the cornerstone of America

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The inside of the big Boeing campus near the Seattle airport is really something. So many cavernous, empty cube farms.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

there's nothing sadder than an empty cube imo. just a pathetic void longing to be filled by a solid cube.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

AlmightyBob posted:

"what's that, agent 47 sucked off a guy?"

agent 47 offing a whistleblower whist another man’s whistle blows into his mouth

many such cases!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Bouillon Rube posted:

another man’s whistle blows into his mouth

many such cases!

they call this the jumbo jet

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
This never would have happened if that horse hadn't hosed that guy in the rear end to death.

It's like death by Unga Boeing.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

However long it takes Boeing to 'misplace' all the paperwork substantiating his claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem
rear end rear end inated