Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
the xkcd guy is not capable of being funny, and yet he is funny. it's like a paradox or something. he could make one of his unfunny comics about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I like data (and science)

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

redshirt posted:

I like data (and science)

loving nerd

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Perfect window for a Sicko, too

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

lmao

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

finally a funny xkcd

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s ok to feel sad or rejected or whatever but just imagine putting that out into the world lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s ok to feel sad or rejected or whatever but just imagine putting that out into the world lmao

Artists share OP. They open their hearts to all of time for all to see, and learn, and grow.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

Artists share OP. They open their hearts to all of time for all to see, and learn, and grow.

I've definitely written poo poo like that, then looked at it, and realized it is not for the world to see.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

redshirt posted:

artist is an extremely generous description of the xkcd nerd

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

you misspelled 'rear end in a top hat'

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Lol

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
The XKCD guy couldn't have been older than 23 when he wrote that. Chances are Megan got divorced by now.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

It's beautiful

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
XKCD created a defence mechanism in me where I feign disinterest in topics like space or maths until I'm 100% I'm not talking to an "I loving Love Science!" goober.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

XKCD created a defence mechanism in me where I feign disinterest in topics like space or maths until I'm 100% I'm not talking to an "I loving Love Science!" goober.

:(

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Hammerite posted:

the xkcd guy is not capable of being funny, and yet he is funny. it's like a paradox or something. he could make one of his unfunny comics about it

xkcd guy is funny (bell curve meme)

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

I do mean feign! Those things are cool, but the whole "whoaaaa, science!" thing is kind of annoying outside of classes of 12 year olds seeing magnesium meet a bunsen burner.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lmfao

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the lamest webcomic on the www, makes buckley seem musclebound

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I like how there's an xkcd comic for any computer issue or subject :3:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Smugworth posted:

I like how there's an goatkcd comic for any computer issue or subject :goatsecx:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I never want to mock any nerd who gets some small laugh somewhere that's genuine to him/her. Without mockery and fear of mockery.

God bless them.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I like terrible maths and science jokes but good lord is that one bitter, especially where it's implied he's saying this at her wedding. We've all seen some poo poo so if he was young and stupid then whatever, hopefully he's grown up more since then.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

most overrated web comic around. which is saying something because pretty much every web comic sucks rear end

Except for Goatkcd, of course.

Edit:
:nws:https://goatkcd.com/884/:nws:

lol

BeastOfTheEdelwood fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 12, 2024

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I like his "Thing Explainer" where he only uses the 1,000 most commonly-used English words to explain scientific concepts. From time to time I will show it to my students and challenge them to write about a subject using the same list of words. It can be real challenge for them.

The last time I did this, one of my student asked "Is this like trying to explain something to someone who voted for Trump???"

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Lol literally none of this happened smdh

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Genesplicer posted:

I like his "Thing Explainer" where he only uses the 1,000 most commonly-used English words to explain scientific concepts. From time to time I will show it to my students and challenge them to write about a subject using the same list of words. It can be real challenge for them.

The last time I did this, one of my student asked "Is this like trying to explain something to someone who voted for Trump???"

Thank you

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

It clearly did or there wouldn't be a picture of them slap bang in the middle of the comic :colbert:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Next you'll be telling me a priest, a rabbi, and an imam didn't walk into a bar.

Nothinggetspastthisguy.jpg

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Next you'll be telling me a priest, a rabbi, and an imam didn't walk into a bar.

Nothinggetspastthisguy.jpg

*Chortles

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

BeastOfTheEdelwood posted:

Edit:

lol

holy moly

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

:mods: change thread title to "GBS goatkcd thread [NWS]" and make wesleywillis the ik

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 13, 2024

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

BeastOfTheEdelwood posted:

Edit:

lol

jesus christ this made me cry laughing

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

https://goatkcd.com/2720/

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
https://goatkcd.com/180/
:canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

excellent selection, a top grade goatkcd for sure