Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Squashing Machine posted:

You make fun of the XKCD nerd, but the guy made a million dollars.

Elon: GROOOOIMES

XKCD: MEEEEGAAAAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok we're done posting our friend and if you do again I'm going to smash you thanks!

The Saint revealed "That Which is Hidden" and the Believers who "knew" applauded. For they always knew but did not "know what they knew" until they were shown "what they want" (Jobs 4:20:69)

The coastal liberal elites persecuted The Saint because they knew he spoke The Truth. For they "knew" as did all.

git apologist posted:

smugly recognising some reference that you understand cos you’re just a little smarter than everyone else; that’s peak comedy

I tend to enjoy XKCDs when they're relevant to whatever I happen to be learning at the moment. So like it was cool when they came up during college google sessions. The other time I enjoyed them was when I was living in a brain-drain town and it was so unusual to meet someone who knew unix or any programming language outside of work that you'd pretty much always become friends.

In the past decade I haven't learned poo poo but new ways to consume YAML and TOML files so it's been at least that long since I've enjoyed an XKCD :(

Internet Old One fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 15, 2024

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
XKCD is mid, like Garfield, so I'm not surprised it makes money for the author, like Garfield.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

BeastOfTheEdelwood posted:

Except for Goatkcd, of course.

Edit:
:nws:https://goatkcd.com/884/:nws:

lol

xkgoatse

pronounce it aloud

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there are half a dozen or so xkcd strips in wide circulation because they succinctly sum up some argument or situation that people, usually computer touchers or scientists, tend to encounter often.

those comics are ok, not exactly funny, but at least relatable and can say a lot in few words. if they're your only exposure to the comic, you probably have a much higher opinion of it than it deserves.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

also here's my favorite goatkcd so far, won't embed since the fun police are apparently short on quotas right now

:nws: https://goatkcd.com/1732/ :nws:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Bad Purchase posted:

also here's my favorite goatkcd so far, won't embed since the fun police are apparently short on quotas right now

:eyepoop:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

lol truly one of the greats

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

would a mod mind revealing who reported all of those disgusting images in this thread so that we can thank them?

mod transparency, especially for positive recognition of community minded individuals, seems like an obvious win in situations like these. you know what they say about democracy dying in the dark, sunshine being the best disinfectant, and so forth...

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Bad Purchase posted:

would a mod mind revealing who reported all of those disgusting images in this thread so that we can thank them?

mod transparency, especially for positive recognition of community minded individuals, seems like an obvious win in situations like these. you know what they say about democracy dying in the dark, sunshine being the best disinfectant, and so forth...

mod discord blowing up rn. talking about going deathcon 3 on all these posters

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

n/t

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

well now im gonna vote 5

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

voted 2, my 1s are reserved for those garbage threads that get gassed in 5 min anyways.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Grey Cat posted:

voted 2, my 1s are reserved for those garbage threads that get gassed in 5 min anyways.

votign 1 on your own threads? smdh

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Not voting is clearly the best way to effect electoral change.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

redshirt posted:

Not voting is clearly the best way to effect electoral change.

it may surprise you to learn that voting does absolutely nothing

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

votign 1 on your own threads? smdh

I walked right into that one. :sigh:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

:lmao:

voting 5 in support of pencilhands’ ongoing posting rehab. keep on that wagon buddy, you got this

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

:nws: for all u "trekkies" out there in the xckd world :nws:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*arches eyebrow mildly

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

*arches eyebrow mildly

I remember that episode. It's almost as good as the one where Worf demonstrates klingon biological redundancy by spreading both of his anuses.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I remember that episode. It's almost as good as the one where Worf demonstrates klingon biological redundancy by spreading both of his anuses.

*arches eyebrow mildly

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

proudly voted :five: for this amazing thread

i had never seen the megan wedding speech comic, it's a well earned vote

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

many noble goons sacrificed their friday posting for us itt, let us not forget them either

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

If you must know it was me
Rules are rules and flagrantly posting the goatman for all to see is forbidden, some people could be trying to pass the time on their work computers on these great forums
I stand with the mods and Sheriff Pecksniff

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Grey Cat posted:

Wait hes called "Worf"? Like pronounced "Wharf"?

Ive been calling him "Warp" for like 20 years

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Poohs Packin posted:

Wait hes called "Worf"? Like pronounced "Wharf"?

Ive been calling him "Warp" for like 20 years

Yes like Wore-Ffff, lol.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Bad Purchase posted:

Good to see after all these years there is still fresh goatse content coming out of the nets. Truly classic.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Wait do people think that comic is an actual toast he wrote and not a joke

goon face blindness is surpassed only by goon joke blindness

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

haha funny joke

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I dug into the xkcd extended universe and apparently Megan is his go to female everywoman and the wedding toast strip is cited as evidence of the author's unrequited love. Lol you nerds it's the Free Churro joke and literally the punchline

If you're looking for real psychosis, the D&D politoons thread banned Day By Day features the self insert author's hot redhead half Japanese wife who is explicitly patterned on a girl he knew from work thirty years ago who wouldn't give him the time of day. He's built a mind-palace existence with kids and everything.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I dug into the xkcd extended universe and apparently Megan is his go to female everywoman and the wedding toast strip is cited as evidence of the author's unrequited love. Lol you nerds it's the Free Churro joke and literally the punchline

If you're looking for real psychosis, the D&D politoons thread banned Day By Day features the self insert author's hot redhead half Japanese wife who is explicitly patterned on a girl he knew from work thirty years ago who wouldn't give him the time of day. He's built a mind-palace existence with kids and everything.

webcomics don’t seem like a very healthy habit

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Uhhh I am sort of new here and incapable of fully parsing this. But I am intensely interested in seeing this if you could tell me a little more

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Where does Linux slot into this?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

FilthyImp posted:

Where does Linux slot into this?

right in the butthole

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Day by day guy is insane and obviously a sex pervert. that's it.

IF xkcd guy can't form a joke that requires a lore research dump
THEN he can't form a joke
THEREFORE he fuckin sucks

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

heh heh my extremely specific and bitter wedding toast comic without an actual joke in it wasn’t about me, heh heh, it was a JOKE and you fell for it hook line and sinker heh

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Only advanced cerebral minds will get this one, otherwise known as the free churro trope.

If the audience gets it I won't seem maladapted and permanently obsessed with a specific woman irl, possibly to a level that in fact does negatively impact my day to day life, hers (and her spouse's), and our relationship.

They're definitely going to get the complex joke and I'm absolutely not misjudging this thing in any way.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
re: Megan
Ok cool I’ve felt like that before but the difference was I was 13 and didn’t make it into a comic. Hope he’s less weird now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

emSparkly posted:

re: Megan
Ok cool I’ve felt like that before but the difference was I was 13 and didn’t make it into a comic. Hope he’s less weird now.

"It's a joooooke," I remind you linuxly