Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

for me the off-putting thing about that comic is that it's written from the nice guy point of view, but in the last couple panels it acknowledges that the nice guy is fully aware that it's a false love he's pursued. it's darker than usual for that stereotype.

normally the critique of the "nice guy" pattern is that his attempts at manipulating someone into a relationship are pathetic and deluded. adding the interpretation that the nice guy also understands the woman won't truly love him or be happy, but he continues to manipulate her anyway is much more sinister.

the comic is obviously not supporting that behavior, but it's still a weird interpretation of the internal thoughts of someone like that, and so i have to assume some of xkcd guy's personal impulses are represented even if he ultimately realizes they're gross.

still not as bad as the wedding toast though. nothing will top that.

actually it’s creepy garbage sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

apology accepted

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4en_VCLm7s

Mandatory background listening for this thread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

for me the off-putting thing about that comic is that it's written from the nice guy point of view, but in the last couple panels it acknowledges that the nice guy is fully aware that it's a false love he's pursued. it's darker than usual for that stereotype.

normally the critique of the "nice guy" pattern is that his attempts at manipulating someone into a relationship are pathetic and deluded. adding the interpretation that the nice guy also understands the woman won't truly love him or be happy, but he continues to manipulate her anyway is much more sinister.

the comic is obviously not supporting that behavior, but it's still a weird interpretation of the internal thoughts of someone like that, and so i have to assume some of xkcd guy's personal impulses are represented even if he ultimately realizes they're gross.

still not as bad as the wedding toast though. nothing will top that.

*Hug*

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The XKCD guy delivered the toast while stretching out his rear end in a top hat to the wedding party.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Mega64 posted:

The XKCD guy delivered the toast while stretching out his rear end in a top hat to the wedding party.

any pics or?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yes but out of respect I don’t post them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
rear end in a top hat like a punch bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

rear end in a top hat like a punch bowl

Turtle Power!